News Richmond considers dumped Carlton midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will regret not giving this a shot, i can just feel it. The guy can play and he has something to prove, as his bro said he has learnt his lesson. Any bets north will get him and he will help them a lot. Exact type of player we need and we didnt take it seriously yet again.

I wasn't slagging off the club merely pointing to the fact we have been outbid - again whilst other clubs are going harder then us right now. This is a fact whatever way you look at it. I was a supporter of going to the draft and not trading for the sake of it but we have made bids and simply been outbid by other clubs a few times now. Whether this pays off or not remains to be seen.

wasnt referring to you

have to admit I'm surprised some are already bagging the club for this.

giving shit to the club for not over paying on a delisted player that they personally didn't even want at our club

some people are really just looking for any excuse to slag off the club
I agree with you mate, i sometimes think some people arent happy unless they are complaining about something or someone. Football is a business, we obviously have our plan and it didnt work out. I dont know about anyone else but it hasnt raised my blood pressure and i will sleep as sound as i usualy do tonight.

Disagree. He's great in and under but the more we can use him outside the better. Preserves his body too.

Definitely but I would rather Conca, Vlas and Miles be the men to help him out

Seriously, though, what fun would it be if you had treat footballers as real people. We're here for legends and spuds, heroes and villains. Any footballer brave/foolish enough to read online forums should know that, and realize it doesn't have a whole lot to do with reality.

And triplezero I'd think the reason it bothers you more than Mitch is that he's used to being viewed that way, whereas to you of course there's only Mitch the real person.

I'm all for bagging out football players. But based on their abilities. People call Mitch a spud, that's fine. I personally used to give him shit after a game for kicking out of bounds on the full.

But I have seen some absolutely vile comments about his physical appearance and calls for him to kill himself. People just take shit too far.

I'm off home now. Kind of bummed he didn't end up at tiges :( oh well. Good luck in 2015!

He's my little brother.

Umm. Sometimes I tell him the things people say. It pisses me off way more than it does him. He's used to it I guess. Although just because someone kicks an air filled leather bag around a field it doesn't give you an automatic right to say what ever you want to them. Especially from the safety of your home, it is ******* gutless and speaks volumes about your character.

I made him do a reddit AMA a year or so ago, that was pretty cool. Gives you an insight into him as a person. Because that's what he is. A person.
http://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/1keqff/i_am_mitch_robinson_from_the_carlton_football

So how does he feel about playing for the Tigers, Is he a Yellow & Black type of guy

Just for the fun of it, I noticed in the video he knows the hair saloon girls - If he does end up at Tigetland get him to Dye his hair the yellow & black of the Tiger - just to piss off the carlton crew lol

Patrick Keane just confirmed that a delisted Free Agent can't join as a rookie unless he goes through the draft. So if that story last night is accurate it would appear that we're looking at Robbo as a rookie rather than a senior listed player and personally I wouldn't be against that sort of approach. Make him prove 100% that he is committed to the club and the cause.

Read: Richmond not prepared to pay overs for delisted player. I'm okay with this.

How do you know the other club is overpaying? What if that's the standard price?

Considering it's common for us to get outbid, I'd say it's more likely we constantly offer unders to everyone. Not that that's a bad thing.

so the club should over pay for a player you don't want to get improvement? riiiiight.....

why would the club show interest in a player they don't want.? That's a silly argument. The club obviously felt he would add some value but couldn't get the deal done for whatever reason. It is good business but doesn't improve our list in any way for next season, does it.? oh hang on, more money in the account for FA 2015..! That's laughable at best..

why would the club show interest in a player they don't want.? That's a silly argument. The club obviously felt he would add some value but couldn't get the deal done for whatever reason. It is good business but doesn't improve our list in any way for next season, does it.? oh hang on, more money in the account for FA 2015..! That's laughable at best..

first of all, agreeing to meet and chat with a player is not indicative of any level of interest

secondly, if another club was prepared to pay more for him do you think we should have upped it? The stupidity of paying "whatever it takes" is part of what caused our problems in the past

I'd love you to be bidding for my house at an auction, as long as someone else is bidding you'd always have your hand up - regardless of whether you think its a fair price or not

We will regret not giving this a shot, i can just feel it. The guy can play and he has something to prove, as his bro said he has learnt his lesson. Any bets north will get him and he will help them a lot. Exact type of player we need and we didnt take it seriously yet again.

