Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

On form then yeah Botha has to go, but we really need his captaincy more than anything. And he didn't even get a bat in the match so can't say it's through lack of runs. Mennie and Putland hardly seemed to bowl this game anyway so dropping one of them could be on the cards.

I shall predict the side:
1. Phil Hughes
2. Mark Cosgrove
3. Callum Ferguson
4. Tom Cooper
5. Travis Head
6. Andrew McDonald
7. Johan Botha
8. Tim Ludeman
9. Adam Zampa
10. Chadd Sayers
11. Shaun Tait- there I said it. Saw him in the AO nets today, albeit didn't see him bowl but it looked like he had just finished.

On form then yeah Botha has to go, but we really need his captaincy more than anything. And he didn't even get a bat in the match so can't say it's through lack of runs. Mennie and Putland hardly seemed to bowl this game anyway so dropping one of them could be on the cards.

I shall predict the side:
1. Phil Hughes
2. Mark Cosgrove
3. Callum Ferguson
4. Tom Cooper
5. Travis Head
6. Andrew McDonald
7. Johan Botha
8. Tim Ludeman
9. Adam Zampa
10. Chadd Sayers
11. Shaun Tait- there I said it. Saw him in the AO nets today, albeit didn't see him bowl but it looked like he had just finished.
Didn't Tait retire from FC cricket? Can't see him ever being picked again anyway.

I heard that he was coming back and the Redbacks wanted to pick him specifically on the Adelaide Oval road.
Would he really be picked ahead of Sayers, Putland and Mennie though?

Can see it happening, Mennie didn't look at all threatening neither did Putland. Putland more likely to retain his spot though.
The thing that concerns me though is his output. How many overs will we be likely to get out of him?

Andrew McDonald moving into coaching taking the full time role at Leicestershire. I really can't believe that Victoria were willing to move on such a highly regarded leader and experienced cricketer. Impressive that he's adapted to the openers role in first class cricket with such aplomb - has had some success in doing so in the shorter formats over in England, but to make the change in red ball cricket at this stage of his career speaks volumes.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2015/content/current/story/795971.html

Andrew McDonald moving into coaching taking the full time role at Leicestershire. I really can't believe that Victoria were willing to move on such a highly regarded leader and experienced cricketer. Impressive that he's adapted to the openers role in first class cricket with such aplomb - has had some success in doing so in the shorter formats over in England, but to make the change in red ball cricket at this stage of his career speaks volumes.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2015/content/current/story/795971.html
Can he still play with us in the future?

Oh, we're still pissed about it

Would he really be picked ahead of Sayers, Putland and Mennie though?

It's worth a try. Let's face it, our pace attack is pretty much Chadd and that's it. Keep Putland because he's a lefty and drop Mennie. That gives us Sayers, Tait, Putland, Botha, Zampa. McDonald's a bonus if he ever bowls again.

Two tight economy bowlers, an X Factor paceman, an offie and a leggie. That's a fair mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CV are full of people who believe in their own publicity and blow smoke up each others backsides.

Andrew McDonald way to smart to stay in such a toxic environment. Outstanding player and person - on and off the pitch, astute appointment by Leicestershire who have been rudderless for years. Highly rated by yours truly - a cricketer first and foremost.

I would personally like McDonald to hang around and captain the side next year, but doesn't look likely if he's head coach of a county side.
Is this definitely Botha's last season with us?

Wouldn't rule out Mennie getting dropped though. Who opens with Sayers? Worrall's swing could be handy.

I don't know enough about Valente as a bowler to say, I would be quite surprised if Mennie isn't chosen over both of Valente and Worrall. I think Mennie should be given a chance with the new ball to see what he can do with it but Worrall will get it if he plays.

I don't know enough about Valente as a bowler to say, I would be quite surprised if Mennie isn't chosen over both of Valente and Worrall. I think Mennie should be given a chance with the new ball to see what he can do with it but Worrall will get it if he plays.

Will also be interesting to see what happens with Putland. Obviously talented but clearly his body can't cope with playing professionally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back