• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview on SEN with McRae was great yesterday - he confirmed a couple of things that have got a bit skewed or even out of hand in terms of folklore. Leppa deserves to be front runner, just whether he burned any bridges at departure (don't think so but you never know unless in the 4 walls)........

Carracella burnt bridges.
Leppa didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not if he messes up the next 11 games. I think minibus needs to bite the bullet and take risks by dropping the non performing senior players and tell the AFL world he’s planning the RFC team of the future. We may as well of had Dimma in the box today as it was the same old predictable loss with the same 4-5 blokes costing us the game. I would prefer to lose by 5-6 goals and see kids being played rather than losing by less than two goals with blokes that won’t be there next year. The reality is by the seasons end these kids might even start winning these games.
I expect that will happen soon enough , first game wouldn’t have been the appropriate time , as I mentioned elsewhere , it would have been a swinging dick mark neeld 101 handbook to walk into the room and do that before he coached a game ,wait to next week

I expect that will happen soon enough , first game wouldn’t have been the appropriate time , as I mentioned elsewhere , it would have been a swinging dick mark neeld 101 handbook to walk into the room and do that before he coached a game ,wait to next week
Only time will tell Bo as there's been some bad habits creeping into the place and bad habits are created by stubborn heads.

Only time will tell Bo as there's been some bad habits creeping into the place and bad habits are created by stubborn heads.
Yea I’m not that plsd with dimmas last 5w I think he said one thing and did another , mentioned how much he admired cats management of vets then proceeded to play ours every bloody game,,,,,, to our detriment , anyway it’s a fork in the road and I’m not going to burden Q with that , it’s all before him , I just hope he has the latitude to do as he wants

Look at that he reeled you in. You think Buckley was excellent because he spent the whole game blowing smoke up our arse, when all he was doing was putting his foot forward for our Coaching Gig.

Just ask Ross Lyon, when you haven't won a premiership you are always looking for a sweet list to have another go with. You just can't go through a selection process and not get the job so you got to use your media gig to always be applying so someone will ask you.
Bucks has always been very pro Richmond in his commentary. Seems to have a lot of respect for the way we play.

This is the guy that forced Treloar and several others out of Lollingwood by saying the players didn't want him there instead of being honest and saying the club has a salary cap problem and unfortunately, he has to go.

He's the very opposite of a Richmond man and won't happen
Also reckoned Treloar’s mental state wouldn’t handle being separated from his wife while she played netball in Queensland.

Nothing like giving your players support. Said it matter of factly like it was a perfectly reasonable and normal thing to do.

Not a fan of failed former senior coaches, aka Leppa.
Can't think of too many that have had great success second time around?
Some people are just better as assistant coaches and Michael Voss may be case in point here.
I think Adem Yze would be worth a look.
Either way, it needs to be someone from outside the club.
Our game plan is stagnant now and we have fallen behind.
Time for a fresh set of eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of failed former senior coaches, aka Leppa.
Can't think of too many that have had great success second time around?
Some people are just better as assistant coaches and Michael Voss may be case in point here.
I think Adem Yze would be worth a look.
Either way, it needs to be someone from outside the club.
Our game plan is stagnant now and we have fallen behind.
Time for a fresh set of eyes.
Troy Chaplin, Demons Backline Coach, I read that he won the Assistant Coach of the year award last year, not YZe.

Craig McCrae won the same award in 2019

He is a Tigers man and an integral part of building the culture under Dimma 10 years ago and played a key role in the Demons premiership two years ago.

Was always coachin junuors during his playing career. Was definitely with Sturt but can't remember which TAC team.

Troy Chaplin, Demons Backline Coach, I read that he won the Assistant Coach of the year award last year, not YZe.

Craig McCrae won the same award in 2019

He is a Tigers man and an integral part of building the culture under Dimma 10 years ago and played a key role in the Demons premiership two years ago.

Was always coaching juniors during his playing career. Was definitely with Sturt while my bro was playing there but can't remember which TAC team.
Troy Chaplin's interest in the Richmond head coaching gig is well advanced with my sauce telling me that El Chapppy is already arranged for a mascot to bring with him to his presentation to the Richmond football club board

el chapo puppies GIF by Team Coco

Live video from the costume rehearsal at ChappoLand

I'm sort of leaning against Leppa now for a few reasons.

1. It's exceedingly rare for failed ex-coaches to win one at their next club. History shows there's a reason they were failed coaches initially.
2. Some coaches are outstanding assistants, but just not the right fit for the senior coach. Leppa could be one of these, and we see these situations a lot. E.g. someone like Voss could/would be rated as an outstanding assistant, but might not be the number 1 guy.
3. His coaching record at Brisbane wasn't just disappointing, it was diabolical. He went 7, 4, and 3 wins, they literally got worse every year he coached.
4. I think regarding coaching, we need to move on from the previous era a little bit, Leppa seems the nostalgic back to the well appointment, but I think we need some fresh ideas and a completely new voice at the head coach position. I think a lot of the players would benefit from this too.

True, but I guess I am more alluding to whether being with us for 5 or so years would have meant that he might have been considered by some supporters as being a same for same replacement for Hardwick and therefore just continuing with the existing game plan as seems to be the opinion of supporters re Mcqualter.

From reading some of these threads it seems that some supporters believe that bringing in an untried coach at AFL level from elsewhere would come with an expectation that they will provide new ideas/strategies rather than a mini me approach.

As we know McRae has implemented a similar game plan to us with great success at the Pies but without knowledge of his stint as head coach would we be as confident giving him the top job given the situation as we have now even if he had a reasonably good caretaker period, obviously just a hypothetical.
You make a very good point , why would someone coming out say geelong have a superior background to a Candidate that’s been onboard throughout a triple premiership dynasty , with relationships forged
Makes zero sense , we need a key forward more than fresh ideas
We need a small goal kicking forward more than fresh ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back