Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Saying the bloke who already spent the 2 x 1st rounders he got for Tom Barrass
Huh? I think it's more likely we get a first and second. All I've mentioned about the 2 firsts is what the HUN reported.

My opinion doesn't equal what's reported.

You're the one drinking the Ralph Kool-Aid

Can we not basically 100% guarantee that Richmond end up with Brisbanes pick 17 or 18?

Pick 17/18 + 69 + F2nd for pick 29,39,41, 47, 57

Turns 1000 points into 1800 odd in this draft and gives Richmond like 1500 or so points next by simply moving pick 47 on as the net loss

I could see Gold Coast happy to give up pick 37 for Brisbanes Future 2nd also to get Richmond back in the top 40 again also

Can we not basically 100% guarantee that Richmond end up with Brisbanes pick 17 or 18?

Turns 1000 points into 1800 odd in this draft and gives Richmond like 1500 or so points next by simply moving pick 47 on as the net loss

I could see Gold Coast happy to give up pick 37 for Brisbanes Future 2nd also to get Richmond back in the top 40 again also
No chance Richmond give up that much in this trade specially pick #29

Richmond could have one of the most stacked draft hands ever seen - already have the best hand yet lots of guys to be traded out. Given depth of draft prob not as much value in packaging up picks to move up - just load up - but likely still deal to be down with clubs that need points. Assuming each of baker/rioli/shai gets them picks in top 25 (some some earlier and shai more) it’s not inconceivable to have say end up with say 6-7 in top 25 and 10-12+ in top 40.

If the draft is as deep as it’s suggested to be that’s say 3 years of drafting in one year.

Richmond could have one of the most stacked draft hands ever seen - already have the best hand yet lots of guys to be traded out. Given depth of draft prob not as much value in packaging up picks to move up - just load up - but likely still deal to be down with clubs that need points. Assuming each of baker/rioli/shai gets them picks in top 25 (some some earlier and shai more) it’s not inconceivable to have say end up with say 6-7 in top 25 and 10-12+ in top 40.

If the draft is as deep as it’s suggested to be that’s say 3 years of drafting in one year.
Massive opportunity.

LOL you think Brisbane are trading 1000 draft points for 1000 draft points :D
they dont have a pick 7 or 8 it will be 19-21
They will get a 30% uplift and a wink not to bid on the best player in the draft

Richmond is not giving up all these picks for a 10-12 spot upgrade mate
39,41,47,57 is more than enough for pick 20

They will get a 30% uplift and a wink not to bid on the best player in the draft

Yeah fair point on the wink part. If you do the wink part then 100% dont need to give up pick 29 with 29 basically the same value as the wink

Yeah fair point on the wink part. If you do the wink part then 100% dont need to give up pick 29 with 29 basically the same value as the wink
Richmond might not even want to trade for Brisbanes pick
the later picks could get used to upgrade other picks that we get from trades

Richmond will have so many deals in the works and picks like 39,41,47,57 could all come in significantly and be in demand on draft night with clubs making good offers to move up

If Brisbanes 1st rounder was a pick 7-12 that would be a different story but with 3 maybe 4 FS or academy bid coming its almost like a 2nd rounder and we could possibly have 2 first picks the 2nd day.

Another thing to consider is that Richmond may rate Sam Marshall highly and bid on Ashcroft to wipe out Brisbanes picks and bringing in all our picks and bid on Marshall forcing Brisbane to pass on him

Honestly, wink or not, see if you can find a situation ever where picks were traded for points and it was even points.

Honestly, wink or not, see if you can find a situation ever where picks were traded for points and it was even points.
18 is 985 points
39,41,47,57 is 1356 points

Brisbane have no chance to get more from any other club
Richmond are better off using the later picks to upgrade our picks that we will have once trading is complete

We might have a team that wants #21 and offer a F1 and these later picks could come in handy
but to trade 29,39,41,47,57 which is over 2000 points would be madness

North may want to trade down #22 for #39 & #41 to get a deal done for a player
Or Crows #25 for #29 +#47 if they need to trade for NB but want the extra pick
Bombers will be wanting to move #28 back for later picks
or even your team after all your 1st get wiped out might want an extra pick
there are so many options this year with the draft running so deep

I just dont believe Brisbane 1st round pick is that valuable to sacrifice other deals to move up

Think you're overpaying, but I dare say Brisbane and Richmond have an 'in principle' agreement to look at this later in the draft depending on how things pan out.

One big question for me is just how many picks Richmond will be using this draft. Between players being traded out and retirements, there seem to be a lot of slots they need to fill even before they start delisting players.

My count is 8+delistments (so 10-12?), which means they might be wanting to use some of those later picks you mentioned.

There could also be some shuffling of later picks in the 'big' trades, especially if Richmond is pushing to get higher picks, which would probably make these picks fewer/lower.

Think you're overpaying, but I dare say Brisbane and Richmond have an 'in principle' agreement to look at this later in the draft depending on how things pan out.

One big question for me is just how many picks Richmond will be using this draft. Between players being traded out and retirements, there seem to be a lot of slots they need to fill even before they start delisting players.

My count is 8+delistments (so 10-12?), which means they might be wanting to use some of those later picks you mentioned.

There could also be some shuffling of later picks in the 'big' trades, especially if Richmond is pushing to get higher picks, which would probably make these picks fewer/lower.
I think we will take 6/7 players in the draft and keep 1 pick for the rookie draft for train on players
we will also take 4-5 next year

wont be 10 new players this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that trade happens it will happen on draft night not before as otherwise Brisbane won't have the list spots for that many picks.

I think we will take 6/7 players in the draft and keep 1 pick for the rookie draft for train on players
we will also take 4-5 next year

wont be 10 new players this year

Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham moving clubs
Martin, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith retiring.

That's 8 vacancies without delisting anyone, and I'd image they'd be getting rid of a few.

10-12 list spots free seems quite likely, and a club that is rebuilding isn't likely to have a lot of empty spots going into the season.

Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham moving clubs
Martin, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith retiring.

That's 8 vacancies without delisting anyone, and I'd image they'd be getting rid of a few.

10-12 list spots free seems quite likely, and a club that is rebuilding isn't likely to have a lot of empty spots going into the season.
We have Blight and Gray as extras so need to cull 2 to give them spots as we re-signed them. So it's really only 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back