RIP Port Adelaide - *warning* epic bump necrothread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the Williams' family was after a while they thought they had a birthright to the Port Adelaide Football Club. Choco felt that way. I dont believe he should be blamed for all of our problems, but we moved in the right direction when we finally got that name out of Alberton.

No family, or person, is entitled to feeling the club owes them.

I usually find it pretty easy not to bite at complete tripe written on here, but this is a disgrace.

:thumbsdown:

Your club won't die, no matter what the naysayers think. You bring in enough money to keep the SANFL in the black and the AFL needs the Port supporters who regularly attend. Hopefully more will attend when the Adelaide oval is used.
Some good draft picks at the end of this year might be a benefit, but I'm unsure what GWS gets in the way of concessions for it's list next year, so the pickings may be slim.
A true test of a supporters loyalty is through periods of poor, unacceptable performances/seasons. This will be a test to those who expect success, and maybe having become bloated on the expectation of success due to history, and are having difficulty in accepting that ALL teams need to experience and endure mediocrity because it makes the success of a premiership all the more sweeter and worthwhile.
I hope Port gets in front of the Crows in No. of premierships at some stage in my lifetime, and for that reason alone you will remain in the AFL.

After all if there is no Port in The AFL, then who will the Crows have as a rival? Surely the AFL wouldn't let that happen. It's in the AFL's best interest to have the history attached to Port be attached to their league.

:thumbsu: Good post and your right on the money... this club won't die or be given the boot by the AFL, we will survive and we will get through this blackhole that we currently find ourselves in.

By the time we are ready to call Adelaide Oval our home in 2014 we will see ourselves in a much better position with our player base ie: a good young list with a few years behind them, a membership increase with the move to AO, sponsors willing to spend once they have seen off the more recent global financial crisis (lets hope there are no more :eek:) and hopefully by then a shake up of the assistant coaches box.

It will be painful BUT I do see some light (just) at the end of the dark tunnel. BRING ON 2014 :D

Do you think that it makes me happy to have a go at Mark? It hurts like hell but I am not going to shut my gob because it's a member of the Williams family...........
As for his tenure as coach of the club, he caused a lot of damage in the later part of his time here and it is going to take time to get back respect.

$800K per annum = More than "just for the love of it"

:thumbsu: Good post and your right on the money... this club won't die or be given the boot by the AFL, we will survive and we will get through this blackhole that we currently find ourselves in.

By the time we are ready to call Adelaide Oval our home in 2014 we will see ourselves in a much better position with our player base ie: a good young list with a few years behind them, a membership increase with the move to AO, sponsors willing to spend once they have seen off the more recent global financial crisis (lets hope there are no more :eek:) and hopefully by then a shake up of the assistant coaches box.

It will be painful BUT I do see some light (just) at the end of the dark tunnel. BRING ON 2014 :D

2024 you mean..

2024 you mean..

Mate, we'll have another three premierships in the bag by then! We will take out the double in 2016/17 then another in 2020.

There's a lot more xmas's, shooting stars and prayers to the good man above from now until then..... if we keep praying and wishing, good things will come :p;):eek: !!!

Our club is dead when it can no longer win the premiership.

We exist to win premierships, not to show profits or fill SANFL coffers or hang around like a limpet for eternity.

Right now, we are set up to be hammered in every aspect of football management.

Zombie life on the AFL teat is as dead as the PAFC can be.
And those hoping the AFL will step in beyond the point of stopping the club going under are delusional. The AFL is still the VFL. Even expanding it to GC and GWS is more about 'Look how great the VFL is, we've got it everywhere now!'.

Port aren't a Victorian club, we aren't even West Coast, Adelaide, Sydney or Brisbane, who the AFL want to keep successful to some extent to keep the majority TV figures (most important metric for them these days) for the respective states high. If you could kidnap Andy D and his puppet, tie them up and beat them (oh the thoughts!) I'm 100% sure they'd tell you Port just getting by year on year, improved enough from our current situation to not be at risk of folding, but not enough we'll be a flag threat is their desired situation - when they bother to think of us at all.

As for jumping off I'll be back next game.

Unfortunately I was out elsewhere when we played the Cows, so this year my eldest (5 yrs old) has seen two losses. This is his 3rd year of going to matches, but the first he's really gotten into it. Couldn't wait for the football season to start, loves listening to the Port song on youtube and disparages the Crows song as stupid :D Trying to explain to him what on earth is happening with our matches and seeing his face rips me up.

He's had Port ordained for him since he had a Port teddy beside him (and bigger then him) in a humidi-crib whilst he was still touch and go after birth. Like other fanatical Port fathers with sons here I'm sure having boys one of the things you always looked forward to doing together.

30 years of watching Port I've never considered jumping off, but if the current individuals (I won't call them a team as there's no I in team and the club is full of 'I' players) drives him elsewhere then it could be the wedge I never thought could exist, that would drive me apart from the club. I hope not, and I could never follow another club.

Outside of Port over the last 10 years the AFL has become increasingly difficult to watch - these days I never watch games with other clubs, it's soft shit footy - so I'd just 'fade away' from Aussie Rules altogether.

I am not sure why people are picking on Port, every team has had unexpected losses and every team has to win a game, Brisbane Bears were not expected to win a game and did.

I think this loss could help Port for the rest of the year, and I am glad we have played you guys already. I put $100 on for Port to beat North in the next round

Oh dear... :D

This song sums up this thread:

It ain't no mystery
I'm all I have left
I'm pushing back and running you over

I've been thrown down run around
Beaten 'til I hit the ground
Telling you right now that it's over

There's no room for mistakes
All the cards are in place
Say what you will but say it to my face

Better back the **** up
Better shut the **** up
I'll do what I want and I'll never give up

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up and help me to fly away
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty
Lift me up

I'm gonna change history
Enlighten the world
Teach them how to see through my eyes

I'm gonna lash back check that
Fatal as a heart attack
Stomp out all the ugliest lies

You can't convince me to change
We ain't on the same page
I've had my fill now there's nothing but rage

Best get out of my way
'Cause there's nothing to say
Is that all that you got?
Because I ain't got all day

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty
Lift me up

I won't be broken
I won't be tortured
I won't be beaten down
I have the answer
I take the pressure
I turn it all around

Lift me up above this
The flames and the ashes
Lift me up above this
The broken the empty

Lift me up to fly away
Lift me up to fly away
Lift me up

----

bolded particularly relevant, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give this poster a medal.

Love the club to death but I honestly don't know what I'm feeling right now... All I got to say is we won't win a premiership for 10 to 20 years.. That's if were even still around :(

Wait what?

FunFact: PortBrillance is a ripping bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve but could probably do with a filter at times. He stuck with the club all through the lean years and has always been Port through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back