• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know if it was taken out of context, but the part where Leppa feels he doesn't need to be interviewed worries me a little.

Because he talks to Tim Livingston everyday.
That’s what he was referring too as his still really close with the department.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well I'd hope that any candidate that we're considering for the role goes through an interview process. I'd like the club to know what the plan is the new coach has for taking us forward. Blindly appointing someone that has spent a few years in the club and it mates with everyone has disaster written all over it, much like when Brisbane went and appointed Voss first up then turned to Leppitsch after that.

For mine anyone wanting the job must go through the full process.
OK lets play this out

Lets say when (and he will be interviewed)
What will the questions be from Richmond to Leppa ?
What answers would we be expecting

Leppa: I been here for 8 years we won 3 flags
I went to the Pies and we are doing the same things there as we did at Punt Rd in the premiership years

I will be doing the same

Cool the job is yours

OK lets play this out

I went to the Pies and we are doing the same things there as we did at Punt Rd in the premiership years

I will be doing the same

Cool the job is yours
His job to lose I believe.

One of the greatest full backs, Rance, had Troy Chaplin as his mentor.

Leppitsch was his mentor long before Chaplin got to the club.
And if it wasn’t for Leppa we were going to trade Rance to Hawthorn for a pick in the 40’s.

Leppa had to ring Dimma and talk him out of trading him.

“Just give me some time” was what Leppa said to Dimma.

The rest is history….

“Leppitsch moulded a raw, athletic and over-enthusiastic Rance into a composed, competitive and complete package by teaching the nuances of bodywork and positioning — with outrageous success.”

Don't know if it was taken out of context, but the part where Leppa feels he doesn't need to be interviewed worries me a little.
It's kind of pointless interviewing him they would already know his opinions thoughts & philosophy on coaching.

But I don't think we are going the Leppa route.
Everything points to us going with a fresh first timer with plenty of experience as an assistant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club thinks Leppa is there man then they should 100% get him now and not just wait till the end of the season. We need to save this year somehow & holding back in the name of respecting an Arch Rival in Collingwood that is in the middle of a Premiership run is not even an option.

If the club wants Leppa & hewants to be the Coach of Richmond, he needs to be prepared to walk away from Fly & take the job immediately, we have a season to save

It seems a good move in theory

I think we need a clean start though

I reckon a new coach and new assistants all the way

Just a hunch
Couldn’t agree more. Full change required.

It seems a good move in theory

I think we need a clean start though

I reckon a new coach and new assistants all the way

Just a hunch

So you think a "No" on Leppa? He looked very overwhelmed as coach of the Lions, but i would like to think he has grown and learnt a lot from Fly and his team as well now.

If given a whole new team - its hard to imagine how that would look. The choice to get Leppa - I would definitely feel he would require a senior Assistant Coach to help guide him through it, but if they used other roles to get former players Grigg & one novice coach in Lambert or even Rance in, I would be OK with that. I think our culture in 2019 was sensational & second to none, I think that concept is still alive - but has been broken. Bringing in a whole new team would be keeping nothing from our success to take forward. I think our dynasty success has definitely built a lot of great potential coaches, why should we not claim them before others do?

Do you think the culture issues just require a complete reset?

So you think a "No" on Leppa? He looked very overwhelmed as coach of the Lions, but i would like to think he has grown and learnt a lot from Fly and his team as well now.

If given a whole new team - its hard to imagine how that would look. The choice to get Leppa - I would definitely feel he would require a senior Assistant Coach to help guide him through it, but if they used other roles to get former players Grigg & one novice coach in Lambert or even Rance in, I would be OK with that. I think our culture in 2019 was sensational & second to none, I think that concept is still alive - but has been broken. Bringing in a whole new team would be keeping nothing from our success to take forward. I think our dynasty success has definitely built a lot of great potential coaches, why should we not claim them before others do?

Do you think the culture issues just require a complete reset?
Just a gut feel.
I liked what he did with Hardwick though.

Just think we need to move forward and start a new chapter with completely new people

Dimma, Peggy, probably Benny all gone. As well as most of the assistant coaches all gone from the successful team. At least 2 champion players will join that list come years end

New faces with a new mindset and new message is the way forward

OK lets play this out

I will be doing the same

Cool the job is yours
Pretty sure it will be a bit more in depth than that

Pretty sure it will be a bit more in depth than that
All well and good sitting in the assistants chair with no outward responsibilities.
Questions will be around trademark, his vision (not Dimmas) handling the media, promoting the club, Game style. Bit different overseeing the whole shebang not just a line or a handful of players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back