Remember when? (North supporters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A repository for things that are held as fact by opposition supporters and disputed by us, until inevitably our version of events is vindicated.

I'll kick off.

Remember when we were deluding ourselves that Ryan Bastinac would knock back the GWS dollars and more importantly, the chance to play with his good mate from the Stingrays Tom Scully?

Remember when someone had a massive sook that we didn't draft Isaac Smith and instead we drafted another slow plodder who can't kick called Shaun Atley.

I remember David King, a few years back, worried for the Nmfc in that 'if they lose today against the Dees, then it might be a very long time before North ever beat them again', Fearing our rag tag players were no match for the Dees arsenal of top draft picks. The tone in his voice suggested that a loss would mark the end of the club as we knew it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember David King, a few years back, worried for the Nmfc in that 'if they lose today against the Dees, then it might be a very long time before North ever beat them again', Fearing our rag tag players were no match for the Dees arsenal of top draft picks. The tone in his voice suggested that a loss would mark the end of the club as we knew it.

Ahhh yes, 2011. The week before Melbourne had belted a hapless Adelaide, the same game Trengove was suspended for slinging Dangerfield. We had gotten off to a shaky start that season and had conceded a few early in the match. "North don't have the talent...Melbourne are a more skilful team", along with plenty more bullshit in the first quarter or two. A caller after that match challenged him on his crap but he kept it up. King had the gall to complement Melbourne on all of their first round picks for ****s sake. He managed to drop "should have gone to the Gold Coast" into that broadcast a couple of times.

I really struggle with David King. On one hand he is a dual premiership player. On the other he was for the relocation (which I can tolerate to an extent), but then in the subsequent years continued to harp on about it rather than getting behind the club (which I cannot tolerate).

Ahhh yes, 2011. The week before Melbourne had belted a hapless Adelaide, the same game Trengove was suspended for slinging Dangerfield. We had gotten off to a shaky start that season and had conceded a few early in the match. "North don't have the talent...Melbourne are a more skilful team", along with plenty more bullshit in the first quarter or two. A caller after that match challenged him on his crap but he kept it up. King had the gall to complement Melbourne on all of their first round picks for ****s sake. He managed to drop "should have gone to the Gold Coast" into that broadcast a couple of times.

I really struggle with David King. On one hand he is a dual premiership player. On the other he was for the relocation (which I can tolerate to an extent), but then in the subsequent years continued to harp on about it rather than getting behind the club (which I cannot tolerate).
He's been better recently.

Remember when we relied too much on Petrie, Harvey and Rawlings and would certainly drop off once any of them retired?

Remember when we drafted this kid and the excitement train was at busting point?

288545ay.jpg

Remember the pre-season in 2011 (and again in 2012) when a few Dees supporters imagined they were in a position to condescend to 'poor old Norf', who could only dream of following a respected and successful club like Melbourne, which was set to rocket up the ladder?

The AFL, opposition teams and the media had us hunting for new digs in Gold Coast.

**** them....

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when? (North supporters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back