Remove this Banner Ad

pete18

Rookie
Sep 13, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
if richo was up for trade what would geelong have to trade to get him, do u think spriggs and a second round pick is suffiecent for richo ?

Originally posted by pete18
if richo was up for trade what would geelong have to trade to get him, do u think spriggs and a second round pick is suffiecent for richo ?

Why not offer your old sneakers instead??

If you're serious, you have no idea.

Originally posted by catattack
Try a 3-way deal...

Pick #6 + Pick #21 + Street --> Bulldogs
Spriggs + Brown + Pick #34--> Richmond
Richo + 4th Rounder --> Geelong

Well said, cattack.

:p

Seriously,

Break it down like this.

- Brown + #33 for #6 + 21 (That's the price for Brown...no less).
- Spriggs for Richo (Richo's value on here is grossly overvalued).
- Street for 4th Rounder (Nobody will offer more for an otherwise delistable ruckman).

Richo

doubt Richo will go to Geelong. Dogs will trade Brown to Richmond for either Holland and pick 6 or Richo and a 2nd round pick. Peter Street is worth no more than a round two pick, so that's what the dogs will send to Geelong for him, or if a trade can't be made they will pick Street up with the first pick in the pre-season draft....

Spriggs as good as Richo.... funny stuff :D

I don't know how many geelong supporters i speak on behalf of, if any at all, but...PLEASE GOD NO!!!!

i like richo as a bloke on the footy show or whatever, but i wouldn't give any of our kids for him.

if the geelong match committee has any sense at all...don't do it!!

Originally posted by turtlemanistic
why not?
it sounds like a pretty good deal to me, although i'd keep spriggs and give clarke

attitude or not, richo still has more talent in his left pinky then clarke has in his whole body. if you want good players you have to give good players, not deadwood like clarke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't we try for somebody worthwhile... Whitnall anybody?

This is some kind of joke right!! Worthwhile and Whitnall are two words that dont go together. If we are saying no to Richo, then it should be a ****ING NO CHANCE IN HELL to Whitnall. He is the most over-rated player in the AFL, not to mention useless.

Re: Richo

Originally posted by Wheels29
Peter Street is worth no more than a round two pick, so that's what the dogs will send to Geelong for him, or if a trade can't be made they will pick Street up with the first pick in the pre-season draft....

There is no way in hell that Street will be delisted.

The Doggies (and others) are dead keen on him for some reason, so delisting him isn't viable.

Originally posted by Dasher39
He is the most over-rated player in the AFL, not to mention useless.

Care to actually back that up with some reasoning?

Lance Whitnall useless? :rolleyes: Would walk in and be in our top 5 players.

If Lance is useless, 80% of our list is also useless.

Originally posted by evertonfc
- Street for 4th Rounder (Nobody will offer more for an otherwise delistable ruckman).

How is he delistable?

Geelong have made it clear that he will remain on the list if not traded.

I know we've had this discussion before, but i am certain that we'll get a 2nd round pick for Street.

Geelong certainly won't bother with a trade for a worse pick, not worth the effort.

Care to actually back that up with some reasoning?

Sure thing, where do I start...

For starters Lance has been terribly injury prone during his career, osteitis pubis, hamstring tears etc. He has had at least one injury per year for the last 2-3 years (not to mention several visits to the Fat Farm!!)

Lance isnt as great as some may think, in fact he ISNT in the Top 100 AFL Goalkickers OR Markers this year. He only kicked 11 goals this year, and took 73 marks. Add to that he kicked 11 behinds and his accuracy isnt that great. 73 marks from a "forward" isnt that flash, and is only 7 more than Kingsley took for the season. Infact lets compare Lance and Kent, seeing as though quite a few people think Kent struggled this year.

GAMES
Both Lance and Kent played 15 games in 2003

GOALS
Lance kicked 11 goals from 15 games (not in AFL Top 100)
Kent kicked 33 goals from 15 games (26th in AFL Top 100)
Thats 22 more goals in the same amount of games

MARKS
Lance took 73 marks
Kent took 66 marks
Both not in the AFL Top 100

Now, lets compare Lance with 2nd year Geelong player McCarthy, who played his first year of senior football this year.

GAMES
Lance - 15
McCarthy - 13

GOALS
Lance - 11
McCarthy - 15
McCarthy kicked 4 more goals than Lance despite playing fewer games

MARKS
Lance - 73
McCarthy - 45

There we have it, all these Stats prove that Lance is indeed useless. For a player who you say would be in our Top 5, well these State would almost put him in the bottom 5 of the Stats at Geelong. In terms of marks these players took more than him..

Rooke
Joel Coery
Chapman
Graham
Ling
Sanderson
Enright
Scarlett

and in terms of goals these players kicked more than Lance..

McCarthy
Graham
Chapman
S.Johnson
Riccardi
Ablett Jnr
Kingsley

The fact that Lance is not in the Top 100 Goals or Marks of the AFL should be enough to turn Geelong away from him, add to that he is Injury Prone, and it goes without saying his best Football is behind him.

There is my reasoning for calling him useless and over-rated!!

I await your response!!

There is my reasoning for calling him useless and over-rated!!

I await your response!!

Right, you've used his goalkicking record this year to label him useless.

The guy played predominantly at CHB you clown.

Perhaps you should actually watch the game rather than simply relying on stats.

BTW Lance started a year after our captain, yet has played more games. Is Steven King 'terribly injury prone'?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
The guy played predominantly at CHB you clown.

Well if he played at CHB what do we want him for, we are after a FORWARD. Lance still played up forward at times during the year, even if as you say he played mostly at CHB. Just cos he played down back most of the year, as you say, doesnt stop him from scoring or taking marks. Ben Graham played a lot of football in defence and look at his stats compared to Lance.

LANCE
15 games - missed 7 due to ANOTHER injury
11 goals (not in AFL Top 100)
73 marks (not in AFL Top 100)

GRAHAM
22 games
20 goals (65th in AFL Top 100)
110 marks (38th in AFL Top 100)

What does that say, if you really want to use that as an excuse lets compare him to another player, Daniel Bradshaw. Bradshaw has played a lot down back this year, and is in the eyes of Geelong. Lets see how they compare...

LANCE
15 games - missed 7 due to ANOTHER injury
11 goals (not in AFL Top 100)
73 marks (not in AFL Top 100)

BRADSHAW
20 games
27 goals (40th in AFL Top 100)
103 marks (58th in AFL Top 100)

Would you like me to continue?? Just because he has played down back doesnt stop him from scoring. These stats have shown that. No matter which way you look at it Whitnall is useless, and if we were to trade him serious questions would need to be asked.

THE STATS DONT LIE!!

Well if he played at CHB what do we want him for, we are after a FORWARD.

Right, so because he played back for one year, he couldn't play forward for Geelong.

Arse about logic that.

Would you like me to continue??

Yes, please compare the stats over the past 5 years of Lance and ANYONE you've mentioned.

But hey, it wouldn't suit your argument, would it.

No matter which way you look at it Whitnall is useless

The silliest statement in the history of Bigfooty.

Lance Whitnall's career record is up there with the better key forwards in the league, yet you say he is useless.

The guy is a quality footballer and about 4 classes above any forwards we have at Geelong.

Get your head out of your arse just for a second and look deeper.

BTW Good to see you avoided my question about Lance's supposed 'terribly injury prone' career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo to geelong what would it take

Remove this Banner Ad

Back