Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Then why did another poster write "seems like a good bloke" ?
Yeah this bloke...

O’Brien wins Adelaide Crows Foundation award​

The ruckman was recognised for his commitment to the Foundation’s Crows Care program

Adelaide ruckman Reilly O’Brien has been awarded the 2023 Adelaide Crows Foundation Community Leadership Award for his outstanding commitment to the Club’s community programs and initiatives.

The award was established by the Foundation in 2015 to acknowledge players’ exceptional contributions to the community and was awarded to O’Brien at the Crows’ Club Champion event on Saturday night.

This year, O’Brien has played a pivotal role in ensuring children in need and their families have an outstanding experience through the Foundation’s Crows Care program.

Crows Care is about providing uplifting experiences and support to children and youth who are having a difficult time through illness or other life events.

The 28-year-old always makes a significant effort when young fans visit the Club and has gone above and beyond to provide ongoing support for several families who have been part of Crows Care.

One example is the backing he has given young fan Ethan Charmings as he went through treatment for a rare form of bone cancer which also saw his leg amputated.

O’Brien was part of a group from the Club who visited Ethan and his family at their home to bring them some respite from the trauma of the diagnosis and treatment. Through the Foundation, Ethan and his family then enjoyed a special day at the Club, with the family given access to a corporate box at Adelaide Oval.

In the weeks that followed, Reilly went out of his way to provide extra experiences and care for the family, including tickets to matches, change room passes and ongoing mentoring.

He has displayed great enthusiasm for all of the Foundation’s programs, and attended the APY Lands in September during his off-season to assist with the delivery of Crows on Country which combines football and education to inspire student attendance and learning, particularly across STEM (science and maths) subjects.

O’Brien has also been appointed as an ambassador for the Open Parachute program which is aimed at improving child and youth mental health.

A partnership between the Adelaide Crows Foundation and The Sebastian Foundation – the charity of Guy and Jules Sebastian – was launched earlier this year to subsidise the Open Parachute program for thousands of South Australian students.

As part of this, Reilly was instrumental in encouraging players to take part in a training session led by program founder Dr Hayley Watson to assist players in their role attending classrooms to share their own personal experiences with overcoming challenges and building resilience.

Adelaide Crows Foundation Chair Kate Thiele presented O’Brien with the award and thanked him for his contributions.

“This year, Reilly’s passion to support people from all backgrounds and abilities has been evident,” Thiele said.

“He’s extremely deserving of this accolade and, on behalf of the Foundation, I’d like to congratulate him for his work which has made a real difference in the community.”

Reilly has also taken over Tom Doedee's role as Bedford Industries Ambassador but yeah I guess to some he's a sh1t bloke because he doesn't agree with their Political/Social views.

Last edited:

This talk about the cupboard being bare is ludicrous. Why is Strachan even on the list then? Just a break glass in case of injury?

Rob should be dropped. If Strachan is worse, then he can be dropped out again. Rob is under 0 selection pressure. Despite Strachan amassing a heap of disposals in our last SANFL game. He was one of our best on ground.

Try Strachan for a few weeks ffs. We have won 3 games from 10 matches. Rob would surely have the lowest win percentage of any ruck we've had. I don't think it's a coincidence. He is a net negative on our midfield.

If keeping shape is so important, I constantly see Rob get in other players way. In the game on the weekend a ball bounced off his back and led to a brisbane goal. It's so typical of his game. He's got the reverse midas touch. He always seems to be in these "unlucky" situations.

Yeah this bloke...

O’Brien wins Adelaide Crows Foundation award​

The ruckman was recognised for his commitment to the Foundation’s Crows Care program

Adelaide ruckman Reilly O’Brien has been awarded the 2023 Adelaide Crows Foundation Community Leadership Award for his outstanding commitment to the Club’s community programs and initiatives.

The award was established by the Foundation in 2015 to acknowledge players’ exceptional contributions to the community and was awarded to O’Brien at the Crows’ Club Champion event on Saturday night.

This year, O’Brien has played a pivotal role in ensuring children in need and their families have an outstanding experience through the Foundation’s Crows Care program.

Crows Care is about providing uplifting experiences and support to children and youth who are having a difficult time through illness or other life events.

The 28-year-old always makes a significant effort when young fans visit the Club and has gone above and beyond to provide ongoing support for several families who have been part of Crows Care.

