Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS - Team Discussion

Can't belive both McGuane and Thursfeild have kept there spots IMO it makes our backline look second rate. i can put up with one of them but seriously they have been at the club for 5 or 6 years now and have not shown anything that says they will be in our next premiership side however far off that is. i would rather see Post or Gourdis come in and settle down at centre half back just to see whether they have what it takes or not.

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS

I was talking to Matty white at Jb last Thursday and he said he was always going to be in the team against Gold Coast.. I reckon he will have a field day and use his pace...

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS

Chin up little boy. Just keep getting angrier and angrier as Hardwick puts short term victories to the side with a longer term view of sustained success. Go barrack for Collingwood if you want to support a team that is winning. If Hardwick was taking the "shortcuts" Wallace did you'd be up in arms! Go into the kitchen and get a nice glass of reality!!!!

At least my glass is only half full not overflowing like yours idiot.

Browne up against a guy of similar age and experience, so a true test for him. Smith abt 6 mths older believe it or not.

Anyways, extending on why I said the changes were poor - hard to see what direction we're taking.

These are Hardwick's exact words -
In the forward half I thought Ben Griffiths and Jayden Post showed some encouraging signs. It was only Ben's seventh AFL game, and Jayden's 18th.
We simply have to get as much experience into these players as possible for us to develop a team capable of achieving sustained success.

Looks like he's talking shit then. Post dropped after 1 game again. Feel sorry for the kid. He's shuffled around up forward, then up back (they then say they want to develop him in one position back there) and the very next week they go back on their word and play him as a forward/ruck. Would be hard enough trying to adapt to the level in 1 game let alone playing different roles each week.

Why not this week play him up back and KEEP him there for more than 1 game and let him settle. Surely we're taking the piss with both McGuane and Thursfield in the side. Aren't we meant to be developing a team? These 2 have no hope of a future in a successful side. Post against the GC kids could've given him some confidence yet we stick with the deficient players who have gotten us no where in their 7+ years. Post will probably struggle to make it but I would like it to be because I know for sure it was a lack of talent, etc not from pathetic development.

Secondly, White straight back in when he got injured playing in the 2's after being dropped. The team really must've missed his 11 touches and 0.7 goals a game. A much superior Mitch Morton found some form and racked it up in the 2's in a good win but White is straight back in with no games behind him after a 3-4 week layoff. If he's a locked and loaded selection then blow me down we're in massive strife.

Thirdly, Jackson and Edwards continue to get away with poor performances yet Hardwick probably scratches his head as to why our midfield get smashed each week. Both a big part of the reason why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tuesdays with Terry"
"Direct from Dimma"

both have a kind of symmetry..........

Strange twist as Terry has a voice for email and Hardwick has quite a good speaking voice.

Hope the symmetry is not result wise.

New concept for the future though...

"Performance from the Players"

Just dont understand why Post is not just left there for the rest of the year like most people on this board.

Strange twist as Terry has a voice for email and Hardwick has quite a good speaking voice.

Hope the symmetry is not result wise.

New concept for the future though...

"Performance from the Players"

Just dont understand why Post is not just left there for the rest of the year like most people on this board.

This :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

And i cant understand why post hasnt been left there, maybe he didnt chamois the coaches car properly, dit it rain in melbourne?

Anyways, extending on why I said the changes were poor - hard to see what direction we're taking.

These are Hardwick's exact words -

Looks like he's talking shit then. Post dropped after 1 game again. Feel sorry for the kid. He's shuffled around up forward, then up back (they then say they want to develop him in one position back there) and the very next week they go back on their word and play him as a forward/ruck. Would be hard enough trying to adapt to the level in 1 game let alone playing different roles each week.

Why not this week play him up back and KEEP him there for more than 1 game and let him settle. Surely we're taking the piss with both McGuane and Thursfield in the side. Aren't we meant to be developing a team? These 2 have no hope of a future in a successful side. Post against the GC kids could've given him some confidence yet we stick with the deficient players who have gotten us no where in their 7+ years. Post will probably struggle to make it but I would like it to be because I know for sure it was a lack of talent, etc not from pathetic development.
Is it possible that Post only played last week because Browne was out and we needed that extra big man? Now with Browne coming back in and Vickery moving back to the forwardline we don't need Post down there this week. No real point putting him down back either if they are planning on developing him as a forward/pinch hit ruckman.

No real point putting him down back either if they are planning on developing him as a forward/pinch hit ruckman.

I don't think they have any idea where they want to develop him or what they want to do. Just the other week Leppa said they decided they would send Post back to Coburg to learn a new role (up back). He was in the bests or close to BOG at Coburg. The week after he came in and played CHB and was okay then fast forward only 1 week they go back on that word and play him as a forward/ruck against Essendon. Then dropped again. No common sense there whatsoever. I'm confused just as much as they're it seems.

Hardwick says he wants to pump games into the likes of Post and Griffiths yet his actions do not back up his words (in Post's case). This doesn't apply just for this week either, he's been treated shabbily for a number of weeks with the constant dropping after 1 game and shifting him around.

FFS why do we continue to pick the worst player of all time?

I need to clear something up:

There never has been and never will be another player as completely useless as Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls.

Don't forget that.

A touch disappointed with the selections. If Jack has suspected cracked ribs, why wouldn't you leave Post in and give Jack a rest. I reckon Vickery, Post and Griffiths could still be potent enough to win the game. If Dimma is selecting fit players then Jack shouldn't be in. I'm almost willing to bet either Mortin or Tuck has signed with GWS. It's the only reason i can think of as to why they can't get a game. Jackson and Edwards are bloody lucky in my eyes.

I don't think they have any idea where they want to develop him or what they want to do. Just the other week Leppa said they decided they would send Post back to Coburg to learn a new role (up back). He was in the bests or close to BOG at Coburg. The week after he came in and played CHB and was okay then fast forward only 1 week they go back on that word and play him as a forward/ruck against Essendon. Then dropped again. No common sense there whatsoever. I'm confused just as much as they're it seems.

Hardwick says he wants to pump games into the likes of Post and Griffiths yet his actions do not back up his words (in Post's case). This doesn't apply just for this week either, he's been treated shabbily for a number of weeks with the constant dropping after 1 game and shifting him around.

I think Post has been a bit unlucky. But Dimma is still getting games into kids, as he is bringing in Browne. It looks like they feel Post is a forward, but isn't showing enough. He isn't being developed poorly, they are only bringing him in cos of injury. Better than bringing in Miller.

It does seem a bit strange, but clearly they will have JR, Vicks and Griff up forward with Browne in the ruck. You can't put Post anywhere.

Down back they must feel he won't make it, as they have Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Moore who they feel more confident with long term, plus McGuane and Thursty still doing well.

We can only guess what goes on behind closed doors, and what it is that they ask of the players. Maybe Post just isn't doing it. Maybe he just isn't following the game plan. Same with the White and Morton thing. I've never rated White, and I would love to see Morton played as a mid, but even in his good games at Coburg, maybe he hasn't done anything Dimma asked of him. Maybe he was playing selfish footy.

We can only play so many tall forwards. We would be too top heavy if we went in with Griffiths Riewoldt Vickery Post all up forward so someone has to make way, with Vickery able to cover the ruck when Browne needs a break and in better form than Post as a forward he stays. That means its either Griffiths or Post that go, for mine Griffiths looked more likely last week especially with a handful of contested marks so he stays and Post has to wait for another opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back