Preview Rnd 12 Changes vs Dockers (Freo/Walyalup) – Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Cornes: “Did Adelaide dodge a bullet by not trading for Harrison Petty? Did you see what they offered up for him? I’m led to believe it was two first round draft picks.”
Kane Cornes has never engaged in hyperbole in his life.

Here's a report from the time that states the trade offered was pick 14 and McAdam and Cornes incorrectly reports it as pick 10.

So keen are the Crows reported to be, that Seven’s Theo Doropoulos confirmed Adelaide offered pick 14 and wantaway forward Shane McAdam for Petty.

It’s an offer that was rejected.

Cornes sees a big opportunity for Melbourne, especially with Brisbane forward Jack Gunston requesting a trade, and urged the Demons to get creative.

“You know I’m big on this… I’m not letting Melbourne’s opportunity with Petty go. He’s not going to be there (after) 2025… he will go home. So do you want one more year of Petty or do you want to get Adelaide’s pick 10, and then you’ve got picks six, 10 and 11.

If Adelaide actually did offer two firsts then surely we'd know what those picks actually were.

Last edited:
Dont think Fullerton is worth bringing in. Reacting to Jackson and Darcy is dumb.

Thats not to say I dont think thats what Goody will do, just think its pointless bringing in a tall dud for the sake of matching Jackson and Darcy in the ruck. If anything both of them playing is good for the backline, Tomo has a matchup when one of them is resting forward.
It's more just if it's a choice of a broken Petty, Brown or Fullarton, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Fullarton a go. We know there's zero chance Goodwin goes with one key forward, so for the second, I wouldn't mind giving a crack to the only one who hasn't proven to absolutely suck at AFL level this year. That he can ruck is a bonus.

You know my preference is just for a Richmond 2017-style one KPF setup, haha.

Kane Cornes has never engaged in hyperbole in his life.

Here's a report from the time that states the trade offered was pick 14 and McAdam and Cornes incorrectly reports it as pick 10.

If Adelaide actually did offer two firsts then surely we'd know what those picks actually were.
Time for me to take a moment to celebrate what 🔵🦵 🦵 does well. Thanks for doing the work for me mate.

You also need forwards of the quality that Richmond had.
And a game plan of get it forward fast at all costs. The speed of ball movement was what allowed Caddy to play as an undersized CHF, as it gave him space to lead up at the ball carrier.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

You also need forwards of the quality that Richmond had.
The gap isn't as big as you think in terms of personnel.

Petracca vs Martin: 2017 Martin was obviously a bit better, but not a huge difference
Neal-Bullen vs Lambert: Very similar players
Fritsch vs Caddy: Fritsch better
McAdam vs Castagna: Would like to think McAdam can beat Castagna's one goal per game average when he gets going
Butler vs Pickett: Pickett comfortably better
Rioli vs Chandler: Rioli better
Riewoldt vs JVR: That's where the obvious difference is.

It all comes down to ball movement/game style, really. Richmond prioritised speed on the ball off turnover, which gave their forwards space to operate in. We insist on kicking it to a contest involving 6+ players.

Out: Bowey, Petty, Windsor, Sparrow, Chandler,
In: AMK (another hyphen), Jefferson, Sestan, Laurie, Tholstrup (as sub)

McAdam is lucky we don't have any more options.
Woewodin gets a full game.
Sooner or later we need to find out how Jefferson and Sestan are tracking as forwards.
No better first test than the Freo defence.

Bowey, Windsor need some VFL practice. Sparrow and Chandler have been there long enough to know they are part of the problem.

Sooner or later we need to find out how Jefferson and Sestan are tracking as forwards.

Bowey, Windsor need some VFL practice. Sparrow and Chandler have been there long enough to know they are part of the problem.

Said it earlier in the thread but would be dumb to bring Jefferson in, we'll just kill his confidence. Let him play another four weeks in the VFL and really build some form rather than rushing him in off the back of one game.

Did Bowey run over your cat?

The gap isn't as big as you think in terms of personnel.

Petracca vs Martin: 2017 Martin was obviously a bit better, but not a huge difference
Neal-Bullen vs Lambert: Very similar players
Fritsch vs Caddy: Fritsch better
McAdam vs Castagna: Would like to think McAdam can beat Castagna's one goal per game average when he gets going
Butler vs Pickett: Pickett comfortably better
Rioli vs Chandler: Rioli better
Riewoldt vs JVR: That's where the obvious difference is.

It all comes down to ball movement/game style, really. Richmond prioritised speed on the ball off turnover, which gave their forwards space to operate in. We insist on kicking it to a contest involving 6+ players.
You're forgetting that the CFL brought in the stand rule and ruined Richmond's game style as well as every other team copying them! :madv1::madv1:

Corry Wagner changed his style btw: he’s gone all scruffy now, has a beard, unshaven, pony tail etc. Was such a nice handsome boy at the dees too.

Anyway hope someone murders him this weekend, would love to see Viney bury his face in the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corry Wagner changed his style btw: he’s gone all scruffy now, has a beard, unshaven, pony tail etc. Was such a nice handsome boy at the dees too.

Anyway hope someone murders him this weekend, would love to see Viney bury his face in the ground.
Didn’t he get caught up in a catfish scandal once? He’s probably adopting a disguise

Didn’t he get caught up in a catfish scandal once? He’s probably adopting a disguise
Ok, I missed this whole episode. Turns out it happened while he was at North.
TBH I didn't even know he played at North. Had a weird career.

Guessing you blokes advocating for Fullarton haven't seen him play or have a weird kink for rucks that suck in the VFL being promoted to get embarrassed at senior level.

Guessing you blokes advocating for Fullarton haven't seen him play or have a weird kink for rucks that suck in the VFL being promoted to get embarrassed at senior level.
Fullarton is so bad he would beat Max Gawn in a ruck battle.

Fullarton is so bad he would beat Max Gawn in a ruck battle.
Look, if we can get him onto the opposition team, I think I can support him getting a game and taking that risk.

I personally love crap vfl rucks promoted to be embarrassed.

I confess I haven’t watched any vfl this year. But I get a good feeling from yelling about dropping someone and if I get my way, some spud has to stand up to then be embarrassed

I personally love crap vfl rucks promoted to be embarrassed.

I confess I haven’t watched any vfl this year. But I get a good feeling from yelling about dropping someone and if I get my way, some spud has to stand up to then be embarrassed
We've got Verrall in the VFL who's way better as a ruck than Fullarton and he's a project that isn't near AFL level yet. It's significantly more weird than people wanting to see Schache last season.

Yeah if Max has a niggle then just rest him and give Verral a shot. It will be good experience for the guy.
Debuting him alone against Darcy and Jackson would be the definition of throwing him to the wolves lol.

Bullish on him, but would rather he didn't get decimated in his first game.

Debuting him alone against Darcy and Jackson would be the definition of throwing him to the wolves lol.

Bullish on him, but would rather he didn't get decimated in his first game.
Not sure I get this thinking, if you're a competitor you'd love the challenge. Just about the most important attribute you should look for with any ruck should be competitiveness, if you don't have it you pretty much have no shot. Gotta start somewhere 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is everyone that mentally soft these days that we must treat them with kid gloves and give them completely favourable situations? Competitors bounce back, if you're going to lose confidence after 1 game coz you were beaten by more seasoned players you're probably not long for this league anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back