Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sacked for sure. Same thing happened to Sorrell
Without knowing any of his personal circumstances, it wouldn't be surprising if the Hughes death had a personal effect on him that would lead to the need for personal leave (particularly after his proximity to Hookes).

Tom Rehn reported that Travis Head is set to take over as captain. Didn't see the news report but I assume at the end of the season meaning Botha is done?

I think even Botha himself has said that this season is likely his last. Heard Nielsen mention on the radio the other day that Botha as captain for the remaining matches this season will be reviewed and with the lack of candidates i'm not surprised Head has been given it. Interesting though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'm thrilled. Probably because I'm a massive fan of Trav. But surely a bit too young? You have Cooper, Ferguson and Even Ludeman who all appear to have leadership qualities. I have no doubt Head would have been captain at some point but now?

SACA should look at Cameron White and what he could have been before giving Head captaincy.

My exact thinking, the guy just turned 22 :eek:. I mean I would've stuck with Botha until the end of the season then re-assessed. Don't think I would go down the path of recruiting someone from the outside to captain again, but there are no clear options there now.

My exact thinking, the guy just turned 22 :eek:. I mean I would've stuck with Botha until the end of the season then re-assessed. Don't think I would go down the path of recruiting someone from the outside to captain again, but there are no clear options there now.
I think they need to look outside again for a few years. Or recruit Rob Quiney to be the captain, or something like that.

I think they need to look outside again for a few years. Or recruit Rob Quiney to be the captain, or something like that.

Can't see that happening with Berry not there, not to mention he has had some seriously poor captaincy showings in the past. I don't know why but Ben Rohrer springs to mind, but his best Cricket seems to be behind him.

And finally, Stuart Law the following day. Hopefully I now have some believers. Thank you for your time
So indefinite leave for personal reasons means sacked nowadays? I'm by far the sharpest tool in the shed but I believe that indefinite leave means that he nor the organisation knows when he will be back. I'm not sure how that is sacked??

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back