No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bring this back to something I have said a couple of times before: What makes Patrick Dangerfield so special that he has the luxury of holding the AFC to ransom and making them prove to him we are worthy? Has the eight years of development into one of the top 5 players in the AFL not enough? I get that he is a freee agent and everyone is auditioning for his services but sometimes it seems he it a bit of a figjam.

Only a bit?

Don't think I know anyone that has such a high opinion of themselves as Danger appears to from the outside.

I will be one of the rats, they will pry the 32 out of my cold dead fingers.

Also the world is a magical place where anything can happen, this guys got to be pm.
dalde_thumb.jpg

I actually think they know and are leaning towards the players being very accepting of these types of situations.

I don't think the players get as emotional about these things as the fans do.

I think this is because they can picture themselves being one day in a similar position.
Because it's a job for the players - not a hobby. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One week ago it was a great time to be a Crows supporter.

'Danger is gone, Woosha is gone, Paulos is gone, the Crows' season is gone.' -Stephen Rowe, 21/9/2015.

No, today was not a good day to be a Crows supporter.
I know, another off season of bullshit awaits. I'd prefer it if we could just concentrate on winning games of footy.

I actually think they know and are leaning towards the players being very accepting of these types of situations.

I don't think the players get as emotional about these things as the fans do.

I think this is because they can picture themselves being one day in a similar position.
Put yourself in the players position. They will see danger as a loss to the side but for them it is "next man up".

We've all played team sports I assume. Whilst there was always a gun player or two in the side, if that player left or didn't play you didn't throw in the towel or give up hope of victory.

These guys are competitors, they'll shrug their shoulders, say seeya later mate and then welcome their new team mate and get on with it.

I posted on previous page

Don't want to create false hope and its not enough to change my mind to staying however I can say that yes the club was given an indication of Paddy's desire to move however since then Paddy has asked further questions of the club "big picture" questions

All I'm saying is he may not have yet fully signed off on his decision
I'm starting to hypothesise that all that we've heard today actually marries up. No Pun intended.
In August he tells Adelaide that he wants to leave.
Adelaide and Geelong have conversations.
When Geelong say we won't overpay him, Adelaide say they will match.
Geelong realise that they have to trade to get him and offer up 2 first round draft picks, thinking that will make it a done deal (Dwayne's insider).
In the meantime Adelaide play finals and Paddy likes this.
He hears what Geelong have to give up to get him. His manager threatens the pre-season draft to Adelaide.
They laugh and give them the names of some good Brisbane suburbs to live in.
Having liked playing finals, seeing the gericatrics getting around on their zimmer frames and realising that the trade to get him would relegate his new club to the cellar for the rest of his career, he starts to have second thoughts about going now. He then requests meetings with both clubs for what they think is a final sales pitch but instead he tells them that he has decided to stay for 2 more years for the good of everyone.
Adelaide up the offer to pay for babysitters for the next 2 years.
And they all lived happily ever after!

Not in this draft. This is one of the weakest for 3 or 4 years. The top 3 are the only standouts. If Lever was in this draft he would be pick 1.
With due respect that is simply bullshit, just for starters Weitering>>>>>>>>>Lever, Schache>>>>>>>McCartin
If anything the top 20 is superior to last years top 2o, it's the depth that is patchy after pick 30 or so.

Knightmare's summary on Weitering for you.

Summary: Weitering projects to be a 300 game key defender and multiple time All Australian Centre Half Back. He has the ability to develop into the best key defender in the competition with the completeness, dominance and rapid development he is demonstrating. Weitering from season one can step into a back half and contribute and will only continue his rapid footballing growth with further games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back