Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy with Weitering at full back..it gives a license for Jones to spoil. Eager to see if it works.

Shane Edwards - 'I love playing in Carlton's grand final every year'

#Malaka

Cotchin out helps our cause a lot. That's boosted my hopes, although the Tigers seems to play the same no matter who is out.

Definitely take far more than Houli and Cotchin to weaken them unfortunately.

If that got bumped up to 4-5 best 22 players then I think you'd see a drop off, particularly if it included some key players like Lynch and Grimes.

We still have 4-5 best 22 players out (including game changers like Curnow & Williams) compared to 2 for them so ledger is still in their favour.

Definitely take far more than Houli and Cotchin to weaken them unfortunately.

If that got bumped up to 4-5 best 22 players then I think you'd see a drop off, particularly if it included some key players like Lynch and Grimes.

We still have 4-5 best 22 players out (including game changers like Curnow & Williams) compared to 2 for them so ledger is still in their favour.
Maybe don’t watch tonight
Look for round 2

The only player that would make a difference is Martin ... we must hold him and keep him well away from goal ...
Who gets him when he goes forward?

Plow - was really good in the second half of last season.

SPS - no

Willo - maybe, but I think Dusty is too strong

Saad - mayyybe? Love his line breaking ability but one-on-one who knows (wasn't overly excited with what I saw in the one-on-ones in the praccy matches)? has the legs and engine to burn off him, or catch him on a dash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

E.CURNOW to Dusty
Ed a good strong body tagger...has the tank to cover Dusty and some for himself as well
:thumbsu:
This might be controversial but id almost not tag Dusty in the middle. Feel like if he goes forward hes too dangerous and would prefer him play mid

I'd love to see that smirk slapped off his stupid face. Do the Tiges really think that three years of being a good team cancels out 35 years of mediocrity? Some people have short memories

I hope it does. I plan on forgetting 2002-2020 forever once we win our next flag.

Shane edwards comment shows the lack of respect the rest of the comp give us. If that doesn’t stir the boys on then nothing ever will! Time to cause pain and be relentless

And Lynch. He always seems to kick 3+ goals against us.
Gotta stop their pack hunting and spread on the rebound...

Allows their forwards to just provide easy leads and shots.

If we win the centre clearances, are clean, and not overcomplicate hitting targets, we go in with a chance.

If Levi and H stay out of each other's way we can split their defense -- and with Fish and Fog (and hopefully Murphy) roving their feet, bodes for a decent attack.

Our guys need to stick to their opponents like glue to nullify their pack hunting and spread.

Who gets him when he goes forward?

Plow - was really good in the second half of last season.

SPS - no

Willo - maybe, but I think Dusty is too strong

Saad - mayyybe? Love his line breaking ability but one-on-one who knows (wasn't overly excited with what I saw in the one-on-ones in the praccy matches)? has the legs and engine to burn off him, or catch him on a dash
almost impossible to mark Dusty an elite footballer, super skills set, as much as one hates to admit he'll rip it up on the G on a season openner after the 2 flag ceremonies.
Hoping Walsh , Cripps and Saad turn it on for us and that the youngsters Dow & Fogharty do well. Go Baggers

This might be controversial but id almost not tag Dusty in the middle. Feel like if he goes forward hes too dangerous and would prefer him play mid
Na try and shut him down completely,he gets his game up from midfield,and rolls on...
Ed would be the man who has done it before and frustrated him[Ed not scared of a fuming Dusty],and double team him forward as required if he is on,i know plus Lynch...
Cotchin out helps...looking more of a chance
hate to say it but maybe they cop a couple injuries early and we can roll them...
if it does happen
JSOS
H
Small forwards must work

I dont want to get the hopes up....its is for Carlton important they stand up and play a good game
We do have a good list now...and i just want to see them play some elite football...and make 2021 a descent campaign

Attachments

• 169444.gif
    169444.gif
    394.2 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back