Preview Rnd 17 Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Saturday Jul 21 - 7.40PM Team - Post #266

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: McInness, Jamison, Duigan
HB: Yarran, Watson, Bootsma
C: Gibbs, McLean, Scotland
HF: Garlett, Henderson, Murphy
F: Betts, Mitchell/Casboult, Kreuzer
R: Warnock, Robinson, Carrazzo

I/C: Armfield, Lucas, Collins
Sub: Touhy

In: Mitchell/Casboult, Bootsma, Touhy, Warnock
Out: Joseph, Judd, Curnow, Walker

My team is all about moving forward. Get games into the young forwards NOW! No point waiting any longer.
The sad part is, thats probably close to our best 22
Bootsma and Mitchell are the only who wouldnt be in at the moment.
Annnd Warnock still has to serve his VFL suspension so he wont be there

If the talk of Kreuzer being out is true then I am starting to really worry about this game. I know bulldogs are stinking at the moment but my pessimism is beginning to overwhelm me.

KPF clunking contested marks is one of my favourite things and I would love for Levi and Mitchell to both come in this week, I just don't think it will happen. Levi has played only 2 games back from 2 months out injured. From what I read he is a bit rusty. Mitchell might have played enough games to come in if we are desperate, with better delivery in the 1s he may be handy.

We played most of last season without a KPF and we finished 5th with the 4th best percentage almost 20% points clear of 6th so maybe we don't need a KPF to have a functioning forward line this week.

We played most of last season without a KPF and we finished 5th with the 4th best percentage almost 20% points clear of 6th so maybe we don't need a KPF to have a functioning forward line this week.
Poppycock.

We had 2 ruckmen for most games and a combination of Setanta and Thornton when Waite was unavailable.

I remember thinking during the final against WC that we could have done with a strong marking KPF. I felt that was the missing ingredient. I can't bloody wait until we play like that again.

Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and expect more than one boot to stomp down on it but here goes:

I think it will do the team some good to have Judd out. It was tragic to see how hard he tried to lift them on Friday night but to no avail. Its time our other so-called leaders took the bit by the teeth. Now they have to because if they don't there will be nowhere to hide.

Be gentle with me.

Setanta played 8 games (only 6 that contributed to our %) and was average at best
Thornton played 50% forward and 50% back and has never been a KPP

Betts, Garlett and Walker scored 154 between them last season

Thornton, Kruezer, Hampson, Warnock, O'Hailpin, Waite kicked 54

Well I'm going to stick my neck out here and expect more than one boot to stomp down on it but here goes:

I think it will do the team some good to have Judd out. It was tragic to see how hard he tried to lift them on Friday night but to no avail. Its time our other so-called leaders took the bit by the teeth. Now they have to because if they don't there will be nowhere to hide.

Be gentle with me.
I agree 100%. It will also open up another spot for the match committee to blood someone.

I agree 100%. It will also open up another spot for the match committee to blood someone.

I'm not sure how big his engine is but would it be worth bringing in Bell and giving him a run with role on Boyd? Would give him a feel for the game against an opposition that isn't super quick, could be good for the kid...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Others have talked about Judd missing the game and how it will be tell us a few things about us.

In my opinion, the two greatest leaders by example and application at our club are Judd and Simpson.
This will be the first game since Judd's arrival at the club where both these guys are missing.

Will certainly tell us a thing or two about the rest of the boys, imo.

Others have talked about Judd missing the game and how it will be tell us a few things about us.

In my opinion, the two greatest leaders by example and application at our club are Judd and Simpson.
This will be the first game since Judd's arrival at the club where both these guys are missing.

Will certainly tell us a thing or two about the rest of the boys, imo.

Good observation Red.

Carrots should be Captain while Judd and Simmo out. His application on the field and devotion to the team are impeccable.

Jamo is also a good leader but has been down.

I had Gibbs as my next Carlton captain and the proof will be in the pudding in the next few weeks. Has been mighty disappointing when the stakes are raised so far. Nonetheless I maintain the faith in Bryce. The coaches have done him no favours at all with how they use him, just as they did not with Walks prior to last year.

I feel sorry for you guys! Full squad Carlton are dangerous but with soo many outs and a bad run of suspensions ect is really going to push you.. Should be a good game with hopefully no more injuries :s

Goodluck

B: McInness, Jamison, Duigan
HB: Yarran, Watson, Bootsma
C: Gibbs, McLean, Scotland
HF: Garlett, Henderson, Murphy
F: Betts, Mitchell/Casboult, Kreuzer
R: Warnock, Robinson, Carrazzo

I/C: Armfield, Lucas, Collins
Sub: Touhy

In: Mitchell/Casboult, Bootsma, Touhy, Warnock
Out: Joseph, Judd, Curnow, Walker

My team is all about moving forward. Get games into the young forwards NOW! No point waiting any longer.
Isn't Warnock suspended.....

Carrots should be Captain while Judd and Simmo out. His application on the field and devotion to the team are impeccable.

Sticks gave Carrots a massive pump up as all things navy at the BnF, then again at the AGM.

For a bloke like S. Kernahan to admire your commitment and leadership around the club, says a shiteload, and if Juddy isn't out there this week I would be gobsmacked beyond all belief if Carrots wasn't given the mantle. Symbolic or not, he is the kind of bloke quite a few of our lads need to follow into battle.

I'm not sure how big his engine is but would it be worth bringing in Bell and giving him a run with role on Boyd? Would give him a feel for the game against an opposition that isn't super quick, could be good for the kid...
Got 15 on the beep test at draft camp & was mentioned by Andy Mckay that he was a distance runner at high school. Should be out there soon hopefully

Setanta played 8 games (only 6 that contributed to our %) and was average at best
Thornton played 50% forward and 50% back and has never been a KPP

Betts, Garlett and Walker scored 154 between them last season

Thornton, Kruezer, Hampson, Warnock, O'Hailpin, Waite kicked 54
Big finals aren't won without KPFs. Far more contested game at that end of the year.

OUT: Joseph(inj), Walker(inj), Judd(susp), Jamo(surgery), Kreuzer(surgery), Garlett
IN: Ellard, Mitchell, Casboult, Dale, White, Russell

B: McInnes, Watson, Duigan
HB: Scotland, White, Yarran
C: Armfield, McLean, Lucas
HF: Robinson, Hendo, Gibbs
F: Betts, Mitchell, Collins
R: Casboult, Murphy, Carrazzo

IC: Ellard, Russell, Curnow
S: Dale

If one of Mitchell or Casboult don't play this week i'l be shocked and majorly annoyed. We have no tall forward or back up ruck may aswell give them a run. And you watch what will happen if Mitchell or Casboult take 4-5 marks and kick 2-3 goals everyone will be saying if only Carlton played them earlier. At worst they have a good hard crack, straighten us up, give us a bail out kick to the square and create a contest and bring the ball down for Betts, Collins etc. DO IT RATTEN!

Flowers, it was for two reasons.
The first was I forgot about him and added him in. The second was that I wanted those certain people in those specific roles, and it was a developmental squad.

OUT: Walker, Judd, McInnes, Garlett
IN: Bell, Ellard, Casboult, Dale

Yarran, Jamison, Joseph
Scotland, Watson, Duigan
Gibbs, Ellard, Collins
Armfield, Henderson, Robinson
Betts, Casboult, Murphy
Kreuzer, McLean, Carrazzo

Curnow, Bell, Lucas, Dale (s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad