Richmond vs North: Who will win and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No King either.

Grimes will be really good so will Batch in the future.

Missing them but the Roos fell over like a deck of paper cards last week.

I'm sure Boomer will be pumping the chest for this weeks game to try to draw on wins this year with the mighty Tigers.

Our future looks brighter.

In a close one,the infamous Richmond haters,the umpires, might get you over the line.

No King either.

I'm sure Boomer will be pumping the chest for this weeks game to try to draw on wins this year with the mighty Tigers.

In a close one,the infamous Richmond haters,the umpires, might get you over the line.

Last time the "infamous Richmond haters" got you over the line awarding an absolute joke of a free kick to Martin.

No King either.

You should go read an article written by D.Bourke and listen to the comments made by Paul Roos. Richmond wins to get 9th place means nothing at all. Always give false hope for the year after, its happened the last 10 plus years. Yet the supporters still hold onto hope. Just learn to shut up and your time will come.

You should go read an article written by D.Bourke and listen to the comments made by Paul Roos. Richmond wins to get 9th place means nothing at all. Always give false hope for the year after, its happened the last 10 plus years. Yet the supporters still hold onto hope. Just learn to shut up and your time will come.

Actually it means your better than 8 teams, rather than just 7, or 6 or 5.

In Round 22, whichever team wants it more wins. Geelong will beat Collingwood, St. Kilda will beat Carlton, Port will beat Melbourne.

I think Richmond wants this one more than North, so Richmond.

Let's not forget when the heat was on we won earlier in the year between these two teams.

So all these North supporters saying they are missing x and y so that's why we should win is pretty laughable.

Both teams not at full strength. We are in better form. Despite what the unknowlegable Nathan Burke says, our late seasons wins against the finals bound Swans and the in form Adelaide in Adelaide was impressive for the second youngest team in the league. Sign of maturity. I wouldn't underrate our win over Melbourne who we have always matched up badly with. We were headed in the last but fought back to win.

I'd say it will be close, both teams are around the same level, but just on form we should win. If it was the MCG I would definitely be more confident.

Will be good to see some great young talent out there.

Let's not forget when the heat was on we won earlier in the year between these two teams.

So all these North supporters saying they are missing x and y so that's why we should win is pretty laughable.

We also had significant injuries then. But the fact is you took your chances in the last and we didn't.

Yeah good one. If you want to pull out the stereotypes enjoy following your merged / relocated / non-existent club 10 years from now.

Only reason I want us to win is to give Rawlings the farewell he deserves and if the rumors about Pratt are true and he lines up then I hope we can win it for him too. Other then that I really couldn't give a f***. If we finish 9th, 10th or 11th who gives a shit doesn't really make a difference except for te fact that some immature folk will get some bragging material to keep there life's going for the off season. In my complete honest opinion I think Richmond will win. We are not without chance but the loss of Ziebs and Greenwood will hurt us in the clearance department so Cotchin and Martin may have a field day. And then we lose the polish and run of Wells.

Will be good to see how Aaron Black goes. There were huge raps on this kid before he was drafted and unfortunately ran into serious OP and other injuries. So hopefully he can come out and play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kinda funny how at the start of the year there was all this debate about which of the three teams coming off a rebuild (Melbourne, North, and Richmond) was going to have the best year, and here we are all separated by half a win.

I like North. So many people were writing them off when they were 2-7. It's a credit to them that they put their season back together.

See, it's happened once, in 08 and 09. Your memory is terrible if that's all you remember. We've been shit and stayed shit, for a while

I was disappointed with those comments. They just stated the obvious.

He said that Richmond wins the games that don't matter. All tiger supporters know that we have been a poor team in the past. Poor teams are poor teams because they don't win the games that matter. If they did, they would be good teams! Did Paul Roos want us to TANK? To purposely lose these last few games? Imagine the roast we would be receiving if that was the case! Sometimes, no matter what you do you cannot satisfy people!

I think it's great that Dimma is turning the culture around on the back of some quality youngsters like Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt and Vickery. Late season victories in the past have been on the back of veterans like Richo. So I (rightfully or wrongfully) believe there is a big difference to the latest renaissance!

Go tigers.

Oh yes, I think they will win but wish it was at our real home ground, the "G".

I've already posted about Roos comments and agree with him.

He doesn't put Richmond down.

He just wants us to keep improving and not rest on what we've achieved this year.

After all a strong Richmond equals a strong AFL.

He gave our elite players a great rap.

I will listen to him because the bloke knows how to win premierships and I think Dimma is the perfect coach for us.

He keeps learning week by week and takes everything in.

I will be disappointed if we get blown away this week.

Boomer Harvey will be punching his chest this week lol.

WE better be ready for the Gypsies.

It's kinda funny how at the start of the year there was all this debate about which of the three teams coming off a rebuild (Melbourne, North, and Richmond) was going to have the best year, and here we are all separated by half a win.

I like North. So many people were writing them off when they were 2-7. It's a credit to them that they put their season back together.

Good post, i think its fair to say none of the teams had the years they hoped for but also developed players and games plans which should hold them in good stead going forward. More of the same debate over the off season id think ;). Tiges have been impressive of late so id say they should start slight favourites.

Pointless game.
If it werent for it being Rawlings last game its a total dead rubber.
But then last week we could of made finals for Brady so i got nfi.
North usually beats the shitter teams but all in all i wanna see skills sess after skills sess now. Lot of work to do in preseason.

richmond again have failed when it has matted and to give their supporters hope for another year they will reach 9th i feel sorry for the supporters show good form late in the season to give them hope of finals next year and the to finish 9th again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back