No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree

The club will have a planned negotiation range for both players and IMO Danger's decision wont push up the Sloane offer it will just create cap space for other player targets

I have the assumption Sloane doesn't mind playing for less if Dangerfield signs.

Yes Partners have input and form part of the decision making process however most importantly they are there to support your dreams and career, even more so if you are the major cabbage earner and providing them with a certain quality of life style
Really? What if they have their own dreams and career? Surely, it's a negotiation, and sometimes both have to make compromises.

I was thinking if Danger decided to leave to a club that was a better chance of delivering a premiership than AFC before the end of Danger's career ... how would he pick that?

It's a very strange thing to somehow think you can see that - sure you can probably pick 3 or 4 teams that should make the finals in the next year - but after that, who freakin knows.

He might be walking out of the new powerhouse and into a club heading into the middle of the table.

Lets say he is going to make the decision by mid-year, what chance would you give anyone in picking a club that was definitely going to win a premiership in the next 5 years? And I mean 100%.

He will add to whatever team he goes to, but he won't be the only move. Too many machinations to be able to predict anything.

Surely his best bet is to stay with a club that is building like us and make sure it is successful - rather than hoping to piggy-back into a premiership elsewhere?
Only need to use Nathan Buckley as an example. Left the Lions who ended up making 4 GF's in a row and won 3 of them (though Collingwood were still a very very good team). Nothing is guaranteed in either decision really.

If an offer is made to an RFA player, and the player accepts that offer, that is what the players current club has to match. If they do match it, that's it, the player either signs the matched offer from their current club, or they decide to seek a trade or enter the draft.

Accepts that offer = signing the offer sheet. Can only be done once. If the contract offer is matched, and the player agrees the contract transfers to the existing club

I was thinking if Danger decided to leave to a club that was a better chance of delivering a premiership than AFC before the end of Danger's career ... how would he pick that?

It's a very strange thing to somehow think you can see that - sure you can probably pick 3 or 4 teams that should make the finals in the next year - but after that, who freakin knows.

He might be walking out of the new powerhouse and into a club heading into the middle of the table.

Lets say he is going to make the decision by mid-year, what chance would you give anyone in picking a club that was definitely going to win a premiership in the next 5 years? And I mean 100%.

He will add to whatever team he goes to, but he won't be the only move. Too many machinations to be able to predict anything.

Surely his best bet is to stay with a club that is building like us and make sure it is successful - rather than hoping to piggy-back into a premiership elsewhere?

Let's be honest for a moment. Are we really building? Aren't we are always building? footy is a journey, and you make a lot of great mates along the way in that journey. Staying with us is about the environment, the club, the players and people around that you might want to take that journey with.

No one in their right mind is going to pick us if winning a flag is all they care about. I also don't think its predictable (as you rightly say) but it sure did work out for Burgoyne, Lake & Gunston.

The team danger goes to will be a bit closer to a flag by virtue of his presence.

Really? What if they have their own dreams and career? Surely, it's a negotiation, and sometimes both have to make compromises.

They pursues them in the location where the major earner is developing their career othereise there is always the gly in fly out option

given the fact that Danger could potentially be earning 10 times more than his partner I think that if he truly wants to remain in Adelaide then its fair and reasonable for him to ask for her support

Last edited:
Let's be honest for a moment. Are we really building? Aren't we are always building? footy is a journey, and you make a lot of great mates along the way in that journey. Staying with us is about the environment, the club, the players and people around that you might want to take that journey with.

No one in their right mind is going to pick us if winning a flag is all they care about. I also don't think its predictable (as you rightly say) but it sure did work out for Burgoyne, Lake & Gunston.

The team danger goes to will be a bit closer to a flag by virtue of his presence.

Are we really building let see how Walsh responds to that question this year

So if Danger went to the Dees they would be closer to winning a flag then us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest for a moment. Are we really building? Aren't we are always building?

I think we are, and I think there are definitely clubs that are going up and some that are coming down.

footy is a journey, and you make a lot of great mates along the way in that journey. Staying with us is about the environment, the club, the players and people around that you might want to take that journey with.

OK, but Danger is talking about the "success" not the enjoyable journey.

Yep - but my point is that the risk to go can sometimes be greater than the risk of staying.

