List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with Rioli and 2, for 8 and Port’s future 1st (12ish?). Would absolutely take that.

It would see West Coast getting involved, effectively splitting its current No.2 pick for Port Adelaide’s No.8 pick and future first-round selection, getting them into a 2023 draft which features more WA-based talent.

Going with Rioli and 2, for 8 and Port’s future 1st (12ish?). Would absolutely take that.
Isn't this the kind of deal everyone has been poo-pahing? I don't mind death riding Port and taking two first rounders into a draft many are suggesting is better than this year's, particularly if we're likely to get some decent WA boys out of it.

I think we all expected Rioli to be the 27 or 33 pick, so call it pick 30 for argument sakeS

Let’s say Port finish fourth: 2 and (30) for 8 and 15.

Port finish eighth: 2 and (30) for 8 and 11.

God forbid they implode and we wind up with 8 this year and something inside the top 8 next year.

Don’t mind it, especially as everyone has spent the last few months saying how even the top stretch of this draft is, and how much better next year’s is (isn’t it always).

I think we all expected Rioli to be the 27 or 33 pick, so call it pick 30 for argument sakeS

Let’s say Port finish fourth: 2 and (30) for 8 and 15.

Port finish eighth: 2 and (30) for 8 and 11.

God forbid they implode and we wind up with 8 this year and something inside the top 8 next year.

Don’t mind it, especially as everyone has spent the last few months saying how even the top stretch of this draft is, and how much better next year’s is (isn’t it always).

Doesn't look so bad written that way. What are we looking at points wise?
Not that it matters, but decent for comparison.

I think we all expected Rioli to be the 27 or 33 pick.

Let’s say Port finish fourth: 2 and (33) for 8 and 15.

Port finish eighth: 2 and (27) for 8 and 11.

God forbid they implode and we wind to with 8 and something inside the top 8 next year.

It's the addition of Rioli that is the problem. 2 for 8 and 15 sounds pretty fair. Adding pick 33 just seems silly.

What's to say we can't get a better deal for pick 2 from another team (GWS etc)?

Post will implode next year and finish bottom 4 - most likely we’ll be there also

I’ll take their future first for Pothead Rioli

Biggie's right, Port's mother was a hamster, and their father smelt of elderberries.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that North have a sniff at pick 2 it's fair to say things just got more complicated for Port to secure Horn Francis.

Thank you North, make them cough up for your pick 2. It's here ready and waiting.

Last edited:
Doesn't look so bad written that way. What are we looking at points wise?
Not that it matters, but decent for comparison.
Based on the way HB has written it, 250 points in Port's favour if 8 and 11 and nearly 500 points if 8 and 15. That's equivalent to somewhere between pick 37 and pick 51, which I think is a pretty big window. Adding pick 43 evens things up on the assumption that Port's F1 falls at 13, which would mean Port finishing 6th next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back