Richmond draft meeting tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. half you guys must be smoking the funny stuff
2. the rfc are not going to give out any information that is confidential.
3. anything that was said last night would have been gone through by all concerned and given the ok.
4. the information released would be treated as public knowledge.
5. clubs have more pressing issues in the lead up to the draft then to scour the internet forumz and see which 5 players rfc rate with pick 70ish
and lastly
6. if the rfc is actually giving away confidential info to anyone willing to pull $80 out of there pocket, well................

yeah your right and totally respect that but just feel surely there is some stuff that could be mentioned. i.e. draft stratergy, talls vs shorts.
and surley if it was anything like previous years, the thompson trade would have been discussed, though maybee with gregs departure the ferals may have not felt the need :)

Didn't we have this meeting the last few years?

And didn't it get reported all over this board?

Everything got posted on the boards after the draft.

If Essendon knew Dean Putt was one of our choices for Pick 18 then they might have jumped on him earlier in the draft. So with the later picks there is a small chance we could cost the club a player they rate if we reveal too much.

Just keep it under wraps until Saturday, you'll get all the information then.

I DOUT all the secrecy matters.

There is so much that can happen draft day to spoil even the bast laid plans.

And I doubt clubs will be drafting a player on the basis that "Richmond wanted him and that stufs their plan up".

Not doing themselves any favours in that regard.

And above all, while people may choose not to divulge details of what transpired at the meeting, there's probably plenty spruiking it around other places, like at home, in the office etc. we can be just as destructive.

Though if someone would be willing to PM me and tell me what was said (and which way we are leaing!), I'd like to know and WILL keep it to myself!

there will be a leak in information soon i feel, of all the people that went some guy will be too keen to share his knowledge with people like me.

i think its pretty obvious who were going to get anyway: vickery if he falls to 8 or hartlett if vickery isnt
available

Everything got posted on the boards after the draft.

If Essendon knew Dean Putt was one of our choices for Pick 18 then they might have jumped on him earlier in the draft. So with the later picks there is a small chance we could cost the club a player they rate if we reveal too much.

Just keep it under wraps until Saturday, you'll get all the information then.

Garbage.

There were posts the very next morning. Might have even been the same night.

Look it is a cool thing to make people feel like they are in the know.

But it's just like when Greg Miller cajoled Pahoff into not running for the board with the promise to 'work with me on drafting'. It's feel good stuff for all the Tiger faithful who take interest at this time of the year.

Like others have said, what is there to stop non-Richmond people (let alone Journalists or other club spies) from attending? Very little.

I'm all for the meeting and the illusion of being let in to the inner sanctum. If i'd been around I would have gone myself. But I would have gone to find out info about the players, not so that I could delude myself into thinking that i've been let in to some big secret.

If the RFC really were letting me in on a secret I would not be happy about the professionalism of the club to just spill the beans to random people.

Everyone needs to understand that our team of recruiting professionals will get the best possible result for the club with the available picks

Our performance during trade week proves our advanced recruiting and drafting capability; it was an outstanding trade week performance.

Not doubt that this ND will yield the same results.
Our recruiters and entire football dept has a synergy not seen at other clubs, they know and have the teams best interests firmly set in their sights.

Well done to TW and the entire football dept for setting a new standard in this clubs football operations area, making other clubs sit up and take notice :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone needs to understand that our team of recruiting professionals will get the best possible result for the club with the available picks

Our performance during trade week proves our advanced recruiting and drafting capability; it was an outstanding trade week performance.

Not doubt that this ND will yield the same results.
Our recruiters and entire football dept has a synergy not seen at other clubs, they know and have the teams best interests firmly set in their sights.

Well done to TW and the entire football dept for setting a new standard in this clubs football operations area, making other clubs sit up and take notice :thumbsu:

Are you a Mormon Sass, bored and waiting to door knock on the weekend?
Who do you really barrack for Sass?
Come on, you're a troll in sheep's clothing.

Also said last night that the run Chris Judas did in 10.29 mins was done quicker by Dan Jackson who ran a 10.06 and Matty White who did a 10.09, none of this made the papers though of course.

Also David King was very happy with Adam Thomson, reckons when the physical stuff is going on at training he really stands out.

Also said last night that the run Chris Judas did in 10.29 mins was done quicker by Dan Jackson who ran a 10.06 and Matty White who did a 10.09, none of this made the papers though of course.

Also David King was very happy with Adam Thomson, reckons when the physical stuff is going on at training he really stands out.

That' s so good to hear.

Good old Judd making the papers, they just fail to mention anyone else.

I've got a good feeling about Thomson, he could be the missing peace.....

Most people who had a clue, realised that 10.29 wasn't that great, he was just the best of a very average bunch.

Despite my hatred of Carlton, 10.29 for 3.8km (it was the tan wasn't it) is pretty friggen good...
OK, I worded that wrong.
Its good, but it was nowhere near as good as it was made out to be at all, but it was Chris Judd, you expect them to talk it up way out of proportion.
Although it was funny seeing all the Blue morons on BF blowing their load over it

Despite my hatred of Carlton, 10.29 for 3.8km (it was the tan wasn't it) is pretty friggen good...

nah mate it was the 3.2 around pricess park.still nothing to sneeze at but not headline worthy! I think it says a bit about the state of the bulldogs given there best was more than a minute worse.

OK, I worded that wrong.
Its good, but it was nowhere near as good as it was made out to be at all, but it was Chris Judd, you expect them to talk it up way out of proportion.
Although it was funny seeing all the Blue morons on BF blowing their load over it

nah mate it was the 3.2 around pricess park.still nothing to sneeze at but not headline worthy! I think it says a bit about the state of the bulldogs given there best was more than a minute worse.
Ah rightio.
Still a good time, but yeah, not quite the "freakish" time it was built up to be. Typical carlton over-hype!

Why would you have a draft meeting to discuss possible draftees to the club? Does tghis happen every year? Wouldn't you like to keep that in house rather than tell everyone before the draft? There could be spies everywhere & the information could fall upon the wrong ears, & we'd end up shooting ourselves in the foot. As the saying goes "loose lips, sink ships"

I asked the very same thing this time last year. As it turned out from the info that was posted, nothing really crucial was divulged at the meeting. More or less just a way to touch base with the members and keep the coffers ticking over during the off-season. Both of which are sound concepts.

1. half you guys must be smoking the funny stuff
2. the rfc are not going to give out any information that is confidential.
3. anything that was said last night would have been gone through by all concerned and given the ok.
4. the information released would be treated as public knowledge.
5. clubs have more pressing issues in the lead up to the draft then to scour the internet forumz and see which 5 players rfc rate with pick 70ish
and lastly
6. if the rfc is actually giving away confidential info to anyone willing to pull $80 out of there pocket, well................

All of this provides even more justification not to go into the details of the content of the meeting.

Posters who would like to recieve information should contact me or PHX via PM and we will pass the info to people on a case by case basis. Basically, those who are fairly regular posters are in line to recieve the info as soon as possible. For everyone else we will make it available Saturday morning. Please do not get upset if you ask and don't recieve a PM back.
what time sat please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back