• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intrude, but the word I have is that a succession plan is on the table which is still to be agreed to by all parties at Port but they are hoping to get it done. With Hinkley to get another 12 months and a huge bonus $$$$ if he snags a flag this year, and for Carr to take over in 2025. If the deal gets done expect Carr to pull out of richmond coaching race probably during the bye week before finals.
Looking like you may have had some pretty good mail here. Kenny/Carr succession plan gaining momentum. Well done.

Sonsie, Banks, Brown, Judson are all elite kicks.

We actually have a good combination of inside ball winners and outside users on the list.

A new game plan that suits them is needed.

One that fits the Stand era. One where we win the ball first and retain it. And when we do go, be through the middle by foot, rather than around the boundary line, so every team doesn't have time to park their entire team in our F50.
That's a grand total of 4 -5 if you include Short (whose footskills are massively overrated IMO) and one hasn't played yet while the another's gone backwards this year and we still have too many hacks. Coulthard looks a neat kick too I suppose. Our next best field kick is Riewoldt and he's cooked and likely won't be here next year. We're still a long way from having a list that would suit a game plan reliant on accuracy by foot (and then there's our hand balling skills that are arguably even worse).:$

Oh No Fire GIF

Coming back into this thread after yesterdays loss

Newman was part of the boys club shit culture when he was playing and he won't make the hard call on guys like Jack, Grimes and McIntosh. No thanks.

Now that Carr has withdrawn, Yze is the clear standout for mine. Involved in 3 flags under Clarko and one at the Dees. Was backline coach for all 4 flags I believe and has been forward coach at hawks and is now a midfield coach at Demons.

We also need a good forward coach to replace Teague.

Last edited:
Newman was part of the boys club s**t culture when he was playing and he won't make the hard call on guys like Jack, Grimes and McIntosh. No thanks.

Now that Carr has withdrawn, Yze is the clear standout for mine. Involved in 3 flags under Clarko and one at the Dees. Was backline coach for all 4 flags I believe and is now a midfield coach at Demons.

Jr8 to replace teague

Newman was part of the boys club s**t culture when he was playing and he won't make the hard call on guys like Jack, Grimes and McIntosh. No thanks.

Now that Carr has withdrawn, Yze is the clear standout for mine. Involved in 3 flags under Clarko and one at the Dees. Was backline coach for all 4 flags I believe and is now a midfield coach at Demons.

Agree, without Carr, I now want Yze and will change my vote to him.

Jr8 to replace teague
Nup. He would also have his favorites. Needs fresh eyes.

edit: The bonus of getting an untried coach is they will be on probably half of what Dimma was so there would be plenty of cash to splash to re-stock the assistant coaches. Mini will leave too if he doesn't get the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this might happen in 2-4 years if he gets a extension

I thought Mcqualter was good in his press conference. Was open, straight shooter, did not seem flustered by the situation. Seemed to keep it real and together
Looked like he was about to cry in the presser after the Saints game.

Watch it again, that loss hit him hard. Potentially because he might feel its significant for his 2024 chances.

Now that Carr has withdrawn, Yze is the clear standout for mine. Involved in 3 flags under Clarko and one at the Dees. Was backline coach for all 4 flags I believe and has been forward coach at hawks and is now a midfield coach at Demons.

No he wasn’t , he was responsible for the commencement of change , often the hardest step to take .

All the coaches that have pulled out of the race are smart, they know our next 4 years will be a disaster and are better off coming back once Mini has done the hard work and got sacked.

Just look for #sack hardwick thread.

Have a look at who started the thread for epic lols.

My favourite thread

Back when our supporters had a sense of humour in dark times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back