Richo to geelong what would it take

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Yes, please compare the stats over the past 5 years of Lance and ANYONE you've mentioned.

What is showing Lance's stats from 3 years ago going to prove, if I show Lance's stats from the last 5 years it will back up my statement that his best football is behind him, cos hos stats are going downhill. Just because he had a good year in 1999/2000 doesnt mean anything, that was 4 years ago. So your saying Geelong should ignore this year take a look at season 2000 and say "gee he had a good year 3 years ago, lets get him here" thats just stupid. The stats we should be looking at and are looking at are last season stats which show he had a **** year. Recruiting on form from 2-3 years ago is bloody stupid. You recruit on present form, and at present he is playing crap.

AND YES Lance is injury prone, he has had at least 3 injuries over the past 2 seasons, osteitis pubis, a hamstring tear and just this season a shoulder, and is that what we want an injured player? He wont get any fresher as the years go on, 3 injuries in 2 seasons, plus the fat camp, doesnt show much for his health in upcoming seasons.

Just because he has played more games than Steven King doesnt mean anything. Dont forget when King came to Geelong we already had a #1 ruckman, so King spent his first few years playing in the Reserves. So the fact that Whitnall has played moer games than King doesnt say much.

OHHH and you wanted stats from seasons gone past..I could only find the season 2002 Stats, and in 2002 he was..

42nd in both Marks and Goals in the AFL

In 2003 he was...

NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 100 OF EITHER

What does that tell you about his dwindling career? It going downhill very rapidly!!

Originally posted by Dasher39
his best football is behind him, cos hos stats are going downhill.

The guy is 24 and his best football is behind him. Hmmm, ok. :eek:

Using your logic, bothSteven King and James Kelly's best football is behind them as their stats are going downhill.

Let's compare Lance Whitnall's career to date with that of the best CHF in the land, Warren Tredrea.

Whitnall

14.37 touches
6.81 marks
1.93 goals

Tredrea

14.86 touches
6.83 marks
2.04 goals

So, Lance Whitnall's career to date is comparable to the unanimous best CHF in the league, yet Whitnall is "useless" and not worthy of a spot on our list.

You may not rate Lance, but to call him "useless" is both wrong and totally foolish.

Don't know why i'm arguing with you anyway, you lost all credibility on the issue when you labelled his useless despite not even having a clue about what position he played this year.

I agree that Lance is certainly a valuable player, but Dasher isn't entirely wrong in commenting on Whitnall's best football being behind him based on performances to date. Injury has wrecked him in the last two seasons, and its certainly easy to see it continuing to do so with his build.

There is a possibility that injuries may affect him in the future, however to say he is "useless" is ludicrous.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
How is he delistable?

How many times did he deliver for you in past few years?

Geelong have made it clear that he will remain on the list if not traded.

I know we've had this discussion before, but i am certain that we'll get a 2nd round pick for Street.

FFS,

It won't happen.

That's comical. If you get a second rounder, I owe you a pint of Guiness.

Geelong certainly won't bother with a trade for a worse pick, not worth the effort.

Won't bother with a trade for a worse pick?

I think you should get something - anything - for Street while you can.

Originally posted by evertonfc
How many times did he deliver for you in past few years?

Once. Who was that against?

You continue to deride Street, and continue to say he's not worthy of a spot at St. Kilda, yet he tore your ruck division a new arseh*le, winning Brownlow Votes in the process.

He is no star, but he'd improve plenty of ruck divisions in the league (including St. Kilda's).

We should have a debate about him next Friday afternoon Seb ;)

Originally posted by evertonfc
FFS,

It won't happen.

That's comical. If you get a second rounder, I owe you a pint of Guiness.

FFS, It HAS happened. :D

I shall await my pint, my good man.

What would it take to get Richo to Geelong??

Probably a car, wouldn't want to walk it, it's a fair way from Punt Rd to the Kardinia Park!!

:D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo to geelong what would it take

Remove this Banner Ad

Back