Richmond Vs Carlton round 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YOUTUBE]2xNhR7YOmPE[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh Richo. Brad Miller is gonna do a Richo on Thursday.

I have a good feeling about this match. Carn the Tigers!

That first 1:20 reminds me just how good Foley is... If he can put some of that form together on Thursday night, we will be in for a close game :thumbsu::thumbsu:

There were still no upper level seats on sale tonight. Sales look shit. Looks like alot of people not willing to open their purse, but preferring to stay home and drink cocoa under the blanket in the bedroom :cool:

Don't forget the tim tams (and if we get up, i will definately try and have a lash at the missus as well - while i'm snuggling under the blanky). Guess i'll have to dust off the snuggy for another winter:cool:

There were still no upper level seats on sale tonight. Sales look shit. Looks like alot of people not willing to open their purse, but preferring to stay home and drink cocoa under the blanket in the bedroom :cool:
Upper level seating is general admission i.e. walk up seating for those who rock up on the night. Ticketek won't sell these unless it looks like being a sell out, which this one won't be given there is no real drawcard to bring the masses. Still the expected 69k is a decent enough crowd.

hey boys hope you don't mind my dropping in but wouldn't mind having a little punt on this game Thursday night, and certainly do not condone gambling by any means:eek: but can't seem to get a good gauge on just where the Tigers are at from the pre-season which counts for nothing of course. Team sheet isn't out yet but I reckon the Blues are gonna be switched on this season and starting this Thursday have heard positive vibes coming out and from previous meetings they have had some big opening wins but so far the best bet looks to be the Blues over 15.5 points paying around $1.75, that's basically a close game in the eyes of bookies. Can just see the Blues snapping that 1 or 2 goals late to push the margin beyond 4 goals. Any tiger supporter have a good feel on how they will start the season? Hardly heard anything from the media either

That first 1:20 reminds me just how good Foley is... If he can put some of that form together on Thursday night, we will be in for a close game :thumbsu::thumbsu:
I was thinking the exact same thing myself. Absolutely burned judd off despite taking a bounce and slowing up to steady himself for a kick! Then burns off another player to kick a goal. One of the best games I've ever seen from a tigers midfielder because he kept us in it with a few patches of individual brilliance but also played a consistent team game - right up there with Knights in the semi final against essendon in 1995.

Guys I was just wondering if there is any way to pre-buy General admission tickets. I know they aren't usually avaliable before the game and you usually have to buy at the door but I do remeber a few instances where they have been released before hand. So if anyone knows that would be greatly helpful

As for the game, Carlton deserve to be favourites but I am hopefully (and have a feeling) that we'll do well. There back and forward halfs aren't that special. And then in the midfield lets go head to head with them and see where we are at. Cotchin, Foley, Martin, Jackson vs Judd, Murphy, Gibbs (HB?) and Carrazo. Of course I'm sure we'll see Deledio and Grigg going through the middle aswell.
I say bring it on.

which section on the ponsford stand level 1 behind the goals is general admission

None unless you stand.

GA seating is all top level.

General Admission Public Seating
Great Southern Stand: Q1–Q15
Ponsford Stand: Q29–Q36
Olympic Stand: Q49–Q57

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which gate number are the richmond cheer squad sitting closest to this game?
it's an away game right? cause just reserving some tickets and making sure i'm sitting at the right end - there's M4 seats (Gate 4) and M32 (Gate 1) seats left.
WHICH END!? city? that's gate 1 yeah?
i don't want to get it wrong haha

Seriously thinking if the weathers poor, we should only go in with two talls in the forward line. Miller may be a handy sub if Jack runs out of steam due to match fitness. Should the forward line read:
HF: Houli, Jack, Morton
FF: Nahas, Vickery, Edwards/Taylor?
I reckon we are going to need a bit of pace on the deck as it wont be a "marking" night.
Thoughts.

Seriously thinking if the weathers poor, we should only go in with two talls in the forward line. Miller may be a handy sub if Jack runs out of steam due to match fitness. Should the forward line read:
HF: Houli, Jack, Morton
FF: Nahas, Vickery, Edwards/Taylor?
I reckon we are going to need a bit of pace on the deck as it wont be a "marking" night.
Thoughts.

I think we need an effective defensive forward amongst that lot captain. I wonder if Tuck or Jackson might line up on a half forward flank. IN particular with Yarran floating around there, need someone to take him to the goal square at times and make him accountable, as well as being able to shut him down when they get the ball in the back half.

I think we need an effective defensive forward amongst that lot captain. I wonder if Tuck or Jackson might line up on a half forward flank. IN particular with Yarran floating around there, need someone to take him to the goal square at times and make him accountable, as well as being able to shut him down when they get the ball in the back half.

Yeah and that's the problem with King being out, we lack a quick defensive forward. I wonder if Titch can fill the void for a week. I believe Tuck should finish his playing days on a HFF. He is strong overhead, and generally a very reliable shot for goal. My opinion anyway.

OMGEEE CANT BELIEVE THE GAME IS TOMORROW!! AND IM MISSING IT ON THE RADIO because ive got a rugby game against another school. fingers crossed we'll win and get a streak going. hopefully titch has improved on his clumsy skill during the nab cup challenge and deledio has gone serious now

Is Aasron Joseph still going around for them? Just wondering who they will play on Cotchin, don't think they will just let him go head to head.

Upper level seating is general admission i.e. walk up seating for those who rock up on the night. Ticketek won't sell these unless it looks like being a sell out, which this one won't be given there is no real drawcard to bring the masses. Still the expected 69k is a decent enough crowd.

My feeling is it will be nearer 65K than 69K. With Richmond at home 70K would be possible but unlikely.

It's a Carlton home game and their matchgoing core is that bit smaller than ours so a big crowd needs a huge tiger away turnout. We don't really believe we are going to win after a rubbish pre season and won't turn up to an away game in the numbers needed to break 69/70K.

To be honest I have a bad feeling about this game. I would love to be wrong but I think we'll be beaten out the door. Tankers by about 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back