RIP Port Adelaide - *warning* epic bump necrothread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why PB gets so much flak, it's pretty obvious he was just venting after yet another horribad Port capitulation.

Haters gonna hate.

The club DOESN'T deserve a supporter like me.

I buy a membership each year and go to EVERY ****ING GAME.

If you think I'm a bandwagoner then you can just **** off now. Telling me of all people to support another club is a total disgrace.

Richmond supporters have been hurting for the last 10 years. We've had a good run over the last 10 years. Now we've hit a low point. Look at the other clubs that hit low points, look where they are. Its not all doom and gloom buddy! The Hawks were only getting 15K To a game when they got Buddy.

Richmond and Dockers supporters are the best, they've supported their club through dark times, had very little success in the last ten years. They've stuck by the team. Says a lot more than some of the piss weak Port Adelaide supporters in here.

I don't understand why PB is copping crap from other posters. If you read all his other posts, he does not want the club to fold and isn't going to support another club.

No idea why people are having a go at him, everything he has said in this thread, i 100% agree with him, or though I do disagree with many things he has said in the past. I can understand where he is coming from in this instance

I am not sure why people are picking on Port, every team has had unexpected losses and every team has to win a game, Brisbane Bears were not expected to win a game and did.

I think this loss could help Port for the rest of the year, and I am glad we have played you guys already. I put $100 on for Port to beat North in the next round

I am not sure why people are picking on Port

Probably has something to do with being 40 points up at halftime against a side full of kids. 15 of them having played 3 or less games in the AFL. Port should have won by 80 points.

every team has had unexpected losses

True

every team has to win a game

Untrue

Brisbane Bears were not expected to win a game and did.

Poor comparison, the game was far less professional back in 1987.

I think this loss could help Port for the rest of the year, and I am glad we have played you guys already. I put $100 on for Port to beat North in the next round

I wouldn't touch Port with a ten foot pole. You as a Collingwood supporter relieved you've already played them? Oh dear... :D

Whatever you do, don't put a cent on us beating North this wkend.

I remember after the Richmond loss last year, thinking we would come out and beat the Hawks at the G. Even though we hit the front early in the last qtr, we ultimately lost by 2-3 goals.

We wont respond, if anything North will be just as fired up this week. Our players have no heart

North just like Gold Coast will be fired up from the first bounce til the final siren.

Just like the Gold Coast they will know that they just need to put some pressure on and Port will crumble.

We have created a reputation now that will work against us for years. Even the poorest teams will feel like they are genuine chance against us no matter how far in front we are.

Good heavens here we go again. If you knew or had anything to do with any of the Williams family you know none of them like losing (at all) and to even suggest Choc was like that shows you simply never knew the man.

We are no longer in the SANFL. Those of us who also knew Fos knew how proud he was of Mark so I'll take his first hand opinion over any other frustrated posters on this site. As the Geelong guy said we are in the big league now and it's a bit like Port in the 80s but we don't have Anthony Williams organizing players to take a 10% cut to keep the club afloat..

Choc didn't lose us Shaun B and he didn't sack the team psych to get another guy at much greater expense to add 6 more players to the leadership group this year.
Last year the pressure was off with a new coach but now the weight of expectation once again drag heavily rather than the other way around.

When we won at the end of last year it was all due to Primus and when we lose now it is Williams.. The truth is we just don't know and time will tell.

I am here to support Matty but not to hang Chocc for every ill that has ever or will ever affect the club. You guys read and write too much fiction and it becomes folk-lore on these sites.

Mark Williams steered our club to the edge of the abyss by trying to be an "innovator" just like his mentor, Kevin Sheedy.
At the book signing of "Dynasty", a book writen by Fos and Rucci, Mark was the most arrogant and rude mongrel you could ever have the misfortune to meet. His complete disrespect for the occasion and the contemptuous manner towards those who lined up for hours to have their copies signed by the whole family was disgraceful.
This is the way he, as coach, treated the principles and traditions of our club and any amount of lip service to the contrary by him is just that, lip service.
Do not try and rewrite history Resilience. The scar M. Williams left on our club will be there for a long time.
I have no doubt at all that Choc hated losing but that does not in anyway mean that the manner in which he went about trying to win was conducive to long term success and in the best interests of the club and it's players.

