Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Head out, Ferguson in I reckon.

Zampa for Pope...? Would be rough on a kid after a 7 for.

Agree with the sentiments above - no real role for Valente at the moment. We have our line and length bowlers who can deliver long spells (Sayers and Mennie) so there's really no need for him.

May as well play Winter. Valente's batting is better than the tail no doubt but not that much better.

Head out, Ferguson in I reckon.

Zampa for Pope...? Would be rough on a kid after a 7 for.

Agree with the sentiments above - no real role for Valente at the moment. We have our line and length bowlers who can deliver long spells (Sayers and Mennie) so there's really no need for him.

May as well play Winter. Valente's batting is better than the tail no doubt but not that much better.
Richo and Mennie are decent enough bats.

This Weeks Team IMO:
1. Weatherald
2. McInerney
3. Ferguson
4. Lehmann
5. Cooper
6. Nielsen
7. Mennie
8. Richardson
9. Sayers
10. Winter
11. Pope

Best XI
1. Weatherald
2. McInerney
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Lehmann
6. Carey
7. Mennie
8. Richardson
9. Sayers
10. Winter
11. Pope

I'm not really a fan of Valente or Cooper so any chance to replace them I would take. Also not to keen on McInerney but he is the best man for the job atm so he stays. Pope is better than Zampa in the long form I reckon, and does anyone know what has happened to Worrall?

Next Shield game for the 'Backs starts Friday vs WA at Adelaide Oval. What to do with the team?

If you're winning it's easy - keep it the same. If you're losing it's easy - change it up. Drawing matches though... which way will we go?

Head is back in. Carey and Zampa still away with the Aussie T20 team. Heard a whisper that Sayers is injured?

I'd go with:
Weatherald
McInerney
Ferguson
Head
Lehmann
Cooper
Nielsen
Mennie
Winter
Worrall (if Sayers is injured)
Pope

No Valente or Richardson. Six batters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be pretty straight forward who our pace bowling options are:

Winter 7 matches, 40 wickets at 22.2

Sayers 64 matches, 259 wickets at 24.8

Mennie 68 matches, 258 wickets at 25.8

Worrall 39 matches, 152 wickets at 28.8

Ahead of these:

Richardson 31 matches, 98 wickets at 32.6

Valente 8 matches, 14 wickets at 44.6

Next Shield game for the 'Backs starts Friday vs WA at Adelaide Oval. What to do with the team?

If you're winning it's easy - keep it the same. If you're losing it's easy - change it up. Drawing matches though... which way will we go?

Head is back in. Carey and Zampa still away with the Aussie T20 team. Heard a whisper that Sayers is injured?

I'd go with:
Weatherald
McInerney
Ferguson
Head
Lehmann
Cooper
Nielsen
Mennie
Winter
Worrall (if Sayers is injured)
Pope

No Valente or Richardson. Six batters.
We're salvaging draws, rather than weather denying us victories.

SA squad: Travis Head (c), Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Jake Lehmann, Conor McInerney, Joe Mennie, Harry Nielsen, Lloyd Pope, Kane Richardson, Jake Weatherald, Nick Winter, Daniel Worrall.

Sayers out with a 'long term' injury, no date given. Hopefully Worrall plays over Richardson. Need to win this one or else the season will quickly slip away.

Anyone know how Patrick Page is going in grade cricket and futures league....?
Was touted as a batting prodigy when he was first contracted, and had a pretty good year in first grade for the Gullies last year from what I read. Was hoping the selectors might find a place for him in the battinli eupif his formwas any good.

Anyone know how Patrick Page is going in grade cricket and futures league....?
Was touted as a batting prodigy when he was first contracted, and had a pretty good year in first grade for the Gullies last year from what I read. Was hoping the selectors might find a place for him in the battinli eupif his formwas any good.
Him, Kelvin Smith and Jake Winter need to be given more oppurtunity post BBL if we arent going to win the shield. At least promote talent that can play for Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back