List Mgmt. Rebuild or refresh?

Rebuild or refresh?

• Rebuild

Votes: 71 35.1%
  • Refresh

Votes: 131 64.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Blair and the list management team have played this beautifully with Tarantino & Whopper trades
They have seen exactly where our biggest needs are to both remain in the window and provide support to the next line of players coming into the club

Im sure they have their eye on a couple of KPF in the drafft they would like at our picks and also be doing work on a KPF as a free agent to compliment the team for the next 5-7 years

With Hopper and Taranto on the way, I thought I'd have a go at building a best 22 of players under 26:

B: Gibcus Balta Nyuon
HB: D.Rioli Stack Baker
C: Banks Taranto Ralphsmith
HF: M.Rioli Bolton Short
F: Bauer Ryan Cumberland
R: Soldo Hopper Sonsie
IC: Mansell Ross Graham Miller
SUB: Clarke

It's a bit light on for key forwards, but that is a bloody good side full of stars and kids with a lot of potential.
It's really light on for games experience. About 10 to a dozen players are not regulars which means we will only find out if they can be good enough in years to come. If you said this was the core of our side in 2 years time i would say it's a good chance 6 of them won't be there for various reasons.

Blair and the list management team have played this beautifully with Tarantino & Whopper trades
They have seen exactly where our biggest needs are to both remain in the window and provide support to the next line of players coming into the club

Im sure they have their eye on a couple of KPF in the drafft they would like at our picks and also be doing work on a KPF as a free agent to compliment the team for the next 5-7 years

I am sure they are not looking at KPP because thats not our biggest problem. Our problem is quality defenders.

We are giving up too big a score

2017 showed our issue is not KPF.

Gibcus will be better than any later KPP draftees anyway and blind freddy can see that.

We do not need any ruck and we have plenty of small forwards already!!!

I am sure they are not looking at KPP because thats not our biggest problem. Our problem is quality defenders.

We are giving up to big a score

2017 showed our issue is not KPF.

Gibcus will be better than any later KPP draftees anyway and blind freddy can see that
Our problem is not our defenders and thats actually a part of the ground hat we were strong at and its the inability to win center ball and clearances that was our main problem. When the ball is just coming into the backline 3 seconds after a ball up or a throw in its hard for defenders to man up constantly

We also didnt get continuity from the start with our backs with injuries to Balta ,Grimes and tarrant taking 6-7 weeks to adapt
you cant expect the defenders to constantly negate the opposition fowards when the ball is coming in with no pressure

Our problem is not our defenders and thats actually a part of the ground hat we were strong at and its the inability to win center ball and clearances that was our main problem. When the ball is just coming into the backline 3 seconds after a ball up or a throw in its hard for defenders to man up constantly

We also didnt get continuity from the start with our backs with injuries to Balta ,Grimes and tarrant taking 6-7 weeks to adapt
you cant expect the defenders to constantly negate the opposition fowards when the ball is coming in with no pressure

With comments like this it is no wonder people suspect you are not a Richmond supporter but on the AFL HQ payroll.

RFC defence gave up more than 100 points this year or close to.

Simply not good enough. Not only that a number of our defenders are getting on a bit.

Posters like to throw JR under the bus because of his age. At least JR is still performing his role and kicking goals in a forward line that is among the best in the league unlike our defence which gives up more scores than it should

With comments like this it is no wonder people suspect you are not a Richmond supporter but on the AFL HQ payroll.

Simply not good enough. Not only that a number of our defenders are getting on a bit.

Posters like to throw JR under the bus because of his age. At least JR is still performing his role and kicking goals in a forward line that is among the best in the league unlike our defence which gives up more scores than it should
Yeah Nah

Your Wrong AGAIN

As above, it's a bit much expecting our back 6 to hold up when the ball is going from our F50 to D50 with no pressure whatsoever. This is the cause of the problem not our back 6, those guys did well considering.

As above, it's a bit much expecting our back 6 to hold up when the ball is going from our F50 to D50 with no pressure whatsoever. This is the cause of the problem not our back 6, those guys did well considering.

I think some posters on here are obsessed with positional play.

We throw away players because they are not tried in different roles.

It is a team game. The objective is for team cohesion to defend the lowest score and kick the highest score not for individual players to be excellent in specific positions.

Our backline has some quality but it can be improved. Our star backman Alex Rance has not played for a number of years. despite Grimes and others implementing what they do admirably.

I think some need to deal with the fact Banks and Brown could go past a few next year not to mention others. Banks could surprise and provide quite high level impact in the middle to. Why hold them back?

Look the fact is some of our backline is aging and our combination can be better against different matchups. One would want to think they can improve because giving up 100 points a game is not going to cut it.

Other need to deal with the fact there is no reason why we are not contending in six years time!!! In that regard we need to find the best way to support our youth develop to enable our contention for years to come despite father times catching up with others

It is a team game. The objective is for team cohesion to defend the lowest score and kick the highest score not for individual players to be excellent in specific positions.

Our backline has some quality but it can be improved. Our star backman Alex Rance has not played for a number of years. despite Grimes and others implementing what they do admirably.

I think some need to deal with the fact Banks and Brown could go past a few next year not to mention others. Banks could surprise and provide quite high level impact in the middle to. Why hold them back?

Look the fact is some of our backline is aging and our combination can be better against different matchups. One would want to think they can improve because giving up 100 points a game is not going to cut it.

Other need to deal with the fact there is no reason why we are not contending in six years time!!! In that regard we need to find the best way to support our youth develop to enable our contention for years to come despite father times catching up with others
images

You know in my teams, Baker and Short would not get a game in my defence. They are not good enough as defenders.

I my teams, my defenders have to defend first and have that ticked off against a number of situations before worrying about attacking from defence.

