News Richmond considers dumped Carlton midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually back Mick Malthouse to make the right calls for the Carlton list, however I'm not happy we've lost Mitch.

What's he done exactly? Got in a bit of a scuffle at BDO which was unlucky enough to be caught on camera, got belted on a night out and lied about it. That's one real bad **** up. He got rubbed out 3 times this year, 1 of them being bullshit and the other questionable.

He has worked his ass off since being told he was put on notice, doing everything possible to be retained. He's a fiery, passionate player. One thing that used to shit me about the club was that no player would get around twitter, social media etc to promote their club or even indicate that they gave a ****. Mitch loved the Blues, and interacted with fans via Twitter, and was always on the club website doing the crappy video jobs no player wants to do.

As well as this, is he has a hell of a lot of tools to become a GOOD AFL player, not a C grade list clogger. Watch his highlight reels over the years, he has some serious tricks. Good hands, good in traffic, and not a bad disposer once he settles, also loves a goal. He has ability.

If he can lose the brain fades and settle before he disposes of the ball often, it will be a very good pickup.

Agree

Me too

Because he doesn't know the rules of the game. Rewatch the 2013 EF. He rushes a behind as 3rd man up in a ball up from the goal square, and is genuinely stunned that's a free kick. Warnock has to explain it to him. Warnock.
You should also remember that a very short time later he worked his ass off to get forward, took a contested mark and slotted the goal. A lot of players would drop their head in that situation.

Agree
Because he doesn't know the rules of the game. Rewatch the 2013 EF. He rushes a behind as 3rd man up in a ball up from the goal square, and is genuinely stunned that's a free kick. Warnock has to explain it to him. Warnock.

Yes, his courageous. Yes, we need an inside mid. But this is a person who is being dropped for being stupid. From Carlton. And he comes with a fractured skull. Come on. Are we playing rugby league?

Pretty loose reason. I reckon you could watch a number of games over several years where many players were uncertain of/did not know what they could do with the rushed rule.

He is being dropped for being stupid - is that your way of saying he can play??

I am for putting him on list as a rookie - costs to us minimal - if he screws up off field dump him with out the worry of it having costing us anything significant.

People say that he's a player that you'd love when they came to Richmond, but I disagree
Most, including me, hate Hayden Ballentine, but he's definitely a player I'd love if he was wearing yellow & black
Mitch Robinson only has an interview tomorrow and I hope he gets lost on his way to the ground, don't even step foot in the joint please. Thankfully with the rocks in his head, this is a real possibility.

I also actually think Thomas does the exact same role , why can't we use one of our young tough nuts in arnot and helbig for that role , hate bringing in Carlton rejects , at least garlett would of stressed the small quick forward issue

If he is an off field **** wit then a big no. We simply don't need that risk. Can you imagine the headlines if he and Martin go out on the piss and end up locked up?

If he's just a dim wit but not an arseh*le then maybe he is worth the risk. If he's a player we love to hate then he must have been doing something right (not including the cancer jokes). I'd prefer Hunt I think.

First off i will admit before anyone reminds me that when talk about trading for him came up i was dead against it and had some harsh words about the bloke. This is a whole different kettle of fish though, its basically a free kick on a player so why not take it? give him one year with behaviour and performance clauses thrown in and if he lives up to his end of the bargain, plays well and doesnt be stupid then he gets another year or 2. If he fails then we give him the risk free boot down punt road never to return. The 2014 season made it quite clear Cotchin needs some type of hard nut to help him out every now and then and ill give robinson his due on that he definately isnt scared in the rough stuff. I have to admit i will find it tough in round 1 2015 to not accidentally yell at the bloke like i did when he was a blue but once a player puts on that Yellow and Black jersey i cant help but cheer them on during a game (yes that was very hard to f@cking type).

EDIT: i remember Jake King saying in the media he wanted some type of role at Tigerland in 2015, If anyone could make Robinson pull his head in my money would be on King.

Last edited:
Dear god no.... Hampson... Grigg ... Now this guy .... Whos next ? Bootsma as a backup ?

Bootsma has sent us a youtube of himself to win a place on the list.

problem is no one is daring enough to play it.

Lets ask the following question Richmond.

Q: If a team below middle of the road chooses to delist this guy then why do we want him. Why were there no offers from other clubs. Not even pick 180 in the draft was put on the table for him.

The only reason no offers came was all off field related. Not on field.
Don't know the bloke but only Carlton really know how serious those issues are.
Are they overreacting or is he a Complete lost cause?
That's what the interview process will determine.
I'm comfortable with that.

Rate it. Get him in at round 1 to rattle a few blues cages. Can you image if he comes off the opposite HFF to Lids, runs through murphy...ball slips out to Lids who dobs the first from the 50!! Amazing. It wont be long before Tigers fans love this. Vickery, Conca, Robbo...getting some 2008 Hawks type unsociable football happening. We all witnessed how to win a grand final this year....and that is to be bloody tough at the pill and just smash your opponent until they start looking around and go second to the ball. Worth a shot...will lift everyone with his attack. One or two of these types is infectious stuff. Inb4 Vlastuin, Conca and Dusty start to replicate his attack on the ball. We automatically become so much better. Minimal risk with off field stuff but he comes from Carlton so we can just blame them like the Lions did and delist if there are problems. Meh...do it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems very hampson. Yeah its for SFA but I just get the feeling its a bad move ...
No-one would care that we got Hampson if he'd come for free. It's only because he cost pick 32 or whatever it was that he's been a failure. It's not like he's been taking the spot of a young up and comer.

I don't know much about Robinson, but we did lose our two enforcers this year in Jackson and King. Gotta get some grunt from somewhere.

12 month contract with behaviour clauses and it's a no brainer in my opinion.

He can play and we get him for nothing.

He has mucked up a few times but he's hardly murdered anyone.

He has a Mrs to keep him in line, so he's not as wild as many say.

Too many people want robots with no personality at their club.

Will put his body on the line in contests - something a few passengers on our list won't do.

To say we don't want him/need him is baffling.

He'll have a point to prove and should/will be on his last chance as soon as he walks through the door.

12 month contract with behaviour clauses and it's a no brainer in my opinion.

He can play and we get him for nothing.

He has mucked up a few times but he's hardly murdered anyone.

He has a Mrs to keep him in line, so he's not as wild as many say.

Too many people want robots with no personality at their club.

Will put his body on the line in contests - something a few passengers on our list won't do.

To say we don't want him/need him is baffling.

He'll have a point to prove and should/will be on his last chance as soon as he walks through the door.

spot on!

Have met Mitch a few times and can say he must get some serious white line fever because he is actually quite a nice bloke from what I have seen. Really think he could turn into our next cult hero if we gave him a chance. I understand the anti-carltank stance completely, but this bloke can play! Rookie spot would be an absolute bargain! Pretty sure we have only 4 spots to draft with (and the miles upgrade) and would even be happy to occupy a senior list spot with him and forgo a 4th rnd draft pick, unlikely to get much about then any ways.

No-one would care that we got Hampson if he'd come for free. It's only because he cost pick 32 or whatever it was that he's been a failure. It's not like he's been taking the spot of a young up and comer.

I don't know much about Robinson, but we did lose our two enforcers this year in Jackson and King. Gotta get some grunt from somewhere.
Yeah I know but I can just feel it in me waters

I Hate this idea :(

With that said if he comes along i'll support him and hope like hell he gives us a harder edge and makes us a better football team

I;d rather try and find a developing Ruck....
What was it that Dimma said about only people with good character??? so dumb idiots that go out and get pissed.... ditch their mate and then lie the next day have good character....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back