This is the recession we had to have:cool:

untitled-5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game, and as much as i'd prefer not to make excuses, once they thought they had a chance, they had every chance (they would have been hugely fired up, and we had the showdown hangover). Still sounds like we ****ed it up though - 3 missed shots at goal in the last 2 minutes?

I don't think I will watch the replay either way, even though I wouldn't mind seeing Hamish Hartletts game. I'm sure it would just make me feelsbadman.

Hopefully we can put this behind us, and at least win enough games to keep us well away from the spoon, and hopefully bottom 4. We can still play finals obviously, and that would be nice, but I don't really care anymore.

At the Fremantle Supporter sinking his foot in. "Lulz freo." :)

I don't think I will watch the replay either way, :)

no, you need to, really

it will put many of your comments you will make into a context point

just watch the first 10 minutes (see their desperation) and last quarter

you have to see how we offered no opposition in the midfield, how Primus emptied the forward line, how we kicked OOF so often, how Pittard did the unimaginable twice (kick/ handball) how Chaplin didn't offer support, how we kicked in circles, how they choked us back and back and back, how ABlett showed what Boak is meant to be doing, how there were no forwards, and Motlop was 1 on 3 a few times, but our forwards were not even in wideframe, how Hitchcock just is pathetic

how stewart thought he could kick it from 55
how Westhoff choked on what he would normally swallow

how they just ripped us apart

how when they got to 19 points down, you just knew, I mean KNEW, we'd lose. sure, when we were 40 up we said it jokingly.

serisouly, read the game day thread, read Macca calling it

must see, like watching a loved on in a road accident, watching the footage for the coroner

Some genuine lulz in this thread. Particularly the guy that couldnt take any further heartache and hence swapped teams to St Kilda. :rolleyes:

you talk as if the crow loss was the turning point for freo to make changes and you are kidding urself. our success now didn't happen over night, it was harvs rebuilding the list over a peroid of years since he took over, the crow game was just a pothole, nothing more.

I have said it before and said it again... I was there at that game. that game was at our lowest point. I agree it wasnt the turning point It was a turning point. Along with other little things before that day. We had a list of mercanaries that didnt give a damn about our club and we had to get rid of them and some others that were not just good enough.

When harvey coached the club in 2007, he only used 6 picks in the National Draft. Palmer, Mayne and hinkley were the kids, Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley both were delisted by essendon. Josh head was a 24 year old in the PSD.

then in 2008 ND we got these guys

pick 3 :stephen hill

pick 21: hayden ballantyne

pick 24: nick suban

pick 37: zac clarke

pick 53: michael walters

pick 56: tim ruffles

pick 68: ben bucoviz

then we got guys like Matt De boer, greg broughton and Jay van berlo in the rookie draft

I agree things were changing even before that game in 2009.

This also amused me, St Kilda aren't exactly a font of football glory.

i know but its a shame! like someone said in this thread, we won a flag 7 years ago and we cant get much worse from here.So we can only move forward.Shame to have supporters like that who jump off (and i dont mean you PB) when we have finally hit a rock bottom.Richmond supporters have my respect in that regards, despite being a basket case for 3 decades they still have 44k members.There is a difference between a barracker and a supporter i guess

Some genuine lulz in this thread. Particularly the guy that couldnt take any further heartache and hence swapped teams to St Kilda. :rolleyes:

... his real passion is photography? :rolleyes:

I don't see how you can get up and just pick another team, I doubt people would actually not support the club. Although after getting givin 1mil from the public 2 weeks ago it seems like a slap in the face to everyone who donated their time and money to save a club that doesn't care.

It came to light when s burgoyne wanted out of the club that these bunch of losers had serious problems within the club i wonder wether or not with the same sort of performances happening if the same sort of rubbish is lurking beneath??? The immaturity of this entire club is fragmenting this place at least on the field we will have to watch this space and find out if this is the case very interseting!!!!!!

This season has a remarkable similarity so far to 2000. Smashed in the opening round, lost at home to a WA team we would normally expect to account for here, smashed again the next week then a shock big win in round 4 before back to capitulating from all sorts of positions.

The 2000 pre-season even included a change to a lighter training regime to help with the constant soft tissue injuries we had experienced. Didn't help that and made us vulnerable to terrible fade outs.

The good news is we did improve but not before we hit rock bottom in round 11 losing by 10 goals to fellow cellar dweller St Kilda. By round 13 we started playing the way the coach wanted us to and had the match fitness to run out games. After the 2000 season we added Andrew Russell as fitness coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back