News Review into racism at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats because the process hasnt finished yet. Wait until people go online to see doctors in china or seek advice from a lawyer in south africa.... wait until all the service based work that was done at home for the last year gets transferred to workers in foreign countries. Wait until all the transport jobs are done by robots.
I don't disagree with the idea ofuch of this occurring. Although I think it will be much more AI rather than jobs going offshore in the next wave. I just don't think it's a conspiracy. It's just companies and consumers operating on self interest.

I don't disagree with the idea ofuch of this occurring. Although I think it will be much more AI rather than jobs going offshore in the next wave. I just don't think it's a conspiracy. It's just companies and consumers operating on self interest.
A brief glance of history would tell you "Its the way the system works".. its common sense for those with wealth and power to wield those weapons to manipulate society and it's governments in their interest. Is that an organised conspiracy? (Sometimes it gets to that level actually). Take Bezos... richest man in the world.. pays his staff in the US peanuts so much so that some work full time but still qualify for food stamps and social security from the government. Meanwhile he donates to the Democrats and owns major media outlets who are basically democratic propaganda outlets.. do you think his very woke media outlets ever decry the plight of his workers in their indentured servitude?... or the threats he makes to them when they try to unionize? or the effect on "democracy" of having oligarchs like this dictate so much of public discussion and policy? Hint... NO!... but they're all over the racial implications of Dr Suess.

A brief glance of history would tell you "Its the way the system works".. its common sense for those with wealth and power to wield those weapons to manipulate society and it's governments in their interest. Is that an organised conspiracy? (Sometimes it gets to that level actually). Take Bezos... richest man in the world.. pays his staff in the US peanuts so much so that some work full time but still qualify for food stamps and social security from the government. Meanwhile he donates to the Democrats and owns major media outlets who are basically democratic propaganda outlets.. do you think his very woke media outlets ever decry the plight of his workers in their indentured servitude?... or the threats he makes to them when they try to unionize? or the effect on "democracy" of having oligarchs like this dictate so much of public discussion and policy? Hint... NO!... but they're all over the racial implications of Dr Suess.

When Reith, Howard and Costello sent dogs down to the docks - most didn't give a shit, despite large sections of the media trying to whip people up into a frenzy. And we'd give even less of a shit now. We can't blame the media or the corporations.

When Reith, Howard and Costello sent dogs down to the docks - most didn't give a sh*t, despite large sections of the media trying to whip people up into a frenzy. And we'd give even less of a sh*t now. We can't blame the media or the corporations.
Large sections of the media, ALL corporations and Oligarchs were 100% behind the government. But the docks isn't a good example. it's actually an example of when unionisation and workers rights go too far! Just because you are in a critical industry and can ransom that... doesn't mean you should get paid as much as a doctor for flicking a switch on a crane..
But just because you're flipping burgers at Mcdonalds doesn't mean you should have to live in poverty... if you are getting off your arse and working full time.

Large sections of the media, ALL corporations and Oligarchs were 100% behind the government. But the docks isn't a good example. it's actually an example of when unionisation and workers rights go too far! Just because you are in a critical industry and can ransom that... doesn't mean you should get paid as much as a doctor for flicking a switch on a crane..
But just because you're flipping burgers at Mcdonalds doesn't mean you should have to live in poverty... if you are getting off your arse and working full time.
Of course they were. They were against unions from their very inception, but that wasn't going to break the unions - what broke them was that the public didn't give a shit anymore. Partially because some unions had gone too far like you pointed out, but mainly because people had become comfortable, self satisfied, and were too busy looking after themselves..

Of course they were. They were against unions from their very inception, but that wasn't going to break the unions - what broke them was that the public didn't give a sh*t anymore. Partially because some unions had gone too far like you pointed out, but mainly because people had become comfortable, self satisfied, and were too busy looking after themselves..
we are in complete agreement here..
and it's only got worse since then..

My father was working there on the night when the security guards with dogs swarmed Webb dock.

I can assure you no-one was getting paid doctor money.

One of the kids I played footy with had a father that used to work with mine. Until he was killed at work...

you should probably read the review CFC reviewThis is exactly what it's about. Just because it doesn't seem racist to you doesn't mean it doesn't hurt other people.
As someone who has sat in on a fair few mediations related to racial conflict, I agree with loki04, the flip side is also true - just because it seems racist to you, doesn't mean its racist.
There needs to be a whole lot less reflexive side taking. A whole let less assumptions regarding victims and villains. In most conflicts there isn't really a victim or a villain. That's fairytale stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Review into racism at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back