News Richmond considers dumped Carlton midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a rookie, I could probably go for that. He's a proven ball winner (question marks on his disposal though) and is a genuine hard nut. If he can help Cotchin, Miles, Foley (who's not exactly young) and give us a bit of depth, I could probably live with that. Will back the club either way.

He surely has to realise he's basically on his last chance, if he stuffs up again, his career is done you'd think. Plus he's from Tassie isn't he? Something about our club and Tasweigans doing well...maybe he'll rise to the occasion playing for a proper club like the Tiges and not rolling around in filth down at Visy Park :D

I'd prefer Hunt over Robinson but would take Robinson over Lucas.

This IS just a joke isn't it? What happened to going to the draft? Another list clogger on field with problems off field. Wait and see I suppose.

You should also remember that a very short time later he worked his ass off to get forward, took a contested mark and slotted the goal. A lot of players would drop their head in that situation.

Yep, his awesome. Carlton will be offering him a contract and a pay rise, right?

Like many I think the guy is an idiot. But a very hard player, that can do some nice things on the field. He would fit a need right now. Cheap and likely to play a role. If we get him for free and he does that enforcer, depth mid role then we come out well ahead.

Also, as many have said, he has been warned in the most severe way that he is piddling his career against the wall. He knows that this will be the last chance and that often turns guys around. Being an idiot is no reason he can't be a decent footballer. I reckon his ceiling is B grade. And another mature B grader hard nut would be very nice. Just a fair risk that he can't get his head straight.

I actually don't mind this simply from a football perspective.

How many "enforcers" have we had in the last few years?

Jacko and Kingy were the obvious two that would protect and fly the flag, but other than that we never really showed any hardness or aggression at the man with the ball.

Cotch gets ragg dolled by McCaffer, Lids gets the same treatment from Crowley, has anyone ever tried to rough up the tagger to give our blokes a chop out? No. which has lead to our star players being contained to 15-20 scrappy possessions which doesnt benefit us at all.

At least you know with Mitch that he will protect his team mates and wont stand by and watch someone get tagged out of a game.

as a supporter i really don't care too much if he is a knob head as a person, as long as he adds a bit of much needed toughness to the team im all for it. We have been a very very soft side for far too long. if we want to progress we need some tough uncompromising players. skills arent the worst, but he will set the tone for our intensity each week.

Agree

Me too

Because he doesn't know the rules of the game. Rewatch the 2013 EF. He rushes a behind as 3rd man up in a ball up from the goal square, and is genuinely stunned that's a free kick. Warnock has to explain it to him. Warnock.

Yes, his courageous. Yes, we need an inside mid. But this is a person who is being dropped for being stupid. From Carlton. And he comes with a fractured skull. Come on. Are we playing rugby league?

and our captain went against the wind in a final??? big deal, doesnt mean he cant play and wont add value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people need to also remember that he was acting like a knob head as he was at a club surrounded by other knob heads.. these are the blokes who tied up Levi Casboult on a boat i think it was in his first year..

culture :D

Have you guys seen him kick?
Yes his attack on the ball/player is very good, but his disposal isn't.

In saying that though, I wouldn't be against rookie listing him, would definitely prefer him over Thomas and he's likely to have a better chance of "making it", than anyone else we select.

I actually don't mind this simply from a football perspective.

How many "enforcers" have we had in the last few years?

Jacko and Kingy were the obvious two that would protect and fly the flag, but other than that we never really showed any hardness or aggression at the man with the ball.

Cotch gets ragg dolled by McCaffer, Lids gets the same treatment from Crowley, has anyone ever tried to rough up the tagger to give our blokes a chop out? No. which has lead to our star players being contained to 15-20 scrappy possessions which doesnt benefit us at all.

At least you know with Mitch that he will protect his team mates and wont stand by and watch someone get tagged out of a game.

as a supporter i really don't care too much if he is a knob head as a person, as long as he adds a bit of much needed toughness to the team im all for it. We have been a very very soft side for far too long. if we want to progress we need some tough uncompromising players. skills arent the worst, but he will set the tone for our intensity each week.
I agree with this, the more I think about it the more it might be a decent bit of business.

I'd not buy a pitchfork. He can play and he finds it.

Absolutely fine having someone in the team who can have very purple purple patches and gets suspended 3 times a year. We are still soft inside.

The issue people will have will be his disposal. That has me more suprised at our interest than his knobness

I hate this banjo twangin', flat headed, neanderthal numb skull as much as anyone, but, at 25, he has his best footy ahead of him, he can play and is hard as nails. I'm for it. He comes for free. Do it Richmond.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Yet he's exactly the type of player carlton need and they dumped him. Says a lot hey?

Yeah I'm lookin'. Let me know what I'm lookin' for exactly apart from the fact this bloke was my most despised and it won't make me change my mind if he's playing for us.
yes it will, especially if he plays alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back