Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I've listened to him before and found that he errs on the side of Ken apologist/it's the list.

You just can't analyse without calling out Ken, no matter if his takes on the players are right. It would be like talking about Japan losing WW2 without mentioning the bombs.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
It’s everything IMO with Ken and Davies at the top of the on-field problems. There’s no doubt a Sam Mitchell or Chris Scott would have had a very different outcome with the players Ken has had over the past decade, but there are elements of our list build that are head-scratching. We lament the year-after-year desperate and belated attempts to find the new missing piece of the puzzle. Reality is we’ve done this for 10-12 years and every time a new, bigger missing piece has opened up. Very little forward planning across the needs of the whole list. The state of the personnel in our forward line is inexcusably bad although was building since before Gray’s retirement and Wingard’s departure. Now Scott probably could have gotten McEntee to play like Close, but all I know is that coach, manager, players, recruiters have all bloody failed.

There are pundits who will sincerely claim that a list that has finished 1st, 2x2nd and 3rd in the last five years, with All Australians on every line, is no good.

The same commentators who in the previous segment will have breathlessly praised Chris Scott for the preparation of his team and gameplan.

The AFL media is so deeply unserious.

Last edited:

You don't want to get Dean Brogan angry.

But I don't think the list is bad, it was some holes yes, but also has some serious top end talent.

But if the coach can't prepare that group to play in finals, there is a problem.

Watching other finals so far this year and only one team didn't come out fired up and fight out every contest from the start. And yet we know that team can do that.

The “poor list” takes also never take into account the chicken-egg factor of any improvement extracted from a superior coach taking over, as the presumption is that Kenny™ is already an unappreciated genius coaxing 200% performance out of a bunch of spuds — and that losing finals by decade-long record margins is our ‘true level’ 🤪

So after a 3 possession game where he contributed nothing he’s basically been guaranteed his spot

So I’d also expect mcentee to play as well..

Fitting I guess that in the coaches last game he continues his stubbornness in selection..

Good riddance to the lot of them

So after a 3 possession game where he contributed nothing he’s basically been guaranteed his spot

Fitting I guess that in the coaches last game he continues his stubbornness in selection..

This makes me think perhaps a call on Marshall's playing future has already been made.

Live by the sword ...

kill bill film GIF

The same Dean that was talking them up and getting ahead of himself about this team on Thursday before the game?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes. Peoples opinions change depending on their mood/emotions. The facts are that we have a decent list with most of our most talented players in the young categorary. Yes there are some issues that need to be addressed. But by far our main issue is a coach who is simply not up to it.

Media gone into overdrive to protect Ken and blame the fans.
Jars wouldnt hear a bad word about Ken at the start of the MMM show yesterday arvo before pointing out 4 baffling coaching decisions and admitting it was on Ken undrr sufference.

Then Dittmar on MMM this morning telling fans they have to turn up to the semi or dont go looking for Prelim tickets should we win.
Ok for Ditts to say, he probably gets an all expenses paid night.
The rest of us pay to 'show up' which 50k did Thursday night, it was our team that didnt 'show up'.
Well im sorry Ditts but until our team 'show up' in a home final I certainly wont be.
And there wont be too many looking for Prelim tickets as those of us who 'showed up' last time have been robbed of a home Prelim.

Jarman, Dittmar ... to quote Mr Spock, Ah the giants. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An aberration. Now I've really heard it all.
Lol been happening for 12 years like a finely tuned manufacturing process. Happens again like the sun coming up to represent another rotation of the earth and its like GOOD LORD WHAT IS THAT LIGHT! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

Media gone into overdrive to protect Ken and blame the fans.
Jars wouldnt hear a bad word about Ken at the start of the MMM show yesterday arvo before pointing out 4 baffling coaching decisions and admitting it was on Ken undrr sufference.

Then Dittmar on MMM this morning telling fans they have to turn up to the semi or dont go looking for Prelim tickets should we win.
Ok for Ditts to say, he probably gets an all expenses paid night.
The rest of us pay to 'show up' which 50k did Thursday night, it was our team that didnt 'show up'.
Well im sorry Ditts but until our team 'show up' in a home final I certainly wont be.
And there wont be too many looking for Prelim tickets as those of us who 'showed up' last time have been robbed of a home Prelim.
Dies Ditts even realise that an unlikely prelim wouldn't actually be at home?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You get what you deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back