Reasonable St Kilda supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball would have no troubles getting into Saints 22, he would easily slot in there before Armitage.

If he would have had no troubles getting in our best 22 he wouldn't have left to go to Collingwood

He's probably realising now that he has thrown away any chance he had of winning a flag by leaving St Kilda.

Successful like Collingwood? No, those teams have at least won a few flags in the past 50 years.

& in the last 20 years, the AFL era, Collingwood & have won a flag. St. Kilda haven't. You sound about 13 years old.

History didn't start 50 years ago. Collingwood have won 14 premierships (St. Kilda 1), won more finals than any other club, won more games than any other club, etc, etc. They are a successful club, St. Kilda isn't as evidenced by the countless amount of wooden spoons they have won & the lack of premiership cups in their trophy cabinet.

I gues you define "strange folk" as educated people, eh?

I define educated or even mildly educated people as ones who can spell guess correctly.:thumbsu: You're a battler.

Ball has been good, Jolly is still fitting in but at least our recruits from last year are actually on the field this year :thumbsu:

Jolly signed for 4 years....LULZ.

& in the last 20 years, the AFL era, Collingwood & have won a flag. St. Kilda haven't. You sound about 13 years old.

History didn't start 50 years ago. Collingwood have won 14 premierships (St. Kilda 1), won more finals than any other club, won more games than any other club, etc, etc. They are a successful club, St. Kilda isn't as evidenced by the countless amount of wooden spoons they have won & the lack of premiership cups in their trophy cabinet.

I define educated or even mildly educated people as ones who can spell guess correctly.:thumbsu: You're a battler.

Yet have a losing record against St.Kilda in finals. What a club!

Yet have a losing record against St.Kilda in finals. What a club!

Melbourne have a winning record against Carlton in finals, on that solitary basis, do you define Melbourne as being more successful than Carlton? At the end of the day success is measured by premierships, St. Kilda have 1, the last being 44 years ago, Collingwood have 14.

/thread.

Luke was being diplomatic. He would be in there no worries based on his footballl ability, but Ross Lyon doesn't pick the side based on that, look at the GF last year. Ball was close to your best player and he played only 46% game time.

Diplomatic is leaving for more money is it?

That's an interesting way to describe it.

You Collingwood clowns just don't get it. There's more to football than clearances. Luke is very good in this area but is a BELOW AVERAGE footballer in terms of his disposal. Hence if there's no clearances occurring, Luke's value is minimal.

Melbourne have a winning record against Carlton in finals, on that solitary basis, do you define Melbourne as being more successful than Carlton? At the end of the day success is measured by premierships, St. Kilda have 1, the last being 44 years ago, Collingwood have 14.

/thread.

I don't DEFINE it by that at all, but it's an interesting point given you claim how mighty your club is. Keep holding onto those 14 premierships for all you can. I'm sure you witnessed every single one of them didn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jolly signed for 4 years....LULZ.
Jolly is the new Troy Simmonds.
Back up ruckmen not wanted by Melbourne.
Played a few years interstate.
Came back to Victoria and were signed up on long term contracts.
Found out to be spuds after signing said contracts.

I don't DEFINE it by that at all

You don't b/c you follow the AFL's most unsuccessful club. Your KPI's are low, success for you is making finals, not winning the wooden spoon.

Most reasonable people who are in touch with reality define success by premierships. You have 1, we have 14.

I'm sure you witnessed every single one of them didn't you?

I've been to more Collingwood Grand Finals where they have won the premiership than you. My GGF also captained 4 of them, so yes, I'm quite in tune with our flags.

You haven't seen St. Kilda win a flag. You have also been alive at least 10 years where St. Kilda have won the Wooden Spoon. You fail at following a successful club.:thumbsu: It's no wonder you have an American team to follow b/c the Saints fail to deliver you the 1 thing you yearn in life, to see "your" club win a title.

You don't b/c you follow the AFL's most unsuccessful club. Success for you is making finals, not winning the wooden spoon.

Most reasonable people who are in touch with reality define success by premierships. You have 1, we have 14.

I've been to more Collingwood Grand Finals where they have won the premiership than you. My GGF also captained 4 of them, so yes, I'm quite in tune with our flags.

