Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richmond Vs. GCS - Team Discussion

Also i have said he has Got better this year. However i recall Madtiger saying how much Graham got better last year and look at him now.

Post goes to the same School as Hughes and the Tomma Hawk from Geelong.
Wow, bloody overated Post and Goo are. Did you not see the game against Essendon last week?? I was at the game last week and Post had 2 shots at goal from 45m and he couldn't even make the distance. Didn't even provide much, him and Hislop only had 11 possessions.
Goo... on the day that he played against Melbourne everyone was calling for his head, and rightfully should be as he is absolutely useless. Now that he isn't playing you want him in.

Tuck, Morton, Farmer are emergencies. All in the top 5 in the Coburg win. Good job, selection team.

What's wrong with White coming in? He might not provide anything in terms of absolute excellent disposal but he does provide things defensively. Did you not see Dustin Martin kick the ball to the opposition against Melbourne/Essendon???

Agree with most of delediofan3 and RT's thoughts.

We've decided we have to play a ruckman.
The ruckman we prefer to play is Browne.
We have to drop someone to play the ruckman.
We need to move Vick back forward to accommodate the ruckman.
To accommodate Vick we need to remove a tall forward.
Who do we remove, Jack/Griff/Post?
We remove Post.

And to the guys saying what about Thursty and McG. They are obviously very defensive defenders with not a lot of upside, but without them the goals will rain down more than they do so already. Post is not capable of playing a defensive role.
He has shown glimpses up forward but at this stage we actually have a number of young guys with alot of potential that are above him in the pecking order. I can only hope he goes back to Coburg and lines up at FF/CHF. When Vick turns into our number one ruck Post can slot straight in.

Hoping the ground and ball are dry so are fowards can mark and more skill is involved.

Off to take a peek at the tiges going thru their hit out very soon.
weather is warmish and overcast now, around 25C. but starting to cool down a bit mid arvo as it does in the tropics.

PRETTY SURE conditions will be superb for footy 2morro and a DRY track and slight breeze looks almost a certainty. Expecting us to be a 12-15 goal better side than the Darwin debarcle.:thumbsu:

We've decided we have to play a ruckman.
The ruckman we prefer to play is Browne.
We have to drop someone to play the ruckman.
We need to move Vick back forward to accommodate the ruckman.
To accommodate Vick we need to remove a tall forward.
Who do we remove, Jack/Griff/Post?
We remove Post.

Solid reasoning, you are correct - but it doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

I would have preferred Graham over Browne, and to be honest my real preference would be to leave it as it was last week. I would like a bit more of a look at Vicks as the primary ruck.

What kind of sick bastards would make Tuck first emergency five weeks in a row? If they don't want to play him, don't play him - why do this to him on a weekly basis?

I've watched this club do some outrageous things to itself and its players over the years, but this one is right up there - like they're doing their utmost to rub his nose in it, and for what gain, to him or the club? If it were any other facet of life, we'd be questioning the match committee's competence and asking why they're acting in such a ridiculous, childish manner towards a player who has always been a tremendous club servant.

Regardless of whether or not people think Tuck should play again, I can't see how anyone could argue that this current situation is defensible or say that it isn't reflecting poorly on the club. :thumbsdown:

Browne in? :(

We are 17th in the league for almost every stat to do with centre bounces, yet Tucky stays at Coburg. :confused: I understand we want to develop our young mids, but their bodies are probably taking its toll being our number 1 mids.

Solid reasoning, you are correct - but it doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

I would have preferred Graham over Browne, and to be honest my real preference would be to leave it as it was last week. I would like a bit more of a look at Vicks as the primary ruck.
Browne has no endurance what-so-ever. He'll be smashed by Zac Smith with the conditions tomorrow.

Tuck in for Grigg. Will be Final Changes.

Gold Coast have been pretty good around the clearances and Centre Breaks, but everytime they take it forward, it comes back just as fast. Not a lot of forward structure. Suspect Lids will have a good game rebounding from half-back, similar to the Brisbane game.

What kind of sick bastards would make Tuck first emergency five weeks in a row? If they don't want to play him, don't play him - why do this to him on a weekly basis?

I've watched this club do some outrageous things to itself and its players over the years, but this one is right up there - like they're doing their utmost to rub his nose in it, and for what gain, to him or the club? If it were any other facet of life, we'd be questioning the match committee's competence and asking why they're acting in such a ridiculous, childish manner towards a player who has always been a tremendous club servant.

