Recruitment and Preseason 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockin Ronnie - good stuff - your posts are better than some of the other crap we are reading. Any news on first divi recruits - Robbie Ahmat at Warby - what type of condition is he is - howd he go last yr? Also on another note I heard last week that Shippy at Gembrook has had a nasty fall - hope he is okay. Any one from gembrook able to confirm?

Your mail is correct. Shippy forgot to put on his Superman outfit and tried to fly off a roof. He's ok though and will be playing.:thumbsu:

J6shSC;2017909[B said:
5]What about Caillan Porter for Emerald[/B]?

Any truth to the rumour that Nathan O'Keefe has gone to Lilydale? If so, why? Coming off an AFL list surely he'd get a gig in a VFL squad.

Porter: only captain of lilydale's team of the decade, no biggie, hard to see him having an impact...

Rockin Ronnie - good stuff - your posts are better than some of the other crap we are reading. Any news on first divi recruits - Robbie Ahmat at Warby - what type of condition is he is - howd he go last yr? Also on another note I heard last week that Shippy at Gembrook has had a nasty fall - hope he is okay. Any one from gembrook able to confirm?

Robbie Ahmat has been playing in Darwin over the summer. Looking in real good nick at the moment.

Kane "nugget" shore - cousin of the lovely shore boys at lilydale. Spent the last 5 years at Croydon. Will be a very good senior player at Seville and a royal pain in the arse for opposition players. Great value off the field too.

Eckers- blue boy enlighten us on this east ringwood recruit

Any significant others?

Eckers is a gun. I watched a couple of East Ringwood games last year and he was in their best players both times. Short, stocky midfielder but also reasonably quick. Was well regarded in 1st divy EFL. Will take the best tag each week.

Shore is a good pickup for them. A lot of smaller bodied players at seville that have been exposed in finals the last couple of years, shore will give them a lot in and under the packs. (similar player to his old man Mic, if anyone ever saw him play. But probably only 1/5 as crazy.)

Emerald didnt have the best year last year but they have a lot of young guys and run the ball really well. Half a dozen quality players into last years team and they could mix it with the top sides. Porter will be the best pickup for any 2nd divy team this year i would think, anyone who has played with him will tell you how much of a freak he is.

What about Caillan Porter for Emerald?

Any truth to the rumour that Nathan O'Keefe has gone to Lilydale? If so, why? Coming off an AFL list surely he'd get a gig in a VFL squad.

Lilydale got O'Keffe. Probably the highest bidder. Showed promise at North I have no idea why they would delist him.

Lilydale got O'Keffe. Probably the highest bidder. Showed promise at North I have no idea why they would delist him.
Thought the same thing, had a bit of promise in the games he played last year for North. Had a bit of the yips but you can't fault the guy for that.

So which recruit is the best pick up in division 2? Emerald have some handy ones obviously, Seville have apparently picked up a few guns as have Yarra Junction.

Any details as to how serious Smith from MtEvs knee is? Has been said he will miss up to 9 weeks. See Ahmat has been denied also, doesnt look like smooth sailing up the road.

Off-field issues if you believe some of the rumours that were posted on the North board at the end of last year. Attitude cant be that great if he's given up and gone back to a suburban league already.

Thought the same thing, had a bit of promise in the games he played last year for North. Had a bit of the yips but you can't fault the guy for that.

Tall and athletic, you would think he would have had a few more years to prove himself, or been picked up by someone else. I heard on SEN towards the end of the year that he had been resigned for 2 years and then a month or so later he was delisted.

Off-field issues if you believe some of the rumours that were posted on the North board at the end of last year. Attitude cant be that great if he's given up and gone back to a suburban league already.

Not all guys are cut out for the big time i suppose. Probably a local football star in the making.

Buzza is it? yeah l think is off field issues def the problem. Think he is at Lilydale as his girlfriends brothers are there as well.
Time will tell if he has the attitude to one day have another crack at the bigtime.

Buzz, Wandin must be disapointed to lose Tom Goodwin. Really came on last year in the ruck. Also one of the new recruits has already done a season ending injury which is horrible luck for him and the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzz, Wandin must be disapointed to lose Tom Goodwin. Really came on last year in the ruck. Also one of the new recruits has already done a season ending injury which is horrible luck for him and the club.

who has done the injury - club would be spewin if they paid a sign on fee!

any news on the yarra glen front?

Who are ya - the boys are keen - good numbers on track - impressive times in time trials etc - recruits look good. Only problem the ground has copped a heap of water and we have trained elsewhere for the last two weeks. If we train at Dixons Creek one more time we may have to change our name to the Yarra Glen Dixons Creek Turf Farm Pipe Line River Pigs!

Junction have listed a few clearances this morning. Anyone know anything about those players? (apart from Dan ryan whos been mentioned 20 times already)
Gerald and Alex Healey, Tim Gray & Maxwell Croaker?

Junction have listed a few clearances this morning. Anyone know anything about those players? (apart from Dan ryan whos been mentioned 20 times already)
Gerald and Alex Healey, Tim Gray & Maxwell Croaker?

I am keeping a little eye on the eagles as well. They were close to the mark last year and i will be interested to see if they can back it up. I had a look on gembrooks web site for last years results and Gray played 1 Senior game and 12 Reserves games last year. Was in the best players in the Reserves 4 times. Croaker played 0 senior games and 16 reserve games. In the best players once. I have seen Gerard Healey play many years ago and from memory was very athletic and has a huge leap. Will prob play down back and will be very handy. Dont know much about Alex Healey other than i think it could be Gerards younger brother.

Danny Ryan Great pick up for Junction as previously mentioned however the other guys they have listed wont have a huge impact. Ive been told they havent picked up that many and have lost a few so they will probably be on par with last year (Still good enough to win it).

Another good one on the transfer list for the potato chip with Scott Reece from Coldstream. Was probably their most improved player last year, skinny as a rake wingman with good pace and silky skills.

Danny Ryan Great pick up for Junction as previously mentioned however the other guys they have listed wont have a huge impact. Ive been told they havent picked up that many and have lost a few so they will probably be on par with last year (Still good enough to win it).

Another good one on the transfer list for the potato chip with Scott Reece from Coldstream. Was probably their most improved player last year, skinny as a rake wingman with good pace and silky skills.

Who's left junction? Danny Ryan will be excellent for them, from what i saw of him playing at chirny. needs to get fit though.

Any news on Gembrooks full forward last year Clark? Apparently wont be returning.

Theres a bit of unrest down at the Bulldogs with the coaches mate already jumping ship??? Also a bit more to Tom Goodwin leaving Wandin than just try to improve down the line. Any truth?

Seen Ahmat at Warby has been knocked back and hasnt reaplied. Is that it for him? What about Paul White I was waiting for a known name with all the hype about a SA player. Does anyone know anything about a Paul White?

Also seems Powelltown are attacking another teams seconds for senior footballers this year. Powelly have lost there 2010 B+F to Collingwoods VFL side.

Risely Allan Bonuda all look set to be playing at a higher level this year.

Max Croaker is a quality bloke and great clubman.
Has played Senior/Reserve footy at Gembrook for over 10 years.
Was a member of the Brookers 2000 Reserves Premiership side first year out of under 18’s.
He will be a great acquisition to Junction as he is a very sound player with a fantastic attitude and will to succeed.

Also seems Powelltown are attacking another teams seconds for senior footballers this year. Powelly have lost there 2010 B+F to Collingwoods VFL side.

Heard the same thing about them losing their best player. Have picked up a few guys that will replace him though and was told by a seinor Powelly player on the weekend that they will be about on par with last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruitment and Preseason 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back