Richmond to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
on the proviso they get their midfield back..

Johnson & the 4 C's - Cotchin, Couglan, Cousins and Connors.

Yes everyone loves bashing Richmond but when are these so called media experts going to actually spend some time analysing why they are just off the mark at the minute.

Its not that hard to see why.

The 5 guys above are their best midfielders....yes that's right so instead of rubbishing them and saying they are no good realise that losses to your best players in the middle results in losses of games of football....it aint that hard to understand.

Throw that 5 in with the current mix of mids and they will win more games then they lose, not to mention afew others they currently have out.

The Hawks have only one 1 more game then them and they struggled against Geelong and Sydney aswell without there full list of players.

How would the mighty blues go with their best 5 mids out of the game or any other Team for that matter.

Some of them may not be big names but they are their BEST. Once in the side they will release ''öther'' players to play other roles within the team.

The headlines of some of the papers tomorrow are pathetic to say the least...AXe to fall , bla bla bla .....just pathetic.

Do some research you pidgeons and WAKE UP.

Those guys aren't our best midfielders, but they certainly are an integral part of it.

Right now we have no depth in the middle, having to play guys like Edwards, Tambling and even Hislop through there.

However, if we get Cotchin, Coughlan and a fit Cousins back, suddenly we have some depth there and a good rotation throughout the game.

By no means are those guys superstars, but structure wise, they are as important to our side as Richo.

Yes everyone loves bashing Richmond but when are these so called media experts going to actually spend some time analysing why they are just off the mark at the minute.

The 5 guys above are their best midfielders....yes that's right so instead of rubbishing them and saying they are no good realise that losses to your best players in the middle results in losses of games of football....it aint that hard to understand.

Throw that 5 in with the current mix of mids and they will win more games then they lose, not to mention afew others they currently have out.

The Hawks have only one 1 more game then them and they struggled against Geelong and Sydney aswell without there full list of players.

How would the mighty blues go with their best 5 mids out of the game or any other Team for that matter.

Some of them may not be big names but they are their BEST. Once in the side they will release ''öther'' players to play other roles within the team.

The headlines of some of the papers tomorrow are pathetic to say the least...AXe to fall , bla bla bla .....just pathetic.

I think you make some good points.

The media fail to look at the reasons why they are failing, rather they are just happy to criticise the moment. They have played 3 of the best 6 sides in the first 3 games. I think most people would have had them being 1-2 or 0-3 (mostly 0-3) at the start of the year. Yes they have been disappointing with their application but it is not the end of the world and they wont be the last to be beaten by Geelong, Bulldogs and Carlton this year.

If they had played Brisbane, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Collingwood and had those results then maybe we would be able to say that they wont be able to compete for top 8 spot with those sides

I think they have a relatively good draw for the next 10-14 games and expect them to turn at the end of Round 16 with 8-9 wins. Now if you look at who they play in the last 6 weeks it is - Essendon, Melbourne, Sydney (MCG), Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast (Subi). You would think they could win 4-5 of those which would give them 13-14 wins for the year and a spot around 6,7,8.

I do realise that i may look stupid by years end, because i dont have the alot of faith in Richmond. Overall they have a good draw (especially in 2nd half) and we should not read too much into these first 3 weeks.

On second thoughts even their supporters have no idea so why blame the media.

Johnson - Is your number 1 stopper - run with player who gets his own pill, hard at it.

Cousins - well he's just Cousins a proven ball magnet.

Coughlan - your hardest and toughest midfielder.

Cotchin - Your best midfielder even though he has played 1 game.

Connors - Your best in and out midfielder, Hard at it as well and top 5 at the club by foot.

They are your starting 5 given they are fit.

Delidio, Foley, Tuck & Tambling get a gig there now because the above 5 arn't there.

Cotchin, Coughlan & Cousins are your starting 3 midfielders, like it or not.

Johnson is your 4th and then you start looking at players like Tuck, Foley Connors, Tambling and co.

Fair call, but we've got quality midfielders such as Deledio, Foley and Tuck who are although getting a lot of the ball, being very unproductive with it.
Tiges ''R'' gone baby, The mighty Dees are gunna wrap Delidio in his nappy, hand NBrown his 'manbag', send Wallett the contents of his desk, & buy Richardson a Gold hanky.

Thats all, season over Cubs, bottom 4 for U.

These guys are your best?
Sure, there's two proven players, but there's also two kids, and one injury-prone-hasn't-played-footy-for-2-years-former-star?