I am not a tall guy either and I played as a defender at times. Unaccountable guys in my defence do not get a run. Caleb Daniel does not get a run in my defence either if I was coach I do not care how well he may use the ball running out of defence!!

Baker and Short could get a game further up the field possibly especially Baker as a small forward but in defence they do not make my squad, they leak too many goals from opponents that are better aerially and have more ex-factor and they can't put enough pressure on them for me

You know in my teams, Baker and Short would not get a game in my defence. They are not good enough as defenders.

I my teams, my defenders have to defend first and have that ticked off against a number of situations before worrying about attacking from defence.

I am not a tall guy either and I played as a defender at times. Unaccountable guys in my defence do not get a run. Caleb Daniel does not get a run in my defence either if I was coach I do not care how well he may use the ball running out of defence!!

Baker and Short could get a game further up the field possibly especially Baker as a small forward but in defence they do not make my squad, they leak too many goals from opponents that are better aerially and have more ex-factor and they can't put enough pressure on them for me
You are a Joke mate !!

Best & Fairest in a premiership winning year is about the biggest accolade a player can get from his club in acknowledgment
Jayden Short in 2020 was the best & fairest with Liam Baker in 6th spot even ahead of Dylan Grimes.
You have NFI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a Joke mate !!

Best & Fairest in a premiership winning year is about the biggest accolade a player can get from his club in acknowledgment
Jayden Short in 2020 was the best & fairest with Liam Baker in 6th spot even ahead of Dylan Grimes.
You have NFI

Yeah I agree they are guns. But still salty Short won in 2020 over Dusty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You are a Joke mate !!

You have NFI
Here is the Brownlow votes for that year, are independent voice in terms of club politics. Not suggesting anything but just data.

Short and Baker had three and Dusty had five and Bolton nine suggesting at least Short is not the same match winner.

Short did this in 2020, is he a flat track bully relying on other to do the heavy lofting as part of a system.

I am not having a crack at Short, he applied himself well that year but he was not best and fairest for mine.

In my books a running half back is not in the equation unless for defensive efforts as well. I probably would have rated Grimes higher in the year than Short based on defensive prowess forgetting about others.

To me it highlights how well our other defenders played that year in 2020!!!

If I am a player I would rather someone say I am valued because my opponent did nothing, or I kicked 5 goals and took 12 marks etc.. or six assists than some obscure best and fairest award

Last edited:
You are a Joke mate !!

You have NFI

Reckon the best backline contains some of;

Vlastuin.
Grimes.
Rioli.
Broad.

Balta?
Tarrant?
Gibcus?

Short and baker are good players but it's not that far fetched one misses out.

As magic and co. Say - need to have a look at some young players before delisting them too.

Best and fairest rankings can be a bit suss occasionally.

Mate all the rest of us here know that what you prefer is 999/1000 times the exact opposite of what is best. In your system you have lock down defenders with no drive out of the backline. Interestingly enough you discount players who made our backline formidable in 19 and 20.

Your world view is so divorced from reality you should add some dragons or magic into it instead of believing we are all "plants" from [insert sinister organisation]. I used to think you were a troll but you clearly lack the intelligence and talent.

Here is the Brownlow votes for that year, are independent voice in terms of club politics. Not suggesting anything but just data.

Short and Baker had three and Dusty had five and Bolton nine suggesting at least Short is not the same match winner.

Short did this in 2020, is he a flat track bully relying on other to do the heavy lofting as part of a system.

I am not having a crack at Short, he applied himself well that year but he was not best and fairest for mine.

In my books a running half back is not in the equation unless for defensive efforts as well. I probably would have rated Grimes higher in the year than Short based on defensive prowess forgetting about others.

To me it highlights how well our other defenders played that year in 2020!!!

If I am a player I would rather someone say I am valued because my opponent did nothing, or I kicked 5 goals and took 12 marks etc.. or six assists than some obscure best and fairest award
Stop drinking

Brownlow votes have nothing to do with a players ability to defend or his value to a team , Its an individual award thats based on midfielders and their ability to collect possessions.

You are changing the narrative now from Short / Bakers defence to which player was the best in the richmond team and i put up the B & F based on what our coaches believed and the year they both had. 2022 defence is not just about negating your opposition but also your ability to attack from defence.

Lets see where we go next with your delusional response

Getting Rutten in will sort out our defensive structure, which was our main issue with conceding high scores. We found 6 players this yr who are only going to get better from next yr. If more incl Brown & Banks can step up next yr that's brilliant for us going fwd. If they can we can contend from next yr & for many yrs to come with our youth coming through.

As a matter of interest, who plays at half back in your team?

The best mixture of defenders in the comp would still give up 100 points if there's 0 pressure from the midfield.

Did Magic read Konrad Marshall's book, or even listen to anything Dimma or the defenders say? The key is forcing dirty ball entries inside the forward 50 - that is, your midfield is pressuring and the best the oppo can do is hack the ball in. When they're strolling out of the midfield with options galore, the backline will get carved up because they are reactive, not proactive unlike forwards. That is why the acquisition of Taranto and Hopper is huge, now we can actually pressure oppo mids and let our backline do their thing.

Stop drinking

Brownlow votes have nothing to do with a players ability to defend or his value to a team , Its an individual award thats based on midfielders and their ability to collect possessions.

You are changing the narrative now from Short / Bakers defence to which player was the best in the richmond team and i put up the B & F based on what our coaches believed and the year they both had. 2022 defence is not just about negating your opposition but also your ability to attack from defence.

Lets see where we go next with your delusional response

Don’t say that, I’ve been giving cats supporters shit for Cotchin getting more Brownlow votes than Selwood in 2022. 🤣

But yeah I agree. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back