Not necessarily. Were Sydney closer to a flag because Buddy went there ... or did him and Tippett change that team's make-up so much that it might of cost them one?

I'm not too fussed by Danger and Sloane using different language. Danger has always been by both success and also a desire to know where the club is heading. Back post Tippett he was asking Trigg etc what the club was doing, what were its plans etc. Some people want to know the big picture stuff, and some - the very, very elite, and argue all you like, but Danger is in the very very elite, the drive is all about proving it on the biggest stage at the biggest moment possible.

I hope he doesn't do a Buckley and think he can find a Premiership somewhere else, but I can understand him wanting to see how we look under Walshy. I also hope he does listen to those who stayed one club players and how much that matters. Buckely would hardly even remember playing for Brisbane so that doesn't really compare. FWIW, I think his post playing career value would actually be better if he stays. He'll be a god in SA, and every other supporter would respect him for staying. Even if he goes and wins a premiership he'll always have that tag as one who sold out his club. It might not matter much in the long run, but I would think Danger is someone who does place some store in how people regard him.

On their board they are expecting top 5 pick.

How the hell are we going to come up with that one.
I do not think we will end up at the bottom of the ladder this year.

Does this not also apply to Aish?

Or given that if he moves after just 2 years give him a bit more leniency. ie The go home was too strong.
Yeah 2 years is almost a "I'm home sick" let me go out-clause. Also after two years, has a club really invested much into a player? Also it would be a trade - possibly a win-win one. Free agency is completely different mind set, and next to bugger all chance for us to come out even.

Also I really don't care if we get Aish or not. Sure would be great to have him, but he's not one of the top 5 players in the comp. He *might* one day be so. Or he might be as good as Gibbs. To be honest I'm not sure.

Also was talking more about Danger as a media personality - which we know is where he is headed.

Yeah 2 years is almost a "I'm home sick" let me go out-clause. Also after two years, has a club really invested much into a player? Also it would be a trade - possibly a win-win one. Free agency is completely different mind set, and next to bugger all chance for us to come out even.

Also I really don't care if we get Aish or not. Sure would be great to have him, but he's not one of the top 5 players in the comp. He *might* one day be so. Or he might be as good as Gibbs. To be honest I'm not sure.

Also was talking more about Danger as a media personality - which we know is where he is headed.

Pavlich while he will be labelled as a one team player apparently in the early 00s was all but set to come back to SA before Ayres decided he wanted Carey more so. Very very sad to think of what may have been with a blue chip forward in 05 and 06.

Aish had a solid debut season, scary to think with 3-4 solid preseasons into him what kind of player he will become. Really crucial we get back as many good SA players that we can. Im just sick and tied of the talent we have lost over the last 5 years.

“I am still comfortable with where it is all sitting, still chatting with the club and you know better than anyone how I feel about Adelaide and the football club,”

99% certainty.

I am sure his contract is dependent on what happens to Danger. He will probably try to sneak in an extra $50k per year or seek a 5 or 6 year deal.

I would be fine for Sloane to get a 6 year deal, he not the kind of player that will drop off. Especially if there is performance triggers in his contract.

ie Top 10 at Clubs B&F etc

Seems pretty durable to.

It may not be all his decision. Without doubt, like all of us, our partners have a big say in what we do. He might have done a deal with her last time that they would go back home after his last deal.
Who knows.

Doesn't even need a D-I-V-O-R-C-E to fix that issue though does he.

Pavlich while he will be labelled as a one team player apparently in the early 00s was all but set to come back to SA before Ayres decided he wanted Carey more so. Very very sad to think of what may have been with a blue chip forward in 05 and 06.

Aish had a solid debut season, scary to think with 3-4 solid preseasons into him what kind of player he will become. Really crucial we get back as many good SA players that we can. Im just sick and tied of the talent we have lost over the last 5 years.
Yeah Pav is a good comparison.... Christ I would have loved him. But I thought highly of him for staying.

They pursues them in the location where the major earner is developing their career othereise there is always the gly in fly out option

given the fact that Danger could potentially be earning 10 times more than his partner I think that if he truly wants to remain in Adelaide then its fair and reasonable for him to ask for her support
Except he can earn that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back