Preview Rnd 12 Changes vs Dockers (Freo/Walyalup) – Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of sending him to Casey for a month, I was thinking it might not hurt to throw him into the ruck for 5 minutes a quarter just to get him into some games and having to throw his body around.

Might not actually be the worst thing.
I don’t mind Petty spelling Gawn in the ruck instead of JVR. He’s got more height than JVR and given his defender experience he should be more adept at dropping back to take saving marks.

Then there’s the added benefit as Demon 16 says of at least getting Petty involved in high might improve his confidence and touch.

Perfect opportunity to do it this week like they did in that excellent West Coast performance…

But there obviously must be a reason the coaches favour JVR over Petty in that ruck relief role when both are in the team. Not sure what that reason is though.

1000010106.jpg

Kyle Chandler
Kade Chandler

Harrison Petty :whitecheck:

I guess my concern with Petty in the ruck is his body seeming not up to it this year and the bask and crash of the ruck probably not ideal. But agree could be good to get around the footy.

I guess my concern with Petty in the ruck is his body seeming not up to it this year and the bask and crash of the ruck probably not ideal. But agree could be good to get around the footy.
What bash and crash of the ruck? This ain't the 80s anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back