Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punt rd end is full of Carlton supporters this week. Its our home game.
Surely you cant be referring to us
I sit bear the cheer squad at etihad home games and I call it 'sitting with the ferals'
Every team's got em

Hey guys, just wondering as a general admission club member do I need to upgrade my membership for Thursdays game or so I just swipe in at the gates like normal?

Thanks!

Hey guys, just wondering as a general admission club member do I need to upgrade my membership for Thursdays game or so I just swipe in at the gates like normal?

Thanks!
MCG website says there should be GA on the night so just swipe and go. I'd advise getting there relatively early to guarantee it and to get a decent seat though.

This side.

Tuohy Jamo Jaksch
Simmo Rowe Yarran
Docherty Cripps Gibbs
Thomas Henderson Menzel
Bell Jones Casboult

Wood Judd Murphy

Everitt Carazzo Curnow C Smith Sub

Curnow to Martin / Touhy when fwd
Everitt to Deledio
Carazzo to Cotch
Jamo to Jack
Rowe to Griffiths
Jaksch to Ty if plays

Richmond have more depth in Midfield / Goal Kickers from Mid
Blues slightly better backline / Richmond kicking issues still back half - blues with high pressure
Fwd lines even.

Says to me - very even game. Riewolt / Martin & Henderson / Menzel key.
My only argument is Richmond struggling to have a real 2nd tall option soo we dont need Jaksch. Put White in the side. More dynamic and can push forward to cause them some headaches. I like everything else.

Thanks!
Great seeing the BF crew helping TC out. Welcome TC, enjoy the game. See you here Thursday post-match for the meltdown.

It's going to won or lost in the midfield, they have a very good midfield, slightly better than us.

Warnock or Wood
Walker or Touhey/White
Levi or Watson
Boekhorst or Smith/Tut/Buckley

I know it is always a positive when clubs are having headaches picking their sides for positive reasons but it is vital we get this right. What are you thought Carlton Fans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll win this game , Juddy, Carrazzo , Simpson , will be the difference.
The class and experience will be great to watch.
Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas , Yarran and Evereitt should all play good games too.
Excited , can't wait. Blues by over 30 points.
Go Baggers Ciao

Tuohey Jamison Jacksh
Yarran Rowe Thomas
Simpson Cripps Everitt
Woods Judd Gibbs
Bell Henderson Murphy
Jones Casboult Menzel

Carrazzo Curnow White S: Boekhurst

Game will be a real test of defensive effort for 4 quarters as well as a test for how Malthouse has changed predictable attack along boundary - to a more unpredictable spread based choose best option and don't ignore middle we saw glimpses of in NAB Cup.

Personally will be looking to see Murphy/Thomas step up and contribute according to their standing in list. Also Jones has a big chance to justify Malthouse's faith in him. These three lifting to A grade standards go a long way to evening up the competition.

Hoping Wood or Warnock don't butcher it too much - as long as these blokes are running around - we are playing one player short against any opposition.

What is stopping Warnock moving around the ground more and marking - up forward as well. What can the reasons be? Laziness? Fitness?
Combination. He's a lumbering old style ruckman. In other words he is slow. How often does he try to hack a ball downfield and get it smothered? Too often. You never see him attempt to put in a second effort unfortunately, which is something both Kruz & Wood do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back