• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Landsberger reckons Troy Chaplin is a big chance.

Don't know if it was taken out of context, but the part where Leppa feels he doesn't need to be interviewed worries me a little.
Collingwood flying so he would be fully invested in them atm.

But things can change as he said in the article.

I still really hope that mini gets the job.

Don't know if it was taken out of context, but the part where Leppa feels he doesn't need to be interviewed worries me a little.
Why ??

The man has spend nearly 8 years at Richmond and knows everybody at the club and they already know him inside out and have seen what he has done last 2 years.

What would they talk about in the interview apart from have lunch and a coffee

I'm sort of leaning against Leppa now for a few reasons.

1. It's exceedingly rare for failed ex-coaches to win one at their next club. History shows there's a reason they were failed coaches initially.
2. Some coaches are outstanding assistants, but just not the right fit for the senior coach. Leppa could be one of these, and we see these situations a lot. E.g. someone like Voss could/would be rated as an outstanding assistant, but might not be the number 1 guy.
3. His coaching record at Brisbane wasn't just disappointing, it was diabolical. He went 7, 4, and 3 wins, they literally got worse every year he coached.
4. I think regarding coaching, we need to move on from the previous era a little bit, Leppa seems the nostalgic back to the well appointment, but I think we need some fresh ideas and a completely new voice at the head coach position. I think a lot of the players would benefit from this too.
Brisbane football club was a mess back then and he had absolutely no support and an exodus of players wanting to get out
impossible situation for a 1st time coach just out of playing

Leppa is very highly respected and for good reason imo
Voss is just a flog and the last 10 years have proven which is the better coach

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Brisbane football club was a mess back then and he had absolutely no support and an exodus of players wanting to get out
impossible situation for a 1st time coach just out of playing

Leppa is very highly respected and for good reason imo
Voss is just a flog and the last 10 years have proven which is the better coach

He's highly respected, as an assistant.

History isn't on his side for failed ex-coaches, or any non-premiership ex-coaches for that matter.

Why ??

The man has spend nearly 8 years at Richmond and knows everybody at the club and they already know him inside out and have seen what he has done last 2 years.

What would they talk about in the interview apart from have lunch and a coffee
Well I'd hope that any candidate that we're considering for the role goes through an interview process. I'd like the club to know what the plan is the new coach has for taking us forward. Blindly appointing someone that has spent a few years in the club and it mates with everyone has disaster written all over it, much like when Brisbane went and appointed Voss first up then turned to Leppitsch after that.

For mine anyone wanting the job must go through the full process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the greatest full backs, Rance, had Troy Chaplin as his mentor.

Last edited:
Chappo has unfinished business at Richmond, his coming to Richmond saw us play finals for the first time since 2000 and every year after until his body broke down and he couldn't get on the field

Loved the club so much he even tried evolving wings so he could keep going

tumblr_n8ymghbUb31qfrw7to1_400.gif

Yep, and you will love this other photo I have got.

View attachment 1701237
It has to burn deep that you missed out on what you were part of building cause your body didn't make it to 30. #RichmondMan #UnfinishedBusiness #elchappy
Yeah he was stiff. Not the best player but a great person and clubman. Rance loved him. I remember when it was floated that Chaplin might leave Port Rance was very public in the fact that he wanted him to come across to help out, which wouldn't usually happen.

Yeah he was stiff. Not the best player but a great person and clubman. Rance loved him. I remember when it was floated that Chaplin might leave Port Rance was very public in the fact that he wanted him to come across to help out, which wouldn't usually happen.

Was a playing coach back then ....

Here's Elchappo with Dimma and Mini

1685514279315.png

#RichmondMan
#UnfinishedBusiness
#elchappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back