Preview Rnd 17 Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Saturday Jul 21 - 7.40PM Team - Post #266

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we go in with:

B:Yarran Jamison McInnes
HB:Duigan Watson Bootsma
C:Gibbs Robinson Scotland
HF: Collins Thornton Garlett
F: Betts Henderson Armfield
R: Kreuzer Carazzo Murphy
I/C: Ellard, Mclean, Curnow S: Dale

IN: Bootsma, Thornton, Ellard, Dale
OUT: Walker (inj) Joseph (inj) Lucas (Omit) Judd (susp)

Hope we go in with:

B:Yarran Jamison McInnes
HB:Duigan Watson Bootsma
C:Gibbs Robinson Scotland
HF: Collins Thornton Garlett
F: Betts Henderson Armfield
R: Kreuzer Carazzo Murphy
I/C: Ellard, Mclean, Curnow S: Dale

IN: Bootsma, Thornton, Ellard, Dale
OUT: Walker (inj) Joseph (inj) Lucas (Omit) Judd (susp)

Go :Duigs!

Judd and Walker are definite outs with Joseph another possibility.
Ellard should be in and I'm not sure why he was dropped in the first place.

I think we are going to have to play one of Thornton or Mitchell. Thornton seems to be out of favour and Mitchell is probably not ready to debut but I think we need a tall option up forward with Walker going down.

Touhy should come in for Joseph if he is injured

Ins: Thornton Touhy Ellard
Outs: Walker Joseph (if injured) Judd

I think players like Thornton and Bower should be given opportunity to prove their worth in the hope of getting a new contract

I think players like Thornton and Bower should be given opportunity to prove their worth in the hope of getting a new contract

Too late - the decision was seemingly made a month ago. The club made the decision to risk games by playing a midget forward line than play either.

I'm tired of refraining that we won't win too many games with 2-3 less talls than our opposition and will cease henceforth this week as Casboult is promoted to second ruck and Mitchell is plonked at full forward.

Just wondering why we played Casboult in the Nth Blues ressies rather than Squid...

According to the Age we wanted to play both, but they'd only let us play Casbault.

Luke Mitchell had played four VFL games in his two years at our football club and we asked permission for him to play VFL twos last week and was knocked back, so he didn't even play a game," he said.
"Luke might have been close [to senior selection] this week, but on the back of that we can't even contemplate selecting him.

Ref: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-bewildered-by-vfl-system-20120718-229k5.html#ixzz20xPeEIzS

Interesting that Levi has only just come back and played a couple of games while Mitchell has played four and taken a forced break for the week but Levi might be the one considered this week but not Mitchell.

I think the reason Levi will get the nod ahead of Squidda this week, is probably because Levi has played in the ruck a lot over the past three years, when he has been fit, and if Kreuze doesn't come up this week, Levi will have a big debut game ahead of him, as I presume he would take number 1 ruckman.
If Kreuze does play, then Levi can play back up ruckman instead of Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welease Wevi!

lifeofobrian.jpg

I actually LoL'd at this. .. You idiot :)

Just for those who haven't seen much of Levi Casboult, he's not the fittest of blokes at the best of times, let alone after a long injury layoff, but on what I've seen in the VFL we can take some comfort in the knowledge that he has pride in his performance and we know that we are going to get 100% effort and a physical contest from him. His rucking technique isn't great and he doesn't win many tap outs to advantage, but he will use his knee as a battering ram and at least ware down the opposing ruckman via a physical battle. I'm worried that he's only had one VFL seniors match for 5 possessions and 9 hitouts (as well as a development league game) and I hope he doesn't become mindful of re-injuring his knee as it was smashing into another body that hurt it in the first place.

Lucas, hendo and kruezer won't play

Has Henderson the same groin problem, as if this is the case you really have to question the way we have managed some of our players this season, as this would be the third time he has comeback and then suffered a recurrence of the same injury.

No offence taken LanceRomance. I'm equally disappointed.

Casboult and Bell are good chances atm. Other ones in consideration are Thornton, Russell, Ellard, Bower, Dale.

With minimum 5 changes, there's still a lot of thinking to be done.

Has Henderson the same groin problem, as if this is the case you really have to question the way we have managed some of our players this season, as this would be the third time he has comeback and then suffered a recurrence of the same injury.

Wouldn't be the first player to suffer a groin where it appears fixed only to get sore again. .. Wont be the last player to be managed through it. .. Judd says hi ;)

Dont believe Lucas and Kreuz wont play - Hendo is in doubt though.
In: Touhy, Casboult, Waite, Thornton, Bell,
Out: Judd, Walker, Joseph, Henderson, Garlett
B: Duigan Jamison Touhy
HB: McInnes Watson Yarran
C: Lucas Gibbs Scotland
HF: Betts Casboult Collins
F: Thornton Waite Armfield

Foll: Kreuzer Carazzo Murphy

IC: Robinson, Curnow, McLean, Sub - Bell

B Joseph Jamison McInnes
HB Yarran Watson Duigan
C Robinson McLean Tuohy
HF Waite Henderson Gibbs
F Betts Casboult Armfield
R Kreuzer Murphy Carrazzo
INT Curnow Lucas Scotland Collins

That's my team this week although looking at above posts a couple of important blokes I picked won't play.

Wouldn't be the first player to suffer a groin where it appears fixed only to get sore again. .. Wont be the last player to be managed through it. .. Judd says hi ;)

Let's not question anything then, all is going perfectly well at the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back