RIP Port Adelaide - *warning* epic bump necrothread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Crows fans trolling you?

FFS we're the last people who should be taking the piss right now.

It's literally just the depth that varies in SA footy at this present moment in time.

Yeah, true enough. In all seriousness this is terrible for football in this state. Both playing pretty embarrassing football at the moment.

i'm not even a port fan and i was a bit upset by it all today.

Is it embarrassing for the football club and as supporters? not so much the loss (we all lose games) - but the way it happened, to lose from being 40 points ahead late in the 3rd, and then have so many errors and to be completely outplayed like they were in the last.

Was not a great day for the club, but then again the Crows did exactly the same last week.

Look on the bright side, we're gonna get heaps of media coverage for a change:p

I have to agree with ubolt, you can cop the loss but to lose it that way is disheartening.

I've had a bit of time to think about this topic.

Ask any former Fitzroy supporter whether they would want their team to fold or have them playing on the field with "poor performances"?

I've been there, done that... and I know what I would prefer.

Yes, we are down and people will trample on us, yet we still have a club. Our supporters will come and go, but let's start building to something good (who knows what or when).

We are Port Adelaide. Yes, it was going to be a struggle in the big league. There is more $$$ in the AFL than the SANFL, and we need as much of it as we can to keep up with the big clubs.

Can it get any worse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kept waiting for port to step it up in the last quarter and win..... :confused: just didnt happen. desperation of ablett, rischittelli, haris, swallow and matera was something your players needed. ah well every new team has to have a first win, freo's was richmond, GC's is port... always next week :thumbsu:

Actually, we beat you by a kick in your AFL debut, it was at the G, don't you remember???

Massive overreacting by everyone.

Gold Coast were never going to stay crap for long, realistically this is the first game they had a legit chance of winning. They pulled it off.

Port aren't pathetic or disgraceful, but they are shit. Need a rebuild.

I've had a bit of time to think about this topic.

Ask any former Fitzroy supporter whether they would want their team to fold or have them playing on the field with "poor performances"?

I've been there, done that... and I know what I would prefer.

Yes, we are down and people will trample on us, yet we still have a club. Our supporters will come and go, but let's start building to something good (who knows what or when).

We are Port Adelaide. Yes, it was going to be a struggle in the big league. There is more $$$ in the AFL than the SANFL, and we need as much of it as we can to keep up with the big clubs.

Can it get any worse?

But that's just it. How do you expect the impact of this loss and the last 4 years to go down with the bandwagon Port fans? If we dont turn this around on field we WILL go broke and fold. No two ways about it. Does anyone actually think I want this club to go down? ofcourse ****ing not. But if we keep having shit season after shit season, we won't surive

Hi ,was at todays game , i though our small/medium types did o'k' , Chaplin and Carlisle , my god them two , wouldnt get a game at Port Magpies ! , and thats saying something . Primus has got his hands tied with this list , many of us that wanted Choco the great gone in 2008 NOT ! 09 could see he was going to bring ruin to us as a club , the team JC left him would slaughter the team he left Matty , talent wise balance wise , and in spirit Gee its gonna be tough from here .

Wow....amazing how many w***ers have appeared out of the woodwork in this thread. You should be thanking us, probably saved some of your teams the indignity of being GC first win.

Ay ay to that manureid, exactly what I was thinking. Thanks a million Port.

Chin up guys.

As a Tiger supporter I've experienced many embarrassing moments. At times like these your club needs your support more than ever.

I'm glad we're not playing your mob next week!

This.

Having suffered through a fair bit over the years, I know it sucks, and all I can say is hang in there.

Actually, we beat you by a kick in your AFL debut, it was at the G, don't you remember???

You are correct but you have hit a raw nerve with Fremantle supporters.

Lets be really honest here if you were a Fremantle supporter would you actually want to remember your Clubs history. :p

Back on topic:

Port I can understand your anger and frustration...... believe me the last twelve months have not been easy for a WC Supporters perspective..... But as someone posted earlier it the dark days that make the success all the more tasty and uplifting. when it arrives.

Hanging in there and support your Club thats the differnce between a follower of a Club and a SUPPORTER.

I don't 'want' us to fold. But for the first time, I feel like I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Any crowd members above 15k we get for the rest of the year will be a bonus after that, and how are we going to get better if we don't have any money to get better with? It's a vicious cycle, and I want to say we're at rock bottom but every time I do we find a new way to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back