Regardless of whether or not people think Tuck should play again, I can't see how anyone could argue that this current situation is defensible or say that it isn't reflecting poorly on the club. :thumbsdown:

Just because a player is named first emergency doesn't mean they come in first bro. If it hasn't clcked for you yet that Tuck is out of favour with the match committee then you aren't likely to enjoy the next few weeks either;)

Obviously Hardwick doesn't rate Tucks use of the pill and would prefer guys who get it less but use it better. Sure Tuck wins the hard ball but she goes anywhere when he attempts to put it anywhere near his foot.

Strangely enough, I don't know any non-Richmond supporters who think anything of it. They all either don't really rate him, or figure he's too old.

I wonder if he's named as emg just in case one of our top line mids have to pull out - Cotch, Dusty, Axel, Jacko, Lids, etc. Not really sure though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

strangely enough, i don't know any non-richmond supporters who think anything of it. They all either don't really rate him, or figure he's too old.

I wonder if he's named as emg just in case one of our top line mids have to pull out - cotch, dusty, axel, jacko, lids, edwards and in previous weeks, farmer, hislop etc. Not really sure though.

efa.....

Gold Coast have been pretty good around the clearances and Centre Breaks, but everytime they take it forward, it comes back just as fast. Not a lot of forward structure. Suspect Lids will have a good game rebounding from half-back, similar to the Brisbane game.

Nice to see you watch AFL Teams on foxsports. :thumbsu:

Strangely enough, I don't know any non-Richmond supporters who think anything of it. They all either don't really rate him, or figure he's too old.

I wonder if he's named as emg just in case one of our top line mids have to pull out - Cotch, Dusty, Axel, Jacko, Lids, etc. Not really sure though.

My non Richmond mates all reckon he is easily best 22 and should get a game.

Off to take a peek at the tiges going thru their hit out very soon.
weather is warmish and overcast now, around 25C. but starting to cool down a bit mid arvo as it does in the tropics.

PRETTY SURE conditions will be superb for footy 2morro and a DRY track and slight breeze looks almost a certainty. Expecting us to be a 12-15 goal better side than the Darwin debarcle.:thumbsu:
Thats great, thanks mate. Will the ball be wet due to the humidity?

Barnzy yet again is right on the money. I would give him 80% accuracy with his opinions. **** McGuane and Thursty. Put Post in there.
i've been on this board since 08 (the peter sassegum days :)). I reckon Barnzy has been critical of team selection pretty much every week, apart from the odd week that jade the blade was in charge and maybe 1 week in 10 for Hardwick. A constant theme is promoting players 23 or under at the expense of older players. And for where Richmond is now it is hard to argue with that approach.

However, generally speaking when it comes to the development of our talls - rucks kpps - I'm going to have a bit of faith in our coaching panel, (despite the fact that I am pissed off at us having dropped just 3 players following our last 2 pathetic efforts). Leppa and Lade have played enough successful elite footy to know their stuff and together with Dimma can be trusted.

In this particular case, Post has been steadily improving despite what does appear on the surface to be shabby treatment. We'll never know the full story of what he (or Gourdis) are being told they need to work on and where they fit in our longer term plans - or McGuane or Thursfield for that matter. But we'll have great fun dissecting team selection each week - always good for at least 100 odd posts on BF.

Of those 4 I expect Thursfield will be elsewhere in 2012, McGuane I'd love to think would be traded, but I suspect our coaches see something in him (probably his spirit and toughness ala King) that will see him around Tigerland for a few more seasons at least. And I'm seriously hoping that Gourdis and Post get plenty of opportunity in next 7 matches to show clearly one way or another whether they have a future at Punt Rd.

Thank god Tuck will be gone at the end ofd the year and then all the sooky la las can whine about someone else.

No one cares what you think...

And get it right...no one has whined or sooked ala about Tuckys non-selection...

In fact they have championed and reasoned for his recall and inclusion in the tigers side...

And going by the teams current performance on the field...have every right to do so...

No one cares what you think...

And get it right...no one has whined or sooked ala about Tuckys non-selection...

In fact they have championed and reasoned for his recall and inclusion in the tigers side...

And going by the teams current performance on the field...have every right to do so...

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

wasnt that long ago when people were whinging about players being gifted games and NOT earning them through performance...........My how times have changed in the name of DEVELOPMENT.

Great message...perform and get dropped, meandar along and get rewarded.

sigh
wasnt so long ago THursty, Moore and McG were our young musketeers, getting games pumped into them after Gaspar fded off and we had no one else tall to put down back.

Bring back the Kellaways I say!

Grimes Batch and Houli look good tho, wtf happened to Connors?

Connors got injured (quad) in round 2 against the Hawks and then re injured it in his return at Coburg in round 4 and he has been out with a persistent quad injury ever since
He is supposed to be playing this week at Coburg he could have played last week but they decided to take an extra week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Richmond Vs. GCS - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back