Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 14th March 7.30PM @ MCG - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In first with

"are we getting ahead of ourselves?"

What??? What'd I say?
Get Out Art GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Everyone is aware that no game is an easy game, but if we want to take the next step, we need to embrace 'we win well when we play inferior teams'.

Play our contested footy (brand) and make sure we don't take the foot of the accelerator at any stage during the game - That should be our mentality towards these games.

Everyone is aware that no game is an easy game, but if we want to take the next step, we need to embrace 'we win well when we play inferior teams'.

Play our contested footy (brand) and make sure we don't take the foot of the accelerator at any stage during the game - That should be our mentality towards these games.
Agreed.

Ollie won't hold his spot if he plays like that again. Cotters would then play wing. Not having a go at Ollie but competition for spots will be fierce.

Disagree. Even with a poor offensive game he contributed with his workrate and defensive work. He’s quickly becoming a vital player

His combination with Acres is one of our great strengths

Disagree. Even with a poor offensive game he contributed with his workrate and defensive work. He’s quickly becoming a vital player

True. I think Ollie has plenty of credits in the bank. Wingers can be prone to quiet games (disposal wise) due to the nature of the role, but he was still getting up and down the ground, helping out defensively.

Might have been in some danger without the Doc news but with him being out for the year that 2nd wing spot is Ollie's. I think we are pretty happy with Cottrell forward now. He gets lost on the wing at times. Binns the only threat but Ollie would need a run of bad form and Binns to play really well. Even then, both could possibly play.

Ollie won't hold his spot if he plays like that again. Cotters would then play wing. Not having a go at Ollie but competition for spots will be fierce.
Struggled with being one touch, but his defensive work ethic was sublime

I'd back him in, but I agree Cottrell easily slides into that role if Ollie has a pool or patch

Elijah then slots into the Cottrell role at HF

Personally, at this early stage, with Doc going out, Carroll comes in, Elijah for Cuners

But, by the end of the Tigers games, everything will likely change again

Last edited:
True. I think Ollie has plenty of credits in the bank. Wingers can be prone to quiet games (disposal wise) due to the nature of the role, but he was still getting up and down the ground, helping out defensively.

Might have been in some danger without the Doc news but with him being out for the year that 2nd wing spot is Ollie's. I think we are pretty happy with Cottrell forward now. He gets lost on the wing at times. Binns the only threat but Ollie would need a run of bad form and Binns to play really well. Even then, both could possibly play.
Cottrell wasn’t any better than Hollands Friday night and is nowhere near as good a player

Hollands will just get better and batter

Names like Cottrell & Cuningham don’t do enough to play wing

If Hollands or Acres miss any games during the year it will be Binns or even Wilson that will replace them

Highly doubt Binns comes in for Hollands, let alone Cottrell for that wing position

I like Binns, but needs another season to build more strength and some contest work

Cottrell wasn’t any better than Hollands Friday night and is nowhere near as good a player

Hollands will just get better and batter

Names like Cottrell & Cuningham don’t do enough to play wing

If Hollands or Acres miss any games during the year it will be Binns or even Wilson that will replace them
Cottrell was better than Hollands on Friday night. Not discounting that Ollie has a higher ceiling, but he was very fumbly - which again is perfectly fine because there were some great pressure acts and second efforts. But in terms of compare the pair, Cotters took the chocolates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cottrell was better than Hollands on Friday night. Not discounting that Ollie has a higher ceiling, but he was very fumbly - which again is perfectly fine because there were some great pressure acts and second efforts. But in terms of compare the pair, Cotters took the chocolates.

I’d debate it
Both had 14 possessions and covered 15km
Cottrell had 0 tackles
Hollands had EIGHT tackles
Both had 3 inside 50s
Cottrell 2 Clangers. Hollands 3

Pressure acts
Hollands - 29 😳
Cottrell - 11

Player ratings
Hollands -63
Cottrell - 49

This doesn’t count the number of times Hollands got back to block holes and help the defence.

Close but I give it to Hollands. I rate defence and tackling highly but that’s just me

Last edited:

Ollie stays!

I’d debate it
Both had 14 possessions and covered 15km
Cottrell had 0 tackles
Hollands had EIGHT tackles
Both had 3 inside 50s
Cottrell 2 Clangers. Hollands 3

Player ratings
Hollands -63
Cottrell - 49

This doesn’t count the number of times Hollands got back to block holes and help the defence.

Close but I give it to Hollands. I rate defence and tackling highly but that’s just me
Hollands only had 8 touches, not 14.

They played different games, Cottrell more attacking and better with the ball. Ollie had an uncharacteristic shocker with the ball, but was fantastic defensively.

Hollands only had 8 touches, not 14.

They played different games, Cottrell more attacking and better with the ball. Ollie had an uncharacteristic shocker with the ball, but was fantastic defensively.

Must have read wrong number

Go look at Cottrells first half. Neither were great but I rate players on overall contribution and 8 tackles is a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back