One example is the backing he has given young fan Ethan Charmings as he went through treatment for a rare form of bone cancer which also saw his leg amputated.

O’Brien was part of a group from the Club who visited Ethan and his family at their home to bring them some respite from the trauma of the diagnosis and treatment. Through the Foundation, Ethan and his family then enjoyed a special day at the Club, with the family given access to a corporate box at Adelaide Oval.

In the weeks that followed, Reilly went out of his way to provide extra experiences and care for the family, including tickets to matches, change room passes and ongoing mentoring.

He has displayed great enthusiasm for all of the Foundation’s programs, and attended the APY Lands in September during his off-season to assist with the delivery of Crows on Country which combines football and education to inspire student attendance and learning, particularly across STEM (science and maths) subjects.

O’Brien has also been appointed as an ambassador for the Open Parachute program which is aimed at improving child and youth mental health.

A partnership between the Adelaide Crows Foundation and The Sebastian Foundation – the charity of Guy and Jules Sebastian – was launched earlier this year to subsidise the Open Parachute program for thousands of South Australian students.

As part of this, Reilly was instrumental in encouraging players to take part in a training session led by program founder Dr Hayley Watson to assist players in their role attending classrooms to share their own personal experiences with overcoming challenges and building resilience.

Adelaide Crows Foundation Chair Kate Thiele presented O’Brien with the award and thanked him for his contributions.

“This year, Reilly’s passion to support people from all backgrounds and abilities has been evident,” Thiele said.

“He’s extremely deserving of this accolade and, on behalf of the Foundation, I’d like to congratulate him for his work which has made a real difference in the community.”

Reilly has also taken over Tom Doedee's role as Bedford Industries Ambassador but yeah I guess to some he's a sh1t bloke because he doesn't agree with their Political/Social views.

I’d rather he was a campaigner who can football.

This talk about the cupboard being bare is ludicrous. Why is Strachan even on the list then? Just a break glass in case of injury?

Every year there's a ruck merry go round where clubs chase young guys not getting a run at their current club. Like we did with Sauce Jacobs. He goes to the top of the pile and everyone else shifts down a rung.

Now is the time to do that again.

Every year there's a ruck merry go round where clubs chase young guys not getting a run at their current club. Like we did with Sauce Jacobs. He goes to the top of the pile and everyone else shifts down a rung.

Now is the time to do that again.
I say again, how the hell did we not try and lure Grundy home? He was cheap in salary and picks and has transformed the ladder leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say again, how the hell did we not try and lure Grundy home? He was cheap in salary and picks and has transformed the ladder leaders.
Brodie Grundy has absolutely zero interest in playing under the spotlight that Adelaide (the city, not the club) would place him under. Both the Crows and Port were no chance at any stage.

who the heck is jordan peterson??

I'm annoyed I had to google him, from a very quick browse, he seems to be someone controversial that people choose to be offended by and directly correlate to how a player conducts himself within the four walls of a football club, which is very on brand for 2024.

He had no interest in coming to Adelaide the city and basically said as such when Port were trying to get him.

I'm annoyed I had to google him, from a very quick browse, he seems to be someone controversial that people choose to be offended by and directly correlate to how a player conducts himself within the four walls of a football club, which is very on brand for 2024.

There is a huge difference between 'being offended by' and acknowledging someone has tapped into the alt-right grift market, and thus just a gronk

From what I can tell he was mostly tame and logical until he started jumping onto the anti gay/trans/women podcast circuit

We're never going to be a contender while this bloke is on the field.

Can't kick. Can't run. Can't mark.

There's a reason why he's always looking to dish off to a player coming from behind. His kicking is a liability. And now his dropped marks are becoming a liability.

We must prioritize drafting a ruckman with our late picks or rookie picks. I wouldn't mind using the MSD for this.

Have to disagree

Drafting one? Maybe in the MSD if there is an experienced ruckman out there.

We really need to trade for one thats ready to go

I would love to hear Blights description of ROB’s performance on Saturday. One of the most ineffectual and detrimental games I have seen from a player.

Replacing him is the cheapest, simplest upgrade we can do for the whole squad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is a huge difference between 'being offended by' and acknowledging someone has tapped into the alt-right grift market, and thus just a gronk

From what I can tell he was mostly tame and logical until he started jumping onto the anti gay/trans/women podcast circuit

yawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Back