Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Essendon @ MCG Saturday 23rd July 7:10pm - Team post #244

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Rnd 18 - Carlton v Essendon @ MCG Saturday 23rd July 7:10pm

1 change for the Bombers ...........

Essendon

B: Kyle Hardingham, Michael Hurley, Dustin Fletcher

HB: Dyson Heppell, Tayte Pears, Henry Slattery

C: Jake Melksham, Mark McVeigh, Brent Prismall

HF: Brent Stanton, David Hille, Angus Monfries

F: Stewart Crameri, Jake Carlisle, Leroy Jetta

Foll: Patrick Ryder, David Zaharakis, Ben Howlett

I/C: Ricky Dyson, Alwyn Davey, Kyle Reimers, Travis Colyer

Emg: David Myers, Tom Bellchambers, Michael Ross

In: Jake Carlisle

Out: Heath Hocking (Soreness)

3 changes

Ins: - Armfield, Davies, Tuohy

Outs: - : Bower (calf), Joseph (hamstring), Watson

Carlton

B: Christopher Yarran, Lachlan Henderson, Jeremy Laidler
HB: Bryce Gibbs, Marcus Davies, Nick Duigan
C: Heath Scotland, Chris Judd, Dennis Armfield
HF: Kade Simpson, Bret Thornton, Jeffrey Garlett
F: Andrew Walker, Matthew Kreuzer, Eddie Betts
Foll: Robert Warnock, Mitch Robinson, Marc Murphy

I/C: David Ellard, Zach Tuohy, Edward Curnow, Wayde Twomey

Emg: Setanta O'hAilpin, Mark Austin, Kane Lucas

In: Dennis Armfield, Marcus Davies, Zach Tuohy

Out: Paul Bower (Calf), Aaron Joseph (Hamstring), Matthew Watson

Milestones: Kade Simpson - 150 games
What the ****! - we struggle with talls so we bring in 3 smalls. One who has done SFA for 17 weeks.

What happened with Bower, and why was it kept out the dark!

Who are they fooling? That HB line will not instil fear in ANY team. Far out Carlton I hope we don't get monstered! There is very little deviations we can make, we've taken out two talls and replaced them with running types!

Congratulations to Simmo on 150 games. :thumbsu:

Tells ya A-Girl, that's a fantastic effort for a bloke picked at 45, when we were the worst football team in the universe, and didn't get a touch in his first 3 games. Every week he puts it on the line.

Well done Kade. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Baggers by a point.

So we loose x2 talls (Watson and Bower) and replace them with a HBF (Tuohy) and a medium defender ??? You have got to love the balance in the team :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tells ya A-Girl, that's a fantastic effort for a bloke picked at 45, when we were the worst football team in the universe, and didn't get a touch in his first 3 games. Every week he puts it on the line.

Well done Kade. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Baggers by a point.

Absolutely numb3rs.

Simmo is like British paints.

Keeps on keeping on. ;)

Fantastic effort & I hope the boys have a win for him. :thumbsu:

Blues by a Simmo ...........

Going for speed. MC have identified that Essendon always beat us (bar the last two encounters) with their pace so we're going to try and beat them at their own game.

Who are we going to be kicking to do in forward 50? Hopefully there is a late change and either Setanta or Austin get a go.. We really need some height in our spine!

Would of been pretty livid if Bower was omitted. In the limited capacity he had lastweek his run and carry looked to be back to his norm. Boy just can't stay injury free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better hope Krueze/206 and Thornton start taking some contested marks otherwise Fletcher, Hurley etc will grab every long bomb going into our F50.

Perhaps the midfield can just send grubbers into the arc and the little blokes can do their stuff.

Why the **** is Bower out!?
Because he played 15 minutes last week and is made of straw!!!:eek:
----ing getting beyond a joke this bloke!!:mad:
Hopefully 1 of either Irish or Austin are a late inclusion and they realise that Thornton will need to be played back!!:cool:

Going for speed. MC have identified that Essendon always beat us (bar the last two encounters) with their pace so we're going to try and beat them at their own game.

Bar the last two encounters? So ignoring that past year

They used to murder us for pace due to Andrew Lovett, who tore us to shreds, and Aaron Davey, who is seemingly unfit (or at least, not in 100% form).

Both sides are completely different now. We are the small quick team, however they have the imposing talls (Hurley, Fletcher, Ryder, Hille etc.)

Shocking line-up....

but this is a game where we'll see what the boys are made of and if we indeed have "no passengers"... don't use our injuries as an excuse... top 4 is on the line and 3 losses in a row would inflict a psychological blow.... we can win.. we just need to want to win it.

In: D.Armfield, M.Davies, Z.Tuohy
Out: P.Bower (Calf), A.Joseph (Hamstring), M.Watson (Omitted)

Bloody Bower, what's wrong with the bloke. Carrazzo out is a bugger.

Scary structure. One genuine key position player in the whole side, and he is being played out of position. Then we have a third defender named at CHF, a flanker at CHB and ruckman at full forward.

Essendon have Pears, Fletcher, Hille, Ryder, Crameri, Hurley and Carlisle that can rotate through key positions? They also have Myers and Bellchambers as emergencies.

There has to be a late withdrawal with Setanta coming in. What if Henderson went down during the game? What if it is a dry game with good marking conditions?

The Eagles smashed us with their talls marking everything. Richmond nearly came back and beat us in round 1 because of our lack of talls after an injury. I just don't get our team balance logic sometimes. Has to be a change, just has to be.

not sure how this is going to work, Henderson down back with not much help...at least with Setanta u could have brought him in started him forward with Thornton and had the capacity to throw Thornton back as another tall option not sure what the plan is now, Thornton forward all game with Kruezer and Henderson with help from Laidler, Duigan and Davies is a worry...what the hell is Davies doing in anyway? does the MC feel the need to bring him in to find out he cant play before delisting him seasons end? I would've just played Irish in front of him no problems, at least if Irish had a shocker the MC could fall back on the fact we're light on for talls and we needed the structure, this is mind boggling i mean Davies FFS!

Thuohy and Army i get back Davies i mean seriously!

A very ordinary line up selected by the MC, no structure at all, Watson brought in for 1 game, not sure this is the right path for development, surely give him 2 to 3 games on end to adjust to the tempo, particuarly with Bower out again.

It would be interesting to know how the MC expects to kick a winning score with that line up.
I Would surprised to win with this line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Essendon @ MCG Saturday 23rd July 7:10pm - Team post #244

Remove this Banner Ad

Back