You haven't seen St. Kilda win a flag. You have also been alive at least 10 years where St. Kilda have won the Wooden Spoon. You fail at following a successful club.:thumbsu:

My side has ended your side's season the last 2 years. Go and run that by your GGF son.

My side has ended your side's season the last 2 years. .

& you have exactly 0 flags to show for it. It means absolutely nothing & you know it. I'm sure you left the GF, if you even went, saying ah well, we lost the GF but it was a successful year b/c we ended Collingwood's season. I thought Geelong ended our season, but hey, let's try not to talk reality.

Get out that black & white DVD of your last flag, or even better, pull out the Streak.

& you have exactly 0 flags to show for it. It means absolutely nothing.

Things that occur in my lifetime mean more than things that didn't, like 13 of our 14 flags.

Well done your 1990 effort though.

Things that occur in my lifetime mean more than things that didn't, like 13 of our 14 flags.

So St. Kilda have yet to win a flag going by this theory & the wooden spoons you won in the 80's have more relevance than 1966. You fail at life & at following successful sporting clubs.

You have admitted seeing your club win wooden spoons in your life has more meaning than your club's solitary flag. Self ownage of the highest order.

So St. Kilda have yet to win a flag going by this theory & the wooden spoons you won in the 80's have more relevance than 1966. You fail at life & at following successful sporting clubs.

You have admitted seeing your club win wooden spoons in your life has more meaning than your club's solitary flag. Self ownage of the highest order.

Oh dear. So by this outstanding logic, anyone who is a supporter of the Dogs, Freo, St.Kilda, Melbourne and until recently Geelong fail at life because they were born in the 1980's and decided for whatever reason to follow these teams.

Self ownage? Better check the dictionary. I'd call it reality. By your logic if you were born this year you'd be a Geelong supporter.

What is even more humourous is that you value this as some sort of status, that being a Collingwood supporter places you on a higher rung of society's ladder.

Your clubs' 13 other flags has no bearing on current football experiences. Just like St.Kilda's 1966 flag.

A reasonable supporter would see this. You seem unable to.

Their booing of Luke Ball was pretty classless.

As against the Pie fans all cheering Roo getting injured?

Some Saints booed Ball for his first few possession and ironical cheerws at his misses on goal. But that was about it. Hardly surprising since he walked out on the Club.

The OP is really all about "sourgrapes" of the Pies becoming St Kilda's bitch in recent years and that realisation after false first game promise that 2010 will not be their year.

If the Pies lose to the undermanned Hawks this week just watch the Pie Hordes wanting Mick "Churchill" Malthouse sacked.

Oh dear. So by this outstanding logic, anyone who is a supporter of the Dogs, Freo, St.Kilda, Melbourne and until recently Geelong fail at life because they were born in the 1980's and decided for whatever reason to follow these teams.

Melbourne have won 12 flags. I class them as a successful football club.
Geelong have won 9 flags, again, I class them as a semi successful football club.

Footscray, Fremantle & St Kilda aren't successful football clubs, infact, they are the 3 worst performed clubs in the history of the AFL. Their own supporters, who aren't living in delusion, agree with this.

Self ownage? Better check the dictionary.

I doubt self ownage would be in the dictionary.

You said...

Things that occur in my lifetime mean more than things that didn't

Given you weren't alive in 1966 & you were alive in the 80's, a period where St. Kilda won countless amounts of wooden spoons, these have more meaning to you. That is self ownage.:thumbsu:

What is even more humourous is that you value this as some sort of status, that being a Collingwood supporter places you on a higher rung of society's ladder.

I think you're showing a classic case of inferiorty complex & that isn't surprising considering you follow St. Kilda. I don't see it as a "status symbol" at all. All I'm pointing out is that Collingwood are a successful football club, yours isn't.

How you wish to deduce that reflects poorly on you.

Hahaha

Gotta love Collingwood supporters still talking about 1990 like it was yesterday.
The best thing about Collingwood is they have a generally 'good' team but that's about it. I get so excited every september cause i know i get to see collingwood choke in the finals after another good season in the H & A.

Its gonna be at least another 32 years of pain. Haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reasonable St Kilda supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back