No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of Danger coming out in his press conference and letting out an evil laugh, I don't think there's any realistic way in which we can tell him to sit at his own table for the Brownlow count or to skip the club champion award, and not look like a bunch of childish jerks.
How bloody funny would it be to see him and Mardi at their own table though?

Agree. We clearly have a culture problem. In the short term I think we will have to focus on recruiting SA players first. Of course all the good ones have already gone to Vic clubs.....

I am really depressed around the state of our club at the moment.
I don't think we do anymore.
This has always been on the cards.

I don't know how many times it has to be said. You can't trade a player if they refuse the trade.

Danger would have said, "No thanks, I'll play out my current contract." to any trade attempts. Geelong would have said, "No thanks, we'll grab him next year for free."
Thats where the system lets us down massively.

Sorry if it's been mentioned. Just heard a news grab on SEN where AFL Operations Manager Mark Evans said that the AFL will look at the compensation for clubs losing out on RFA & FA next year but not this year.......what a f***ing coincidence!
My guess is that there's some key players at Victorian clubs in line for FA next year.
I think they are considering removing compensation completely
I hope this is correct. FA compo should be removed entirely.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this attitude has been pissing me off for a while now.

Why do we, as supporters, insist on trying to paint Dangerfield as some kind of attention whore narcissist arseh*le?

Let's work in hypotheticals here. He decided at the beginning of this year to leave. What could he possibly have done differently? If he announced he was intending to leave, he's running the risk of getting booed out of the stadium each week, or even getting dropped from the team. He obviously can't announce that he's staying when he's not. So he just uses the line "I'll make my mind up later" whenever he's asked. It's not like he's going out of his way to seek the media to say it. He's said time and time again that he doesn't want to talk about it, but people keep asking. Should he just shut his mouth and leave the room when it happens?

And what about the other scenario - I would say the most likely scenario - that he hadn't fully made his mind up yet at the beginning of the year. So he was honestly saying that he was yet to make a decision, but obviously he's not going to put an early time frame on such a big decision. Then, sometime between then and now, he did make up his mind to leave. He can't then come out and change his tune, it'd be jumped on immediately.

The only alternative is that he comes out and announces early that he's leaving - and he's seen how we react towards players who do that in the past. Not to mention we had a finals thrust that didn't need derailing by questions about whether he should even be still playing. So he kept his mouth shut and just trotted out the party line whenever he was asked. Selfish perhaps, but there has been nothing in his actions to indicate he's getting off on the attention. In fact, I'm willing to bet that he's sick to death of the media scrutiny. All of this "Patty loves the headlines" bullshit just makes us Crows supporters sound like bitter jerks who can't wait to cross his eyes out on all our photos.

Lets just say we look at this debacle very differently and I am sure we are bothy very comfortable with that.

Walsh leaves us, Woosha gone, Danger gone...everyone abandoning us. This is the point where my hope for the future of the club is being extremely tested. But it's important we keep the faith.

With or without him, I'm still confident in the team we have raised. We will be fine as long as we keep our composure and keep climbing the mountain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest question I have

Who is to take over his share of the Alma?

To support the new stakeholder I will drink there more often in my way to let danger know I'm seriously let down

Walsh leaves us, Woosha gone, Danger gone...everyone abandoning us. This is the point where my hope for the future of the club is being extremely tested. But it's important we keep the faith.

With or without him, I'm still confident in the team we have raised. We will be fine as long as we keep our composure and keep climbing the mountain.
Wut...

Feel sorry for the poor bastards who actually thought he was staying.

Club seriously needs to reconsider how many people we draft from interstate.
Puts hand up .....:cry::cry:

Walsh leaves us, Woosha gone, Danger gone...everyone abandoning us. <snip>
I think that is a bit of a stretch mate.

Walsh didn't leave us - he was taken from us.
Woosha didn't leave us - he came to us and supported us.
Danger is leaving us - like Buddy left Hawks, like Ablett left Geelong, like Beams left Collingwood ... etc

We are building, and Dangerfield is going to miss it. No worries, best of luck to you and your family. The club is bigger than even Dangerfield guys and girls. Wait and see what happens, it is not such a bad thing - it is just a thing.

Biggest question I have

Who is to take over his share of the Alma?

To support the new stakeholder I will drink there more often in my way to let danger know I'm seriously let down

Not sure on the setup there, but i reckon Hurley and Roo would still have main control over the place. Tex/sloane/danger would be bit players. #opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back