Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotch to miss for the Tigers due to illness. Good for us. He's so important for them leadership-wise.
as are you matty...............

Completely understand where you're coming from here mate but I have a slightly different take, hardness at the man & ball shouldn't be something that you pick & choose dependent on who the opponent is, if you're going to batter Mills, you'd better be prepared to go equally hard against JPK, Parker etc.
As a side, we've got to reach the point where playing with intent is the expectation, being able to point to isolated incidents over the year where we bullied soft targets isn't good enough and has been one of a few issues within our footy club for some time.
Clubs that have achieved success and I'm thinking Hawks, Swans, Tigers & Cats here, wouldn't be patting themselves on the back for roughing up a Heppell, a Mills or a really green GWS side.
Much the same as in Rugby where the big fellas will run at the play makers to wear them down a bit of bastardry will always remain in the game, it's the consistency of effort that is key IMO.
That's all well and good, but the original comment was about going after Edwards.

Do you think it's ok for opposition players to make disrespectful comments about our club and have no repercussions?

If you wanna open your mouth and have a giggle about our club, then you'd better be ready to wear the consequences.

If our boys don't remonstrate with him, then we'll be unlikely to play finals because they have no pride in the jumper.

When Saints went after Murphy, who stuck up for him? I remember the response was pissweak.

It's what every other club and supporter base has come to expect from us. It's why Edwards felt comfortable saying what he did.

Enough, I say.

Trent out is a massive win for us, 2nd most valuable player to Richmond after Martin.

I know feel suddenly a lot more confident.

Got a tingle in my spine just thinking about hearing DA DA DA DA DA as the boys run out at the G for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

Is anyone else situated in the Ponsford Stand Level 4 Bay Q30 seeing a goose acting and hollering like a mad man tonight, it's probably me 😁😁😁

Centre clearances is where we need to be clean. Richmond don’t really like winning them I feel due to their style of play with 1%’ers and how they like to set up their attack streaming off HBF. The man on the mark rule will be interesting with them though as it could impact the 1% game play (knock ons etc) that they use. Clean, slick, and efficient stoppages doesn’t give them that opportunity. As well as the forward pressure from Fisher and Fog and co that we spoke on here yesterday about.

Teaguey and his team need to hit the nail on the head tactically first, our boys carrying out the game plan is another story. Cotchin out nullifies some movement they have when moving the ball and also takes some tackling ability away from their midfield. Need to capitalise.

That's all well and good, but the original comment was about going after Edwards.

Do you think it's ok for opposition players to make disrespectful comments about our club and have no repercussions?

If you wanna open your mouth and have a giggle about our club, then you'd better be ready to wear the consequences.

If our boys don't remonstrate with him, then we'll be unlikely to play finals because they have no pride in the jumper.

When Saints went after Murphy, who stuck up for him? I remember the response was pissweak.

It's what every other club and supporter base has come to expect from us. It's why Edwards felt comfortable saying what he did.

Enough, I say.
Couldn't agree any more. Where does he get off making such a disrespectful comment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BB's Carlton GF Wishlist:

- Rock up and play four quarters of high intensity football
- Nobody get hurt, especially the talls
- A balanced ledger with umpiring calls

If we lose and it's because Richmond were on the ball and playing well, I'm OK with that. They've won 3 out of the last 4 flags and their best footy should beat us. But if we lose this game because we forgot to have our weetbix, or we brought in an unfit player who falls apart before quarter time, or the umpires decide that the betting favourites should be their favourites too, I'll be mightily pissed.

Even better, lets have both side play their best footy, nobody get knocked out, the umpires are invisible, and we beat them by 5pts with with a Marc Murphy checkside goal in the dying seconds.
Unfortunately injuries reflect training/game intensity...
in some ways a healthy large injury list is a sign we are reaching threshold
Teams such as Hawthorne in their era seemed to be excellent at maintaining that threshold and keep recycling many injuries
its a business and we also need to get good at it...so Russell can drive them into the ground :thumbsu:
this list for R1 is ordinary
we could have by R20
C.CURNOW
B.KEMP
STOCKER
PHILIP
WILLIAMS
MARTIN
CUNNO
GOVERNATOR
T.DE KING
BETTS
NEWMAN
C.MARCHBANK
We have many quality outs....will an interesting 2021
we need our medicos to get them going again !!!

That is a big out with Cotchin missing.
Still think Richmond will be too strong though.
They could give us 2 quarters and 40 pts....and would still hunt us down
easily....locked into a cage
my thoughts are with the 22....maybe something different might happen
its such a fantastic game

i'm not having a go but he's not quite fast enough to get separation on the lead and not quite tall enough to reach over most defenders. His effort and footy smarts are top notch and if the preseason is anything to go by he's improved his goal kicking too.

3rd tall is the best role for him right now and i think he's one we all want to make a place in the team.
Is that somewhat an agreement ?

Enough, I say.
I don't hate this.

I can recall a debutant Mitch Robinson having a crack at black belt ruckman Troy Simmonds a bakers dozen years ago.

That's the kind of audacity I wants to see.

Enough, I say.

There are usually two reasons why a team doesn't support a team mate, the first is inability due to lack of any mongrel whatsoever and the second is lack of care factor. If you are playing in a side with both attributes you are in for it and self preservation mode kicks in. keep picking soft one way runners and kidding yourself that they will man up or score enough cheapies to make up for lack of ticker - and your Club goes nowhere. Not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back