• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no quality Assistant coaches or former players left?!?
Patience grasshopper...patience!
Silence is Golden...
The Net is cast far...
And he who hurries his footsteps errs...
The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage...
A watched pot never boils...
First in best dressed

I have to be honest, the list of candidates is really uninspiring, none of them really jump out at me as my preference. All of them are a bit 'meh' on face value

Recent Premiership coaches:

Scott, Goodwin, Hardwick, Hardwick, Simpson, Hardwick, Beveridge, Clarkson, Clarkson, Clarkson, Longmire, Scott.

Which of those would have inspired you before their appointment?

Scott, Goodwin, Hardwick, Hardwick, Simpson, Hardwick, Beveridge, Clarkson, Clarkson, Clarkson, Longmire, Scott.

Hardwick and Bev learned from Clarkson and I'm not sure think Simpson may have also. So those 2 had the credentials and Goodwin had a good grounding with Roos. The thing with that list cries out for youth coaches under 40. The days of Sheedys, pagans, and Malthouse are gone. Younger people bring in new ideas for the better or not for footy is another matter.

Hardwick and Bev learned from Clarkson and I'm not sure think Simpson may have also. So those 2 had the credentials and Goodwin had a good grounding with Roos. The thing with that list cries out for youth coaches under 40. The days of Sheedys, pagans, and Malthouse are gone. Younger people bring in new ideas for the better or not for footy is another matter.
Yeah Simpson was another clarkson disciple

Was who i was thinking it would be. Not overly excited, but seemed the most accomplished & complete. When Dimma quit, Yze was barely on my radar tho so its hard to be thrilled. He has a lot of work and trust to build

Not sure why the lack of enthusiasm - the vast majority of premiership winning coaches over the last 10 years have been Clarkson or his disciples.

Yze joined Hawthorn in 2012 as a development coach - improved their goal kicking accuracy out of sight. Took over line coaching after Beveridge was appointed at WB in 2014.

Hawthorn went from conceding 80 points per game in 2014, to 70 per game in 2015 after he took over the backline. Were the best defence in the competition, which funnily enough, the other contenders in the first 2 premiership years had significantly better defences i.e Sydney, Fremantle, Geelong. Even our defence in 2013 was better than Hawthorn’s. Significant improvement under Yze.

Joined Melbourne for 2021 season - went from 9th to 1st with best defence, which was his line.

He’s probably the last of the Clarkson disciples from Hawthorn, similar CV to Hardwick’s.

Not sure why the lack of enthusiasm - the vast majority of premiership winning coaches over the last 10 years have been Clarkson or his disciples.

Yze joined Hawthorn in 2012 as a development coach - improved their goal kicking accuracy out of sight. Took over line coaching after Beveridge was appointed at WB in 2014.

Hawthorn went from conceding 80 points per game in 2014, to 70 per game in 2015 after he took over the backline. Were the best defence in the competition, which funnily enough, the other contenders in the first 2 premiership years had significantly better defences i.e Sydney, Fremantle, Geelong. Even our defence in 2013 was better than Hawthorn’s. Significant improvement under Yze.

Joined Melbourne for 2021 season - went from 9th to 1st with best defence, which was his line.

He’s probably the last of the Clarkson disciples from Hawthorn, similar CV to Hardwick’s.

Newy would have been at the Hawks under Clarko too yeah? Sammy Mitchell seems to be a pretty switched on senior coach aswell.

It’s funny cause I’m really not too fussed which way we go. Would be pretty happy with either Yze, Newy or Mini.

I know it’s not an exact science but I’m more so confident now the club will make the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was who i was thinking it would be. Not overly excited, but seemed the most accomplished & complete. When Dimma quit, Yze was barely on my radar tho so its hard to be thrilled. He has a lot of work and trust to build
Every untried AFLcoach is in the same boat, they all start at ground zero.

Who's to say Yze isn't another Kingsley or McRare or Dimma or Clarkson? Or he could be another Ratten or Dew or Cameron.

It's impossible to say at this point but that applies to every untried coach so I don't hold that against any candidate.

You need to give any new coach a bare minimum of 2 years and ideally 3-4 to judge them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alarming that only beveridge who shouldnt have a flag and clarko are the only 2 to win flags as coaches but didnt as players

Mini has the job

But best credentials is x his a premiership coach....and a 3time premiership assistant

Yep better credentials then yze and newman the too faves

alarming that only beveridge who shouldnt have a flag and clarko are the only 2 to win flags as coaches but didnt as players
That’s awfully insightful of you

we're doomed with this next coach either way. just a stop gap until we get a proper coach in 5 years
True. It's more important to have a good list manager/recruiter at this point for us than a good coach (still doesn't mean we should be trying to get the best candidate possible. Preferably one that has developing young players as a strength).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back