We gave it a shot and it seems length of contract was a sticking point. I wouldn't have entertained anything but a one year deal at best. He doesn't deserve anything else.

We gave it a shot and it seems length of contract was a sticking point. I wouldn't have entertained anything but a one year deal at best. He doesn't deserve anything else.

I would have done 2, i highly doubt that the lions have offered 4 years at any decent amount of money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have to admit I'm surprised some are already bagging the club for this.

giving shit to the club for not over paying on a delisted player that they personally didn't even want at our club

some people are really just looking for any excuse to slag off the club
And you know who they are before even opening the thread.

first of all, agreeing to meet and chat with a player is not indicative of any level of interest

secondly, if another club was prepared to pay more for him do you think we should have upped it? The stupidity of paying "whatever it takes" is part of what caused our problems in the past

I'd love you to be bidding for my house at an auction, as long as someone else is bidding you'd always have your hand up - regardless of whether you think its a fair price or not

Firstly - Here is a link to the article, pay attention to the words that follow the headline. If you still claim the club had no interest in him, well there is no more to add. I rest my case.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...isted-free-agent/story-fni5f9jb-1227103999742

Secondly - The question for me is how & why is another club prepared to pay more when we are not.? are they stupid or loaded with cash.? The club is now in a good position to take some risks. some will pay off and some won't.! but you atleast try..!

Let me know on the auction - If your house suits my needs, i'll keep aside the extra 10k to secure the bidding..!

Not disagreeing with you but again the analogy is more likely that we're trying to bid for a house and get it at a significantly below market rate that just isn't realistic. That's why we keep getting outbid, not because everyone else is paying overs.

We seem to be looking for a bargain within a bargain (picks and cap). Considering we refuse to budge, we really must have something lined up for next year otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I;d rather try and find a developing Ruck....
What was it that Dimma said about only people with good character??? so dumb idiots that go out and get pissed.... ditch their mate and then lie the next day have good character....
Soldo is your developing ruck.

Not disagreeing with you but again the analogy is more likely that we're trying to bid for a house and get it at a significantly below market rate that just isn't realistic. That's why we keep getting outbid, not because everyone else is paying overs.

We seem to be looking for a bargain within a bargain (picks and cap). Considering we refuse to budge, we really must have something lined up for next year otherwise it doesn't make sense.

for anything - be it a house or a player - you determine how much you are prepared to pay, and stick to it

only morons allow emotion to influence their decisions in the heat of bidding

Firstly - Here is a link to the article, pay attention to the words that follow the headline. If you still claim the club had no interest in him, well there is no more to add. I rest my case.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...isted-free-agent/story-fni5f9jb-1227103999742

Secondly - The question for me is how & why is another club prepared to pay more when we are not.? are they stupid or loaded with cash.? The club is now in a good position to take some risks. some will pay off and some won't.! but you atleast try..!

Let me know on the auction - If your house suits my needs, i'll keep aside the extra 10k to secure the bidding..!

you mean the same clubs padding their lists with the likes of Waite and Higgins, or paying Daisy Thomas $750k, or paying $450k to a guy off one good year.

Clubs are doing what we used to do, bidding on what they think a player is worth if it all goes well. And we know how well that went for us.

for anything - be it a house or a player - you determine how much you are prepared to pay, and stick to it

only morons allow emotion to influence their decisions in the heat of bidding

We seem to be consistently only prepared to pay significantly under market value. This has nothing to do with emotion. What you're prepared to pay is a subjective judgment - that judgment could be unrealistic.

But again, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just concerned about our strategy being too restrictive and not enabling us to address our needs.

You'd be right.

Tigers not prepared to re-offer? Just one offer then that's it? Surely they would of known what was on the table elsewhere?

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back