Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the game on my iPad from my hotel room in NY

The room looks like a CSI NY scene with all sorts of bodily fluids after despair turned into sheet elation

I couldn't stop crying at the end and for those who have just watch the last few minutes again - set me right off

50 years I have waited for this moment and by hook or by crook I will be there amongst 3 generations of my Bulldog family

What Bevo has brought to this team is amazing - but the players themselves are hard as nails

The dream of the AFL/VFL double is well and truly alive boys and girls

See you all at the G!!

I burst into uncontrollable tears as soon as Dickson marked the ball. I'm still at a loss for words. Un-****ing-believable. I can't believe I'm going to a grand final next week to watch the Dogs play. Win or lose, that's something special. I still just can't get my head around it. So incredibly emotional.

Congrats to everybody, particularly those who have suffered through far more of the drought than I have. Can't begin to imagine what this means to you.

What a ****ing genius this man is. The best appointment bar none that the club has made during my lifetime of following our proud club.

The drinks are on me, Luke.

Lets all 'drink' this night in!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Heath Shaw was mentally unbalanced tonight. Anyone know what Libber said to get in his head?
And the finger pointing! Should have put more energy into covering Dickson instead of pitting his team mates. Contrast that with our team - 100% in it together. Champion team beats a team of dickheads who THINK they're champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Eagles supporter who lives in Footscray, the Bulldogs are my 'Melbourne team.' They're such a big part of Footscray, nowhere else is a football club a part of the community. Like the West, they're the perpetual underdog. I was barracking harder than I have in a game for a long, long time...probably since the '06 granny (2015 GF was just too one-sided). I honestly feel like the Eagles had got in - heck even more than last year. The Dogs showed so much determination, heart, they just never gave up when nobody gave them a chance! Suddenly the elimination final loss doesn't look so bad at all. I really really hope you break the 62 year drought and get over Sydney! Was in Footscray tonight and everyone was going wild, like they'd won a GF. Imagine if they win next week, haha.

Macrae. That was ice. Hasn't kicked a set shot ever and nails the winner with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Unf****ngbelievable! It's meant to be.
The guy hasn't backed himself around goal all year; been passing off clear opportunities to take a shot week after week...yet he takes the responsibility to nail that, and does. ****ing extraordinary. What a champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best ******* day ever.*

Loving all the salty Weagles and Crows supporters.

Haven't seen a GWS supporter on here yet..so no comment :D

*Need to win next Saturday

I ain't salty myself haha. Honestly, Dogs winning it will be like Eagles winning it. But don't get any ideas, I won't be changing teams anytime soon haha. Come on, beat Sydney boys!

Thanks so much, but there are so many others older than me(I know it doesn't seem possible ;)) that have not only supported the Bulldogs for many, many years, but have also done the little things for the club who never get recognised. I had the great pleasure of meeting the two women(mother and daughter) who were in the Day of the Dogs video on a visit in 2004 and have remained friends with them. I called them yesterday telling them that I'd hopefully be seeing them next week. The mother won't be able to go to the Grand Final because of health problems but will be watching on TV. She was around in '54 and '61. I am merely a newbie compared to people like her.

The pic that I've posted on here previously of my late parents at the Whitten Oval in May 1979, was taken at a match against the Swans(South Melbourne back then). The Bulldogs won. I'll be hoping for the same next weekend. I will be carrying my late mum's 2016 Western Bulldogs Membership card in my pocket for good luck.

We've got it.
Amazing story with the ladies in the doco. And thoughts are with you regarding your mother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back