Rnd 16 team vs Brisbane : IN Mitchell, Whitecross, OUT Sewell, Schoenmakers And now BUDDY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they are high profile recruits eh ?

He has dropped Lewis, Ozzie, Lado now Sewel and it wouldnt surprise me to see Roughie next I can sense Clarko is losing patients with certain players.
Not sure Burgoyne can be dropped since he has only played in 1 losing game since coming back from a broken jaw and Knee and Hamsrting injuries..

The lack of mention of Lisle by Clarko doesn't bode well for his late inclusion.

We normally like to make a bit of a point around a debutant playing his first game. Sewell may just get his reprieve.

Clarkos on Sen now talking, I have changed my opinion about this whole Sewell thing, I think Clarko has gone back to his tough ways again of dropping players who don't perform to make a statement, we have been asking for this from him for a long time now.
Also he hinted at a couple of Lions players in doubt which is why they are bringing all 3 emergencies to Tassie

I like it to be honest. None of us know what has been said to Sewelly behind closed doors. He may have been told to keep Selwood under bay and he killed us. 20+ possies or not, potentially him failing in his job could have cost us the game. I'm sure the match committee know what they are doing. I have faith in them.

Hopefully Lisle comes in this week. Would be good to get a look at him in the big league

Training at aurora: advertised for 3 pm it's now 335pm and no sign of players people are not happy. I can see the players upstairs in a team meeting upstairs.

Word is down here the lions have a major late change I cannot confirm it yet

I like it to be honest. None of us know what has been said to Sewelly behind closed doors. He may have been told to keep Selwood under bay and he killed us. 20+ possies or not, potentially him failing in his job could have cost us the game. I'm sure the match committee know what they are doing. I have faith in them.

Hopefully Lisle comes in this week. Would be good to get a look at him in the big league

Not having a go at you but can you please name anyone in the comp that can do this. I remember early in the year he smashed Kane Cornes who is one of the best going around.

Simple equation - Tell Sewell we expect more and he will die trying. If he plays he will do well and we will win.

I actually thought that was one of his better games against the cats and remember the issues he had pre-season with injury.

Clarko stop being silly and put him in the team he is a STAR who will return to his best with more game time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really hoping that Lisle plays, would love to watch this kid in his first game replacing buddy, I think we need to go tall for tall. Also cant believe sewell is out, with black out I would have thought we would have gone for our best midfield to crush them.

Praying that fev or brown is out, they usually play really well against us.

CARN THE HAWKS!!!!!

Not having a go at you but can you please name anyone in the comp that can do this. I remember early in the year he smashed Kane Cornes who is one of the best going around.

Simple equation - Tell Sewell we expect more and he will die trying. If he plays he will do well and we will win.

I actually thought that was one of his better games against the cats and remember the issues he had pre-season with injury.

Clarko stop being silly and put him in the team he is a STAR who will return to his best with more game time!

No doubt, and I'm not saying that this IS the reason he was dropped, was using it as an example. The match committee will be telling Sewelly what to do, he obviously hasn't been doing what they asked, and therefore he has suffered the consequences. I doubt you'll find a Hawks supporter that doesn't love the guy, but I think it's great that we are in a position to say to ANY player, this is what we want, you haven't met it, you are dropped to work on it. something we haven't had for ages. There is no doubt to anyone on here that he won't come back the better for it.

Why do teams bother naming injured players?

The teams were released about 22hrs ago. What could have possibly changed in that time?
They name players who may or may not be fit to play to give them every chance to get up by the time the game starts. If they can't play you can take them out of the side but if you don't name them because of doubt the doubt might be gone by game day and you'd be kicking yourself that Jonathan Brown is sitting in the coach's box fully fit while Aaron Cornelius is starting at center half forward

I heard Dermott on SEN say that Sewell is not as quick has he was 2 years ago, and can't keep up with the elite mids anymore, so he said that they may be dropping him for some improvment with his running technique.

Ozzy and Rougy to kick 10 between them.:)

No one has mentioned maguire as being the brizzy player under a cloud?. If maguire was going to be out, you'd suspect lisle to come straight in to exploit their lack of kpd.

Jonothan brown did nothing at training today just handballs a doubtful starter but no confirmation yet.

Fevola will play and trained well after eating 6 hot dogs

mcguire is doubtful

Cornelius travelled on the chartered flight to launceston with the team

for the hawks all emergencies trained that is lisle savage and sewell. Surprisingly Jordan Williams trained as well. Official explanation re Williams 'here for the experience'

Mitch has his glove on and should play

Jonothan brown did nothing at training today just handballs a doubtful starter but no confirmation yet.

Fevola will play and trained well after eating 6 hot dogs

mcguire is doubtful

Cornelius travelled on the chartered flight to launceston with the team

for the hawks all emergencies trained that is lisle savage and sewell. Surprisingly Jordan Williams trained as well. Official explanation re Williams 'here for the experience'

Mitch has his glove on and should play
don't suppose you know if Campbell Brown trained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back