Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooper was our best batsman last year. Would be a big call.

He copped s decent cherry in the 1st innings and perhaps the most bullshit decision I've ever seen in the 2nd.

Don't mind the thinking about Valente though. Plus it helps keep our quicks fit and fresh for a long season.

Perhaps Lehmann is the one under pressure? Or Head? :eek:

He still only averaged 38, not really setting the world on fire. That decision was perplexing, what was even more mind-boggling was that Tom Cooper just walked off. How exactly can you edge a full toss to first slip? Common sense says you can't.

Neither Lehmann or Head fill me with much confidence but they deserve a chance to turn it around. Both need to be told that they're playing 4 day cricket, they just need to play themselves in.

Cooper was our best batsman last year. Would be a big call.

He copped s decent cherry in the 1st innings and perhaps the most bullshit decision I've ever seen in the 2nd.

Don't mind the thinking about Valente though. Plus it helps keep our quicks fit and fresh for a long season.

Perhaps Lehmann is the one under pressure? Or Head? :eek:

If it's out of Lehman and Head then Lehman is the one to out. It's onlymone innings but geez he did not want to get anywhere near that one from Starc that knocked him over in the second dig

We have a really good group of young batsmen coming through. We have Kyle Brazzel, Josh Hoffman and Tom Kelly. We also have Llyod Pope coming along nicely. Wonder why not too many fast bowlers are coming though though??

Personally I think they don't pick enough raw, tall quicks in their squads. Right from the youngest age groups.

Winning carnivals you want accurate spinners and reliable, durable, accurate medium pacers.

Quicks who get bounce and spray them occasionally go for runs.

Young quicks are almost project players, like ruckman/key forwards at AFL level. Very speculative. Risky. Need more work.

That's the trouble - most of those middle order guys are similar. Having a run of outs at times with a few scores in between to keep their spot and their mid-30 average.

Not doing well enough to regularly impact games and push for higher honours, not missing out often enough to be dropped.

And all line-ball so there's no obvious candidate to be first out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Winter will play FC cricket sooner rather than later, possibly 2 games time if Dalton has another couple of low scores.
Dalton just got 70 odd vs Starc, Lyon and Cummins in his 3rd game. Would hope he's not teetering on the edge

Unchanged 12 for Perth. Surely Richardson comes in though? Zampa struggled on the MCG and you'd think it would be even worse in Perth.

Big game. We played well vs Vic but still no points to show for it. Need to get on the board.

Decent run chase for the Futures team today, knocked off 380 four wickets down. Hundreds to Smith and Ross. Didn't bowl them out in either innings so an outright win feels a bit strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back