Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking for some advice.

Was just about to grab a copy of the DVD and read 2/2 reviews on the JB Hi-Fi website saying quality isn't the best.

This was one remark:
"The quality is poor and loses focus when camera is further from the play as if copied from the afl smart replay. While watchable, its blurry and a little pixelated. Disappointed as was looking forward to great quality tv to rewatch the tigers win."

Anyone had any experience yet?
Does the DVD come with any extras that are worth paying for?

Otherwise i'll simply download a HD version as well as the pregame stuff etc.

Thoughts?

There are audio synch problems as well apparently. Wait for the bluray, hopefully they don't half arse that.

Oufff ok. Might download the 1080HD torrent and put together my own package then.

Does anyone know if the club will release something later on that has interviews, road to the finals type stuff etc? Could be worth waiting for that as well. :S

Oufff ok. Might download the 1080HD torrent and put together my own package then.

Does anyone know if the club will release something later on that has interviews, road to the finals type stuff etc? Could be worth waiting for that as well. :S
A set with all the finals.

I've watched the DVD nine or ten times :cool: and there's nothing wrong with the picture. Whoever is saying it's pixelated must have got a bootleg!!! The audio is fine as well, the radio commentaries that are on there are a little out of synch.
Victory Pack that Barry mentioned has all 3 finals, a highlights DVD and some special program that's supposedly exclusive to that pack. If they do the whole season box it may come with the highlights and special program. Might pay to wait a bit. Victory pack is $90. Entire season box for the Dogs is $120 at JB. I'm worried they may not do that if the Dogs one didn't sell well. I'm sure that's the first time they've done it.

I've watched the DVD nine or ten times :cool: and there's nothing wrong with the picture. Whoever is saying it's pixelated must have got a bootleg!!! The audio is fine as well, the radio commentaries that are on there are a little out of synch.
Victory Pack that Barry mentioned has all 3 finals, a highlights DVD and some special program that's supposedly exclusive to that pack. If they do the whole season box it may come with the highlights and special program. Might pay to wait a bit. Victory pack is $90. Entire season box for the Dogs is $120 at JB. I'm worried they may not do that if the Dogs one didn't sell well. I'm sure that's the first time they've done it.
Is the victory pack available now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are audio synch problems as well apparently. Wait for the bluray, hopefully they don't half arse that.

Less than a week away

fe55472d6602bafd94cae847bb905a44.jpg

Looking for some advice.

Was just about to grab a copy of the DVD and read 2/2 reviews on the JB Hi-Fi website saying quality isn't the best.

This was one remark:
"The quality is poor and loses focus when camera is further from the play as if copied from the afl smart replay. While watchable, its blurry and a little pixelated. Disappointed as was looking forward to great quality tv to rewatch the tigers win."

Anyone had any experience yet?

That is a very good summary of how mine is, which I'm returning for a refund. AFL Smart Replay is a very good comparison for how poor the video is. And it is pixelated and ghosty, especially in high movement video, which is often.

And the audio for the radio coverage is out by a couple of seconds. i.e. a free kick is paid and you don't hear the umpires whistle for a couple of seconds. Or the reaction of the crowd in a big moment. It's unwatchable.

And the radio audio is uncut against a cut video so you end up minutes behind in audio if you don't reset the chapter at the start of each quarter to get back to your 2 seconds behind.

I'm returning mine for a refund.

My recommendation. Wait for blu-ray, and if you haven't pre-ordered, wait for review from those who have to make sure they're actually delivered a product worth paying for.

There's a Victory Pack coming out in about a week which has all the finals, as well as a season review/highlights package. I got the GF DVD on the Sunday from PRO and it's true, the quality isn't the best and the radio commentary doesn't synch up with the vision.

I've pre ordered the victory pack in the hope that with some time to produce it properly, rather than overnight, these issues should be ironed out.

Yup, I paid $50 for the dvd at the family day after the grand final, it is rubbish. I have only watched it once, shame, but I will just consider the money as a donation to the club

Wow this is all very disappointing.

If the club want to maximize $$ from merch sales the quality has to be there.

You might accept picture and audio problems on a vid from your local Auskick clinic but not from an AFL club.

They should have delayed the distribution until it was spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back