Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does feel a little scary going in without our best mark in Cas and an untried KPP at Carlton at FF, and one that didn't do wonders at the WBs.

I don't know how Jones is going to get a minute of sleep tonight!! ... All the talk when he came across was how he'd fare better without being the number one focus etc. .. Well, right now he is right in the spotlight and unless Cas is a late inclusion will be in front of 80,000+ fans tomorrow night in his first game with his new club! ... Hope he's up to it!
fnm - that is a valid concern that I also have
I console myself or maybe delude with a theory that Rowe will go forward at times and even when Rowe is in the ruck I would think Wood will go forward and the Tigers would be aware Wood and Rowe are not like 203 and should be manned up when forward.

I also think Henderson should get the number 1 defender and we have third tall options with Everitt and White if Rowe is playing back - the thought being the Doggies didnt have genuine options forward to support Liam (this may or not have been true - who knows, I only ever watch 1 or 2 dogs games a year)

I genuinely like Casboult forward but as I predicted :))) we cant play all the talls including Casboult and have Everitt and White in the team as utilities, plus have tall midfielders like Bell and Cripps who aren't speedy.

Casboult and Watson will in all likelihood get a chance this year as our magoos look stronger and they will get good delivery and be knocking on the door with 4&5 goal hauls.

Last edited:
Good to see Carlton haven't wasted any time in blooding Clem Smith :thumbsu: On that note I look forward to him drawing a bit of blood himself tomorrow. Decent looking team on paper, see no reason why your mob can't get up.

Defence looks rather tall, is one of Jamieson/Jaksch likely to play a sweeping role ala Michael Johnson? Not a DT/SC related enquiry fwiw.

fnm - that is a valid concern that I also have
I console myself or maybe delude with a theory that Rowe will go forward at times and even when Rowe is in the ruck I would think Wood will go forward and the Tigers would be aware Wood and Rowe are not like 203 and should be manned up when forward.

I also think Henderson should get the number 1 defender and we have third tall options with Everitt and White if Rowe is playing back - the thought being the Doggies didnt have genuine options forward to support Liam (this may or not have been true - who knows, I only ever watch 1 or 2 dogs games a year)

I genuinely like Casboult forward but as I predicted () we cant play all the talls including Casboult and have Everitt and White in the team as utilities, plus have tall midfielders like Bell and Cripps who aren't speedy.

Casboult and Watson will in all likelihood get a chance this year as our magoos look stronger and they will get good delivery and be knocking on the door with 4&5 goal hauls.

Yeah, I'm actually a fan of the 2 tall forwards and selected my team in the same fashion, except I had Cas in and Jones out, although I felt certain Jones would play. Big fan of 3/4 mid-size classy forwards, and your point re Rowe is a very good one. We haven't really seen him forward since he's developed the confidence to back himself and his marking, so probably will be able to do the job ok, if required.

Pre-game nerves is all it is :)

I am so pumped (not the Essendon kind) for this game I can't even sleep!

On another note, how good has the club media department been in the lead up to this game with all the content? They're really starting to build that collective vibe we really needed.

Good to see Carlton haven't wasted any time in blooding Clem Smith :thumbsu: On that note I look forward to him drawing a bit of blood himself tomorrow. Decent looking team on paper, see no reason why your mob can't get up.

Defence looks rather tall, is one of Jamieson/Jaksch likely to play a sweeping role ala Michael Johnson? Not a DT/SC related enquiry fwiw.
Simon White is likely to be that guy. Like I mentioned in the previous page, if I was putting on my coaches hat I think Jaksch might go out in the red vest for Clemmy Smith if we are looking too tall, White can then drop back and Clem can run amok. Both players are young so unsure if either could see out a whole game yet.

I'd love to see Jaksch get first crack at Riewoldt, we know Jamo has a great record against him but Jaksch is potentially a ten year player what a perfect way to introduce yourself to the big stage.

Menzel to kick 3 and Carlton to win by 11 with Cripps getting a rising star nom after picking up 25 touches 7 tackles and a goal;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Wickzki.
I-want-to-play-a-game-GIF.gif

It always takes a few weeks to get match fit at the start of a season & I think that might be why Cas has been left out, have the extra runner to help cover fatigue as the game goes on.

The nerves have kicked in already. Hope today goes fast. Pre game feed/beers at The Kingston can't come quick enough. Membership ready. There better not be bird poo on my seat. Let's bury those pretenders
Nice setup leading up to the long weekend... Bring it on!!

The nerves have kicked in already. Hope today goes fast. Pre game feed/beers at The Kingston can't come quick enough. Membership ready. There better not be bird poo on my seat. Let's bury those pretenders
I hear you mate..
I just want Jones to stand up and punish this mob. I feel he has the capability to do so, just sometimes no want to do so. I dare say this could be the biggest crowd he may have played in front of.
I believe across the field we have them covered. If Jones can put on a show, we will be in for a comfortable evening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back