Lehmann
Cooper
Valente
Nielson
Mennie
Sayers
Pope
Worrall

Ross will play I'd imagine, probably over Pope. Would be good to see Pope get a game but I don't think he will. Pretty weak side but will be good to see who stands up.

Ross will play I'd imagine, probably over Pope. Would be good to see Pope get a game but I don't think he will. Pretty weak side but will be good to see who stands up.
You should see ours.

Dalton
Weatherald
Lehmann (c)
Cooper
Smith
Ross
Nielsen (wk)
Mennie
Sayers
Worrall
Winter

Don't think we'll play a spinner. Just Cooper and Smith's part-time offies. Instead 4th pace bowler Winter, left arm quick to hopefully swing the Duke ball around.

Would've thought Tommy C would captain before Lehmann.

Is Ferg 100% out anyway?
Cooper would likely have been out of the team had Ferguson or Head been available. They won't make him captain IMO if he's on the verge of being dropped, even though he's the most experienced.

Yep Ferguson out.

Looks like it'll be

Dalton
Weatherald
Smith
Lehmann
Ross
Cooper
Nielsen
Mennie
Sayers
Worrall
Winter or Andrews

I wonder if the Redbacks would be a good new home for D'Arcy Short to get more experience in first class cricket.

Would replace Dalton as an opener and would be a handy 5th bowler.

I wonder if the Redbacks would be a good new home for D'Arcy Short to get more experience in first class cricket.

Would replace Dalton as an opener and would be a handy 5th bowler.

Short has resigned with Hobart for a further 2 seasons though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's for BBL isn't it?

It is but I doubt he will bother leaving Tasmania for a Shield spot- otherwise he’ just not resign with Hobart. He is likely to get opportunities in Tasmania in Shield cricket anyway

It is but I doubt he will bother leaving Tasmania for a Shield spot- otherwise he’ just not resign with Hobart. He is likely to get opportunities in Tasmania in Shield cricket anyway
Funny that, given that he’s contracted with WA.

Wut

I'm hearing that Ferguson will be fit for our next game. Still no Head, Zampa, Carey or Richardson.

Which batter makes way? Dalton has found it tough this season. Only two half centuries in 6 games. Time for a break? Kelvin Smith made a truckload of runs to force his way in but looked woeful in this game. I know it's tough early against the Duke ball but he looked extremely scratchy in both innings.

Ross got 49 in the second dig. Think he'd stay in the middle order and Ferguson would slot in at three, with either Dalton or Smith to make way.

We really missed not having a genuine spinner on Day 4. I'm not sure Cormack or Andrews are the answer though. Really hope that O'Connell or Pope (or both?) get a chance in the Futures League game next week. Need to fast-track them - within reason, can't throw them to the wolves - but our attack seems a bit one dimensional.

Can we go to the SCG with four quicks? Surely not. Winter was impressive. Sayers and Mennie lacked their usual penetration. Perhaps both Smith and Dalton will make way, Andrews plays as well as the four quicks. Nielsen at 6, Andrews at 7.

Weatherald
Cooper
Ferguson
Lehmann
Ross
Nielsen
Andrews
Mennie
Sayers
Worrall
Winter

With Fergie back do we persist with Cooper?

Dalton should probably be first to make way but Cooper didn't do a lot last game to show he's turned his form around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back