Glad Brisbane aren't reliant on two kids in Rich and Dalziell.

I might just tip the Dees.

Don't tease Tige fans with false hope... it's tacky.

The problem is, Richmond's percentage is so poor now, they are almost 'effectively' 4 games behind the 8 ... Right now, it's unrealistic to expect that the Tigers will make the finals, really right now they have to just take it one game/week at a time ..

On second thoughts even their supporters have no idea so why blame the media.

Coughlan - your hardest and toughest midfielder.

Cotchin, Coughlan & Cousins are your starting 3 midfielders, like it or not.

You cant be serious on Coughlan :eek:
The boy hasn't played for what 3 years and you rate him a top mid??

I think due to their bad start their confidence will be heaps down and will lose games they should of won any other time. So that could be the difference between making the 8 and missing out. But I haven't ruled them out of the 8 just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To this Hawks supporter who thinks he knows the list better than Tigers fans.

I really admire that you are actually anaylsing the list and not jumping on the Tigers hate bandwagon. I just think there are a few errors there.

Johnson is a solid tagger but does a job that other players should be able to do.

Coughlan was a fantastic player but has been out of the side for nearly 3 years now. If his loss is still meaning we lose games then the side isn't being managed right.

Cotchin will be a fantastic midfielder, but at this stage he's still getting 10-15 touches but impressing with his potential rather than his overall results (mostly- he has had a few fantastic overall games). Not having him play shouldn't affect short term chances.

Cousins we have only had for one game, we should still be able to win without him.

And Connors...he will hopefully be good, but I think you overrate him a bit.

Overall, it is a big loss but it shouldn't be an excuse for losing alot of games.

However, even if we had those 3 we would very likely be 0-3.

The media just need to look at who we lost to to see why we haven't won.

And to the person who said that our perecentage is beyond repair, we have hadd about 150 points of total losses so far. This can be easily made up, we play Melbourne this weekend. Rd 22 last year we beat them by 80. Another game like that and we are half way there already.

If I was a Richmond supporter I'd be VERY VERY scared re this weeks game

although they pushed the Cats I believe they were well down on their capabilities in that game.

their game plan is terrible and their skills are shocking

Melbourne are EVERY chance to be right in the game this week and if they win its bye bye to Wallace and have fun in the bottom rungs of the ladder for the year

nervous times ahead this week

I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond made the 8 - they are notoriously slow starters and I believe they'll get their $hit together soon enough. Their players are simply playing with ZERO confidence right now.

0-3 is a realistic expectation for who they've played, so issues on that are just media beatup. The concern should be how they've actually played in those games, yesterday against the Bulldogs was terrible.

The game itself was poor, and the Bulldogs were far from great. But whether its the game plan or the players deviating from that, the Tigers obsession with playing a possession game while also displaying an inability to hit targets is a major concern.

The Tiges possibly need to bottom out to pick up consecutive years of high draft picks a la St Kilda (pity about Gold Coast about to get all the cream), and start to rebuild their side. Picking up Cousins suggests they are still in denial about their list quality.

These guys are your best?
Sure, there's two proven players, but there's also two kids, and one injury-prone-hasn't-played-footy-for-2-years-former-star?

Glad Brisbane aren't reliant on two kids in Rich and Dalziell.

I might just tip the Dees.
so conners is passed the likes of foley, deledio, tuck, white.

although they pushed the Cats I believe they were well down on their capabilities in that game.

Melbourne are EVERY chance to be right in the game this week and if they win its bye bye to Wallace and have fun in the bottom rungs of the ladder for the year

even if we do lose this week, our list is to talented to finish bottom 4.

Meh most of us want Terry gone anyway, and a loss to Melbourne will seal that fate.

Of course I want us to win, but I'm certainly not "nervous".

Picking up Cousins suggests they are still in denial about their list quality.

Exhibit A

even if we do lose this week, our list is to talented to finish bottom 4.

The Tigers are terrible. Hope Melbourne smash them this weekend and send Punt Rd into meltdown.

Definite brown underpants stuff.

That said, it is a very very familiar position we are in. Bad pain, but a familiar one. Kinda like alcoholism I guess.

Losing the ones you expect to win is harder - just ask the Blues fans today!

Go tiges:thumbsu:

Any smart Richmond supporter will be looking for aloss this weekend so that they can finally cut Terry loose.

Forget analysing the list. There is one guy who heads the list up, and is responsible for bringing it together that needs to take the heat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back