Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James said:
You sir, are an idiot. We have an awesome batch of young kids, that are getting a game in our 22 and playing brilliantly. Right up there with any other group of youngsters you care to name.

We have a lot of veteran depth which is a great aspect of our side. teh fact these kids are keeping players like Nahtna Brown, Wheatley, Bizzel and Ferguson OUT of the team just shows how good they are.

Bate
Dunn
Chris Johnson
Bartram
McLean
Sylvia

*Arguably I could include Paul Johnson, Rivers, Davey in that list also.

I challenge you to find a better group of youngsters than that.
They are all C-D grade players.

m.diddy said:
They are all C-D grade players.

Nathan Brown? Perhaps they are, but they are level headed veterans who can all play handy roles. Any good team needs role players. And they've been usurped by a group of young kids on the improve.

I tell ya, I'd rather have a C grade veteran like Doggy Brown being a good influence on the young kids and busting his gut trying to get into the senior side than have some 5th round draft pick who won't get a game.

If some halfwit thinks that means we have an old list and are therefore disqualified from having good youngsters, then so be it.

DG-Man said:
You don't need to educate me. By your logic, Carltons youngsters at the Bullants (on top of the ladder...just to educate you) must be awesome. Kennedy the next Wayne Carey, Sultana O'Hailphin the next Jimmy Stynes!
Demons list, including Sandy players looks pretty av to me. I think you will start a fairly rapid slide down the ladder in coming years. That kid Smith (highlighted him for you) is a hack. Saw him play for Sandy the other week. I think she sleeps with the light on!!

nah mate you actually highlighted Rohan Smith, but yeah I agree Nick Smith is no Wayne Carey.

Saintsrule.....you cant honestly say you didnt know what rj meant by melbourne having a young list. Oh but what about the title you whinge! Then how about the part refering to the melbourne richmond battle on friday night? Wouldnt it be more fitting then to work out the average age of the starting 22 rather than the whole list that contains a bunch of ageing hacksthat arnt gonna play again?
Use your brains and a little common sense before you write pedantic crap.

Also...id reckojn the bulldogs would give both sides a run for their money with youth. Theyd be the top there though....i gues brissy aswell.

Gaza_Stripper said:
Also...id reckojn the bulldogs would give both sides a run for their money with youth. Theyd be the top there though....i gues brissy aswell.

Exactly what I said!

Now since I do not believe that either Melb or Richmond has the best group of young players, I do not see the relevance of humouring rj. It's more fun to bait him and watch him have his little tanties, thinking he is insulting people when all he is doing is reflecting upon his own lack of intellect.

This is a circular argument and people's opinions depend on their personal observations and in many cases prejudices. It's all subjective. How can it be demonstrated that one team's younger players are better than anothers? Much depends on the support they get from the older playing group. And he has not defined what he means by 'young'. Is it under 20 or under 23. If it is the latter, then the Saints don't look too shabby. If it is the former then I'd have to say the Bulldogs because, given their long term injuries to older players of the calibre of Darcy, Murphy, Hahn, not to mention the others, the young players still are performing very well. If the equivalent players were lost to Melbourne, the younger players wouldn't look as good. That is my opinion, based on my observation.

as a non biased poster, quite frankly, anybody who thinks that Melbournes young players arent much chop clearly has never watched them, doesnt know anything about footy or both

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond VS Melbourne: Battle of the two best young lists in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back